Thread: CSSGlossary.com

CSSGlossary.com

Hey guys, just finished up my CSS Glossary. I could really use some advice as far as colors, fonts, etc..

I could also use some advice on the size and types of ads I'm using. If you're knowledgable of CSS, feel free to contribute.

Hi, there, this looks like its going to be a very useful site. However, I am using apple and your site seems to scroll across. Thought you might like to know that :-)
    Youzo.co.uk
    http://www.youzo.co.uk
    Funky gifts, gadgets, clothing and homeware for him, for her, for the kids, for lovers, for the kids and for everything else!

Also, the frontpage is not currently Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional.
    Youzo.co.uk
    http://www.youzo.co.uk
    Funky gifts, gadgets, clothing and homeware for him, for her, for the kids, for lovers, for the kids and for everything else!

Thank you for noting that. I'm going to test it on some mac browsers right now.

Also, I've taken the ads down. I have the site up for review at numerous sites, and everyone said I just wanted it reviewed so I can get ad impressions... so I've taken them down for now. I need reviews.

The page is now XHTML transitional, thanks for letting me know! Forgot to validate it before the review

Like it very much , bookmarked it.

Edit: The 'Printable Version' does not work for me

Quote Originally Posted by YBHosting
    Like it very much , bookmarked it.

Edit: The 'Printable Version' does not work for me
    Thank you, I'm looking into it now.

I've been working on a clients site for the past week or so, and finally have a few hours to work on a couple of my sites right now. I'm so excited to have a few reviews to go off of

Please keep them coming, and I would love to see you register or contribute!

I think its going to be a useful site.

Simple. Informative. Well layout. Pleasant design.

My kind of site. Good work so far.

Wow. Nicly done. I like this and I can see myself using it. Thanks for taking the time to do this. I recommend keeping it ad free, and on a fast host and keep a simple design for the best effect!

Great info - easy to get to and read. I would possibly work on your color combo some or at the very least - the logo's color as it tends to fade away in the header - especially on my laptop that seems to be so bright that light colors disappear. (not sure why - its a Dell - if that explains it)

I like the layout of the site alot. You just need more content of course, and each entry should show real examples (either screenshots or with actual CSS) of the different property values. Also, clicking a property should show only that property. For example, clicking "border-width" should show only border-width, not the page for all border properties. This makes it cleaner. But that page should have a link to the Border category, a Back link, and perhaps prev/next links.

Examples are the most important thing though. W3.org is an excellent resource for CSS, but it lacks examples. It's meant to be viewable by anything so its attempts at examples are actually just ASCII art and they look ridiculous.

Clean and easy to understand! Great job!

nice website. will be a lot of use for me Have bookmarked it !!
    Logo Design Team - Custom Logo Design for an affordable $149 Only.

Holiday Logo Design - Don't envy Google and its fun logos! Now, have your own set of exclusive holiday logos.

Wow, nice website! It's in my bookmarks. Maybe you could add some Articles? For example like on evolt.org or alistapart.com, those are my 2 favorite sites they have killer web design articles.

toooo much info on the index page! It needs to be better organized!

Quote Originally Posted by jmweb
    toooo much info on the index page! It needs to be better organized!
    I disagree; for a website developer, having that information neatly laid out right from the start is a godsend.