Thumbs up A Small Orange review — They're great!

I've been with A Small Orange for a year now, and I'm very satisfied with them. My site is http://tidshjulet.net — a small site that has an active phpBB forum. My package is “Small”, with 10 GB transfer and 400 MB storage.

Support: Support is great, simple queries get answered in < 10 minutes, and now they offer live support, which they didn't when I signed up. More complex issues that needs to be bumped to a higher level tech. takes a bit more time, but I have suspicions that it has to do with me living in Norway, and contacting them in the middle of the night. When they first respond, it goes fast from there.

All my issues have been fixed, except for one. The stats packages on my account report too little traffic transferred, they've looked into it extensively, but no success. As I'm the only one that has reported this problem on the server, it's not a problem for me that it haven't been fixed. It just a little problem, though it would have been nice to know exactly how much traffic the various pages are generating.

Servers: The servers are fast! I've never experienced slowdowns, and they respond fast, which is important when you access the site from another continent. My ping is 135 ms, but luckily it isn't an issue. I don't run any uptime monitors, but it was some downtime occasionally, especially in the start. Never anything serious, and it was back up fast. It's always been 99,9%+, and in the last six months, I haven't noticed anything at all.

Features: A lot of them, one reason I chose ASO was because they supported a lot of languages, so I had the option to start using new ones. I haven't done that, but it's always nice to know I can.

Value for money: Great! 5$ for 10 GB and 400 MB is the perfect package for me, plenty of space and I've yet to exceed my bandwidth. With the good support and servers, it will take a lot for me to change provider. As a matter of fact, I just changed from monthly to quarterly payment.

Feel free to ask any questions!

ASO is great. I use them for a very small site that doesn't warrant a dedicated server, and they deliver exactly as promised.

Thanks for the review!

I wish you only the best of luck from now on...
    I've been using HostGator for 38 months.. and it's been awesome.
    Get The Maximum HostGator Discount With These HostGator Coupons!

Just want to check in to update my review.

I'm still hosted with them, and run two sites on it now (roadtrip09.com as well).

I haven't monitored the uptime closely, but there are no complaints in the last year in the server issue forum for the server I'm on.

Couldn't be more happy

An unforgettable name

It's nice of you to come back and update the post. I'm sure ASO is grateful.
    Bobby - PreciselyManaged.com - Precision Hosting Solutions
    █ Enterprise Shared, Reseller, VPS, Hybrid, and Dedicated Hosting
    █ SpamExperts | CloudLinux | cPanel | Bacula + R1soft | and more!
    █ Full proactively managed, and we specialize in hosting small web hosts

Thanks for the update from Dec 06 to now. Kudos to ASO.
    ProlimeHost- Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On Site Engineers

I want to add that a little over a year ago, the drive failed, but they restored it from the backup. I didn't actually notice it (Searched it up now )

It is nice to see regular updates on review threads. Thanks for keeping us updated.

It's very nice of you to come back 2+ years later to confirm that things are still going well at ASO for you! Thank you!
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Quote Originally Posted by UH-Bobby View Post
    It's nice of you to come back and update the post. I'm sure ASO is grateful.
    Thank you! Great to get updates and hear that it's been going well for the last 2-3 years now!
    HostGator.com - A worldwide leader in Shared, Reseller, VPS and Dedicated Server Hosting.