hosting company names

yes yes i know people will obviously say their name is good and cool i will tell me guys what hosting company names you like?

i like:

<<signature to be setup in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 12-19-2006 at 10:53 AM.

I have seen balabolo. I don't know what does it mean but sounds interesting.

I like domains that dont contain the word "Hosting" inside it.
    Ones I like:
    Wirenine
    iFuse
    Softlayer
    Rackspace
    etc...

Agreed with dale,
    OrangeFiber
    BeachComber
    JaguarPC
    ThePlanet

etc...
    DigiPun.ch
    An Awesome Digital Punch Clock
    Release date: October 1st

I prefer domain names with the word hosting in it.

I think that domain names should describe what the web site is.

Mostly any name with the work "rack" in it, for some reason (I believe) makes a company sound professional. For example, Rackspace and Racksurge.

I like ones that are either:
    Creative/Random : JewlzK
    or Funky: asmallorange

Something that's not the usual stuff..
    Rackspace just makes it sound professional..but for some reason to profesional.

www.wattproxy.info

I'd recommend a 'short'ish name..
    being InfoSecureHosting (long history behind that name)
    its a massive pain getting graphics made for it the way I want them lol

Smile

I'll probably never get into the serious hosting business but I like my fishinghost.com for my reseller account. Especially since most sites that I host and maintain are fishing related.
    Everyone is entitled to MY opinion.
    CatfishEd.com

Don't always judge a host by its name either. Some names can have multiple meanings

I have a weird attractions to ones that have the letters V or sometimes Z.... I think they have trendy flavor..... Like Verizon (phone company in the USA)
    or something like ITVision.
    Mine does not have that though
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAN, or even across the internet - Many customer call it RSync for Windows

yea i like RackSpace really cool...

Quote Originally Posted by Techpresence
    Mostly any name with the work "rack" in it, for some reason (I believe) makes a company sound professional. For example, Rackspace and Racksurge.
    BigRack?
    Sarcasm, the 6th Ponyman of the Apocalypse.
    Please do not inquire about Tim, the 5th Ponyman.

I like that "ackoo" hosting company. Cool name.

i hate my hosting company name
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

There's not too many hosting brands that I like, for the name sake. I don't like names with "host" or "hosting" in them. It's a bit overdone IMO. Of course, that would exclude host.com webhosting.com, webhost.com and hosting.com. They're in a league of their own, as far as name value etc.

I like the one word brands, that are damn near impossible to misspell, if you hear the name, and yet they have an internet flavour about them.
    Last edited by Aussie Bob; 12-20-2006 at 01:49 AM.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

What is it?

lol @ Lauren Stephans

yea i agree aussie Bob, an old friend of mine had host-nation and still does hes trying to sell it anyway its got the hyphen in it which is annoying saying it lol

"host" "hyphan" "nation" "dot" "net" lol

I was wondering about this too a while ago. I'm one that likes to register a catchy domain right away if I think of it and its available .. even if I don't have any use in mind for it.

Was looking at webhosting.info a week or so ago and noticed there's over 20k hosts in the US alone being reported.

I think the possible permutations of short , easy to remember names are running thin.. so I try not to judge a company by their domain. More than 10 letters, unless its a very simple variance of a common word and I'm likely to skip it.. I'd never remember how to get back to the site and my bookmarks are already overflowing.

A linguist friend of mine informed me that words starting with vowels are always easier to remember and hence a little more "pleasing", I tend to agree with him.

I go by (mostly) how much thought and effort went into the companie's site itself, not so much the domain. I also try to avoid companies who cater more to Google than humans with their content. A little obvious SEO is ok, too much is a major annoyance, that-holds-true-in-domains-that-look-like-this .

You can't really fault hosts for having a similar name either (aside just adding a hyphen to it and cloning someone else's offerings), there are just only so many left to register unless you want to pay thousands on sedo to buy one.

I think if you want to impress people you should give free trials and let your service / uptime do the rest of the talking.

No domain name in the world makes up for bad service

Best,
    -Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tinkertim
    . . . You can't really fault hosts for having a similar name either (aside just adding a hyphen to it and cloning someone else's offerings),
    That's a bad practice, in taking a domain and buying the hyfened version. You'll just lose traffic up to the non hyfenated brand.
    there are just only so many left to register unless you want to pay thousands on sedo to buy one.
    And they're still mostly 99.9% junk domains, not worth a cracker.
    I think if you want to impress people you should give free trials . . .
    That will open a floodgate for spammers and scammers. Not a good idea, imo.
    No domain name in the world makes up for bad service
    That's spot on.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

I like -

netlogistics
    rackspace
    shockhosts
    speedyhosts

aussie bob's is cool too - dotable
    Your reading skill has increased by one point!
    computers are cool now OK!

this company aint really good but i like their name but hate their logo lol but SmartHost i like the name alot, anyway quick question, do customers want to get more interactive with webhosts? as i would prefer to have everything automated i dont like to talk to someone about purchasing hosting i rather have pay with cc than get the email with details but hey thats me... what are your thoughts...