Seeking Postini License

Hi there -

I'm seeking a Postini license that will allow me to offer Postini on a per-domain basis (versus per-email address) for a small web hosting business.

If anybody can either point me in the right direction, or is selling this, please get in touch.

Thanks.

Mike

I would contact postini, as to my understanding its all outsourced no licensing really, but i could be wrong.

i was hoping to find somebody with first-hand experience dealing with postini - or a postini reseller for more details.

i'm also interested in knowing how postini really stacks up against competing products/services - it had come highly recommended to me, but this is by one individual in the business, and by some things i've read. however, there are lots of competing services and i'm hoping that somewhere out there is a good evaluation that compared the various services.

We have used Postini for the past couple of years. Without comparing it to the current software/appliance solutions out there today I cannot give a comparison per se. But I can say it does work well, and has many features such as built in anti-virus that works quite well.

Setup is very easy, and adding user accounts is also a breeze. It has multiple spam levels that can be set from low to high to block spam accordingly, and administration is completely web based, so you can access it anywhere.

We carry our Postini through a third party service contract. I have provide the link below. I also highly recommend this company as we have dealt with them many times in the past and present for many different services.

http://www.networksunlimited.com
    www.tcadmin.com
    The Game Hosting Control Panel

Thanks for the feedback and reseller referral. I don't see any details of your own Postini customer offering on your website, and I'm particularly wondering how it can be offered cost-efficiently to customers with multiple mailboxes. It is my understanding that the cost is about $1/mailbox and that forwarders, and catch-all mail will count as individual mailboxes as well, if they are setup for filtering.

Is this pretty accurate?

Is there a way to get cost-efficient domain-level filtering?

Thanks.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the confusion. I forgot the link to my online business in my signature.

I use Postini daily at my regular 9-5 job as an IT Manager.

The cost if I recall offhand is about $2.00 per mailbox. That include any email address that you enter into the system. If you setup catchalls and forwarders within your Postini, then yes they will be charged for them. However, forwarders can simply be passed through to the end user email accounts and can then be protected there instead.

Postini allows for multiple domains under the same account. Currently we have 5 domains all being protected by Postini for our different company locations.

I would strongly suggest giving Networks Unlimited a call to discuss pricing, setup etc... They will be able to give you the answers that you are looking for. It sounds like you are more into this for reselling to your clients, rather than simply using it for protection as we do.
    www.tcadmin.com
    The Game Hosting Control Panel

I've used opendoors.com for Postini service in the past and have always gotten great pricing and service from them.

Ryan