Thread: google IS nuts!

* google IS nuts!

i mentioned before how google was blocking websites claiming that they were distributing spyware, etc

well, i was trying to access GOOGLE adwords and i got this message (on a 403 error page)

We're sorry...
    ... but your query looks similar to automated requests from a computer virus or spyware application. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now.

We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In the meantime, if you suspect that your computer or network has been infected, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover to make sure that your systems are free of viruses and other spurious software.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on Google.
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

What is it with you and Google? I also hate that they block the warez sites. But it is there search engine. They can do what ever they want. They are helping people who don't know where they are going.

Anyways back to topic. You can try contacting them through email.

http://adwords.google.com/support/bin/request.py

Atleast they're trying...

usually the 'you look like a computer' message just makes ya type in a security code.. i guess they stop ya completely now not suprised after the whole google hacking thing hehe

Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer

Quote Originally Posted by fastnoc
    How do you like live.com ..... how do you compare it to google.... I am starting not to like google as much as many sites I want cannot be easily found by google, msn and yahoo sometimes offer me what I am looking for... but google still give me better results overall.
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAS, or even across the internet

I like it. I've started using a lot of the Live stuff.

I threw a temp site up and transfered a domain to office live for playing. just the front page is edited. the rest is just boilerplate stuff but so far I like live.com a lot.

www.fastnoc.org
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer

i was logged into my adsense account.

how can my query look like a computer virus?

Well, it's good to see that google is applying counter measures to possible threats
    Caro.Net: Support is everything
    Offering High Quality Dedicated Servers.

I've had this error around 5 times in the past just visiting the google homepage. it was about 1 year ago tho...

I get that error when surfing at college...

Most of the time when you get that error it is because some computer within your ip range (the actual term slips my mind right now) is attempting to DDoS google and they simply block the range of ip's to stop it. So it may not be you, but it could be a computer in your ip range. It takes a lot to get google to do that though from what I have experienced.

So, for example, if your ip is 67.234.11.23 (outside ip from your isp) and your neighbor is 67.234.12.187 (their outside ip) and their computer is infected and attacking google then google may block 67.234.xxx.xxx
    You are unique, just like everyone else.

how can my query look like a computer virus?
    We don't know but apparently you are the problem.
    IE7 is nine years behind the standards or wrong.
    But it works in IE!
    "IE is a cancer on the web" -- Paul Thurott
    "Avoid hacker-bait apps like Internet Explorer" -- Kevin Mitnick

never had any trouble... they are still best

Quote Originally Posted by theqase
    Most of the time when you get that error it is because some computer within your ip range (the actual term slips my mind right now) is attempting to DDoS google and they simply block the range of ip's to stop it. So it may not be you, but it could be a computer in your ip range. It takes a lot to get google to do that though from what I have experienced.

So, for example, if your ip is 67.234.11.23 (outside ip from your isp) and your neighbor is 67.234.12.187 (their outside ip) and their computer is infected and attacking google then google may block 67.234.xxx.xxx
    hmmmm, we are surrounded by senior citizens....

Lol. I love Google <3 . So simplistic. Shame they bought YouTube though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Stephens
    hmmmm, we are surrounded by senior citizens....

Well, I was only using that for an example.

But being senior citizens it could be possible that one of them has a computer and opened an email that they didnt know what it was (you know, the cute santa screensaver) and ended up being a virus/spyware and is causing the problem.

try using a proxy and see if that helps you.
    You are unique, just like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Stephens
    i mentioned before how google was blocking websites claiming that they were distributing spyware, etc

well, i was trying to access GOOGLE adwords and i got this message (on a 403 error page)

We're sorry...
    ... but your query looks similar to automated requests from a computer virus or spyware application. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now.

We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In the meantime, if you suspect that your computer or network has been infected, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover to make sure that your systems are free of viruses and other spurious software.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on Google.
    But what's with you and Google? You seem to hate their every move, and post critisizing Google more often than they hit the news

May I suggest that you stop using Google? Could save you some emotional turmoil?

May I suggest that you stop using Google? Could save you some emotional turmoil?
    That is almost like saying stop using the internet.

There are other search engines just as good eg. live.com

I have had that error pop up before, but it made me type in numbers off of an image.

-Jarrett

Wow, evil Google!

I have never had any problems with google, thank god. That live.com link looks a lot like google, what's wrong with using that?

If your desperate, i think you could try using that google backwards site.. still just as good except the wrong way round