Angry Blocking someone from a vbulletin board

I have a vbulletin board that I run for a gaming community. I have one user who has caused nothing but trouble, however everytime I try to ban him using his IP he just reregisters after changeing it.

Is there any other way to block a PC besides IP?

The short answer is you can't block someone who really wants to get on. Your choices are either

a) manually verify each user

b) block a varients of his username

c) block his IP

d) a mixture of all of them
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

I posted wrong, what I was meaning to ask was how do I block him totally from the site (board) I dont even want him to be able to access anything on the server. I keep banning his IPs but he just changes them. I want to totally cut his access off. Can you block someone by their MAC address? Is a MAC address even visible to a server to block...?

From the above link you can install the Vspam scan this will help you to block IP for the forums

Thank you.

Teh Interweb
    If running any version of Linux, you can use the following iptables command to block by MAC address:

iptables -A INPUT --mac-source 00:00:00:00:00:00 -j DROP

[[email protected]] ~ $ cat .signature
    cat: .signature: No such file or directory

are his IPs of the same ISP and IP range? if so just block his range.. if hes using proxies theres nothing you can do..

First check if the server is under SYN attack. If it is DDOS attack then it is always better to contact the datacenter and clear the attack ny fixing a hardware firewall for your server.

Thank you.