Thread: 123-reg.co.uk

123-reg.co.uk

Has anybody any experience with this company? They appears to offer a decent service for a reasonable price. Just want to make sure there are no horror stories before going with them.

I hosted with them about 5-6 years ago for their basic package dont recall having any major problems speed wasnt the greatest at times but i'd imagine over the years thats improved

Well, I won one of there Free Domain Names - they charged my card they have on file 2 weeks ago and still haven't responded to my request for my money back.

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth
    Well, I won one of there Free Domain Names - they charged my card they have on file 2 weeks ago and still haven't responded to my request for my money back.
    Sorry to hear about that, I'm sure they will refund you as it's only one domain registration and that shouldn't be any problem for them

Keep us updated.
    Cheers
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

I use them as my registrar for uk domains & they have always been pretty good & easy to configure. Never used them for hosting.

Funny, I hear nothing for two weeks and within hours of this post an email arrives telling me a refund has been processed

I sent them an email about a customers domain about 3 or 4 weeks ago, never had a reply from them. Email was sent from within one of our 123-reg accounts (We have a couple left over from when we've taken over other hosting companies). Can't say I'm impressed with them.
    Karl Austin :: KDA Web Services Ltd.
    UK Business Hosting and Managed Servers - Hosting for Business Users :: 0800 5429 764
    Call us today and ask about our hosting solutions.

I registered 2 sites with them and have had similar support response problems. It sounds like they have their support inbox bombed out and no staff!

I have sent, I think, 3 emails over the last couple of weeks and have not had a single response. The email forwarding is not working for some reason and I wanted to find out if I actually had FTP access...

Note also that the free hosting package that they offer only allows you to build a site using their templates and it will also stick an advert on your web page

The other host I have been using it supannames and they seem to be pretty responsive for questions and the like.