Cell phone ringtones question...

I just got a new cell phone and it didn't come with a standard ringtone. I really HATE those musical ringtones and prefer a standard business ringtone.

So I ended up finding some really nice standard ringtones online but they are .wav files. I don't know how to put those .wav files into my cell phone as the ringtone... does anybody know?

I can't fiqure it out and it doesn't say anything about it in the manual at all. Can you even put .wav into a cell phone?

I can't stand these musical ringtones and want a standard ring so that my cell phone actually sounds like a phone and not some kind of annoying device!

Who else here prefers standard rings?

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty
    Who else here prefers standard rings?
    Not me The first thing I did with my new phone was download all my favorite songs as ringtones
    Nick Hudson - Prevail Host LLC - http://www.prevail.host/
    Premium Quality cPanel Hosting Services - CloudLinux, LiteSpeed & SSD
    WHMControl - Secure Your Server Logins & Automate Password Changes

I see, I just can't stand it and prefer a standard ring tone

But what on earth... I was online searching for some standard ringtones and stumbled upon a couple of websites that stated they would provide me with a dozen of these ringtones for free and all I had to do was enter my cell number to proceed. So I did.

I then noticed that both these websites charged me $9.99 (totaling $20 bucks) and signed me up for some type of subscription without my knowledge!

I called my cell company and they refunded me the charges and cancelled those subscriptions. I guess it happened after I entered my cell number into those websites and clicked that "Yes, I agree to the terms" and they sneaked the subscription in that was NOT clearly mentioned at all.

EDIT: I now see that most of these sites do charge a $9.99/month subscription fee... but the sites I went to had it in tiny fine print. At least now I know.
    Last edited by Frosty; 12-20-2006 at 08:46 PM.

If you're looking to get sound files from your computer to your phone (what brand and model is it?), check out http://www.howardforums.com/ . HowardForums is probably the largest cell phone related forum, and has a very knowledgeable user base. That's how I've found out every hack for my cell phone, such as pretty much uncrippling Verizon's lame version of Bluetooth to allow file transfers.

Joshua,

Thanks... I shall check it out. Actually... I did stumble upon that forum before this thread through google... that is where I found a link to a site that had some really great standard business ringtones which I put on my cell phone and am now using so I'm all set.

Now my cell phone sounds like a phone! And not "doo deee daaa doo deee daa".... "doooo dooo deee"