Crunya.com - stay away!

I bumped in Crunya about a month ago, I noticed they are ovh.com's resellers and knew that even if their website says they lease 100Mbps unmetered servers, they still have to apply ovh rules and probably cap as well, like bestofdata did under dedibox and ovh directly.

Still... I contact one of their sales guys via MSN, and spoke with him for a few days about all the capping worries I have. he PROMISED me many times that I can be sure that I won't be capped, even when I told him in advance that I will be using the entire 100Mbps full time for media streaming for very big sites.

He kept telling me that he knows about OVH capping issues but I can relax and be sure that there isn't such an option with them and that I won't get capped 100% because they have their own cabinets at ovh's with dedicated lines that are paid in full by them and thats why my server won't be capped.

I even got an E-mail from their support team, Guaranteeing me I won't be capped.

Dear Customer

We have servers on the major datacenters in europe, OVH datacenters can offer to us good prices,(our unmetered servers are the 90% on OVH Datacenter) we have 130 servers on OVH datacenter and our servers aren't capped.

We have servers working at 90-98 mbps full time (upstream)
    I know ovh have 10mbits limit in some servers (upstream), but we can guarantee our servers are 100mbps full duplex non caped.
    I asked our administrator for your question and they say the same
    "All servers working at 100mbps full duplex"

Yours sincerely,
    Crunya Networks
    Support Team

Eventually I was convinced, and decided its worth a try, I ordered the server which I got 3 days later, and started using it.
    In the first 1.5 weeks,everything went smoothly, I was happy and really was able to use most of the line( 80-85 Mbps, 75% of the time), and I was happy it isn't being capped like they promised.
    After 1.5 weeks, suddenly I was capped to ridiculous speed,the maximum Upstream/Downstream speed is 6k, international traffic and internal France traffic, for example from this server to dedibox server.

Since the cap started, their MSN sales contact I used to talk with disappeared from MSN, their support replied only once saying this is a technical issue, that its temporary and I shouldn't be worry, it will be sorted out soon.

After the MSN sales representative disappeared, the support team started ignoring all the emails I sent them asking about updates with the "technical problem", or if they have alternative solutions for me because until they will fix the problem, and eventually I even asked them if I should just look for another host if they can't uncap me, No reply to any of that.

Its been more than a 1.5 weeks since the server was capped.

Since there was no one to talk to:
    I had to find myself a different solution, I canceled the server , and Just wanted to warn about the false information they write in their website about the 1Gbps and 100Mbps "guaranteed" unmetered servers, and about their Support techniques in cases that an issue arises.

I don't think that:

1) They should guarantee a service that they can't really handle or unsure of and obviously out of their control, and lie to their customers about their abilities.

2) And even if I'm the only customer of their that was ever capped, which I doubt, disappearing,hiding and ignoring is no way and extremely unprofessional way to treat a customer especially when he encounter a problem that is not up to him.

If you do decide to choose using them,

Good luck

Hello,

OVH has a strange rule , They told me 100 Mbit unmetered fact like this :

5 hours you will be able to burst 75 Mbps
    Another 5 hours your speed will be dropped to 50 Mbps
    Another 5 hours speed will be dropped to 25 Mbps
    It goes like this until 1 Mbps.

This is strange.

This is was happening to me to.... They have been stopping to answers the email! its very extremely unprofessional!

5 hours you will be able to burst 75 Mbps
    Another 5 hours your speed will be dropped to 50 Mbps
    Another 5 hours speed will be dropped to 25 Mbps
    It goes like this until 1 Mbps.

Just wonder if 1 januari the speed will be 100mbit again ? Any one know that?

Have you tried both calling their company ?

Emailing a top senior management?

If so and you get NO response in those 1.5 weeks including your salesman who provided you with all of this steps that you had to take I would just simply explain my credit card what has happened and issue a chargeback. I mean what other way can you resolve it if no one comes forward to talk to you? And that rule is b|s.

Just got a reply, they probably saw this post or somthing:

Dear xxxx,

Sorry for the inconvenience, we have lost all our bussiness, ovh have capped 80% of our servers regarding their new policies of video-ip, we are talking every day whith ovh, and the response was, its all ok, only today we have the response of video-ip.

OVH was killed our bussines

you can make the actions you consider necesary,

sorry for the problems, we only want to make a good bussines, but our provider was killed our bussiness

Crunya Networks
    Administration

That sux really.

But if they have a contract with them that the servers they are reselling for them can be used 100% there should be NO reason why they capped most of them. Gotta ask questions .This I learnt yesterday before going with a company who might be reselling.

Why do you act shocked when this happens? Companies can't sell bandwidth at a loss and stay in business. The sooner you realize you aren't getting 100MBPS dedicated bandwidth for 100$/month, the sooner you'll find a decent provider. It doesn't matter WHAT the salesmen promises you, absolute best case scenario, the company really does give it to you and goes out of business in 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by seraph1
    Why do you act shocked when this happens? Companies can't sell bandwidth at a loss and stay in business. The sooner you realize you aren't getting 100MBPS dedicated bandwidth for 100$/month, the sooner you'll find a decent provider. It doesn't matter WHAT the salesmen promises you, absolute best case scenario, the company really does give it to you and goes out of business in 2 months.
    While everything you said is true he got a response straight from the dept of the company that what he wanted they offered. Nobody wants to think business is going to run out soon so nobody really thinks about it everyone or most I should stay say "Okay they been here I seen their ADs they offer great deals , I asked all the questions before I jump on it seems good" <-(Run-on sentence).

I mean look at FDC for $169 I think you can use up their "100mbps shared" for up to 40mbps most have reported (30-40) and thats still a great deal and "too good to be true regardless being shared" but its still here.