Dot5hosting... sucks

I recently cancelled my hosting plan with dot5hosting after staying with them for three or four months. I highly advise you to stay away from this host. Of course, you may have a different experience with them but in general their service is rather bad. I've read countless hosting reviews claiming that dot5 has the best deal, and that's true in many ways. If you don't care much about service and reliability, then this is the host for you. I don't want to spend too much time on this. I just want to let people know about dot5 so they don't make any mistakes. Here are some pros and cons:

The Good
    - Very nice deals (lots of features, cheap), check website for more information
    - 90 day money back guarantee, and they give back money pretty fast because this is where they can get sued
    - friendly service
    - usually fast loading times
    - many other features, check site

The Bad
    - The first few days were horrible for me. Almost nothing was working (files were missing here and there, they forgot to do this or that)
    - Correspondants are friendly, but the time it takes for them to respond varries, despite their 30 minute guarantee, sometimes takes days, sometimes never respond
    - Live chat is horrible, they don't respond for a good 5-10 minutes, then after every reply they're gone for another few
    - If they don't really know the answer there is no guarantee that they will look for it (at least not soon)
    - They speak to you like you're in kindergarten (almost literally)
    - They seem retarded, asking questions they've already asked, and in general working very slowly
    - VDeck is HORRIBLE
    - Many features simply don't work, sometimes you can ask them about it and they'll fix it though
    - may accidentally destroy/delete your site (LOL). They "lost" my databases and only let me know when I emailed them a few days later

Also, after I got a refund (two months ago) they still haven't cancelled my hosting. So in other words, I'm using their services without paying. I'm not too estatic about it because it's very bad like I said, but until I sign up with another host (lunarpages maybe) I'm using this one, and I'll use it for other things for as long as it lasts.

Anway, this is basically all I have time to say. Sorry about any spelling, grammar, or punctuation mistakes, but I really don't wanna spend time on this. Just letting you know what my experience was like to help you out...

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience with dot5, indeed, it seems like they were getting that kind of reviews after they were sold to ipoweb.

I wish you the best of lucks with your next host!

One thing to take in mind, I don't know how you found dot5, but that's another of the hosts using CJ affiliate program, I suggest to you to not even considered those "top 10" lists on web hosting directories, they are based on CJ pay fees, this mean, the #1 is the higher payer per referral.

There are many good and honests host around, just take your time to find it
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 12-20-2006 at 07:47 PM.

If Dot5 was sold to iPower, do not expect that much at all! iPower (based on my experience) is absolutely, obviously in-capable of providing quality and professional customer service to their client's. I am however, sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the level of service that Dot5 has been providing to you.