need cheap domain

Hello,
    in which site i can register domain with cheap price?

namecheap.com
    Also check this site for coupons: http://coupon.sc/
    NuPixel - Custom Web Design & Graphics
    Extraordinary, Not Ordinary
    Web & Graphic Design, HTML, XHTML, CSS, Script Customization & Integration + More!
    Click Today! --> NuPixelStudios.com

1and1.com or godaddy.com are the cheapest places to get domain names.
    Host In Us Web Hosting Services | www.hostinus.com
    Premium Enterprise Shared Web Hosting
    Less than 80 Customers per server!
    Try us out! We want to earn your business.

The top three registrars i use for domain registration.

1. GoDaddy from $8.95
    2. WelcomeOnLine.net from $7.85
    3. NameCheap $8.88

and some I don't use, but like.

4. DomainSite from $6.99
    5. Moniker from $18.99
    6. Fabulous from $6.75
    7. Enom from $29.95
    8. 1&1 from $5.99
    Web Hosting by Brontobytes

I suggest Domainsite.com
    They're cheap and not serious problems so far
    Support is not lighting fast but exist

If you get a lot of domains at once may trigger a red alert for verification but once they understand you're reliable customer you don't have to worry about this anymore

We've got about 300 names there
    --- ZARDEN.com : Buy and Market Domain Names ---

If you are looking for domain name - I think that you will be loking for hosting. I think that you have to buy hosting from a company which will give you domain name as a discount.

Quote Originally Posted by dumpster
    If you are looking for domain name - I think that you will be loking for hosting. I think that you have to buy hosting from a company which will give you domain name as a discount.
    You dont have to buy the domain name from your web hosting company.

Most would suggest to not register the domain name with your web hosting company - that way if you switch web hosting companies you have the assurance that your domain name is safe and secure with a third party.

For a few bucks you will risk your domain which is far more valuable than your web hosting account

If you have problems with your host provider you will loose both hosting account and name

I agree with HIU-Jay
    --- ZARDEN.com : Buy and Market Domain Names ---

But the webhosting companies are domain name resellers as far as I know. Why not?

But the webhosting companies are domain name resellers as far as I know. Why not?
    That is true, but the web hosting companies still have quite control over the domain name.

Here's a true example:

1. I wanted to transfer a domain name of mine away from a web hosting company that I was using for testing purposes.

2. I initiated the transfer with Go Daddy and put in the confirmation codes that were sent to me in an automated email by godaddy.

3. Go Daddy then requested an authorization code. They said I could find it at my current registrar - most propably in their CP. So I logged into the billing control panel at the current webhost - there was no authorization code to be found.

4. I then submitted a ticket and sales at this web hosting comapny had to manually get an authorization code for me.

This web hosting company is extremly reliable and are ethical people, but lets say you were dealing with a company that was not so ethical and did not want you to transfer the domain name away from them. They could have easily refused to give you the authorization code or could have delayed their response to you. At this point you would have had to fill out a lot of annoying forms at ICANN to sort the problem out - which could take days.

Bottom line is: If you really want security, keep your domain names seperate.
    Last edited by HIU-Jay; 12-19-2006 at 11:52 AM.

I prefer to register my domains outside my hosting providers. Don't like to have all the eggs in the same basket.
    For domains I mainly use Namecheap or Godaddy, when they have good coupons. The best for now is:

$5.99 .COM domains!
    Promo code: gdh1219b
    These savings end December 31, 2006

The email they sent me had this:
    Danica Patrick's already taking over IndyCar racing. And now she's helping us further our lead in the domain name industry! These savings end December 31, 2006, so order online at GoDaddy.com(R) or call 1-480-505-8821 today! Simply enter source code gdh1219b in your shopping cart, or mention the code when you call.
    I have lots of coupons, for almost all companies. If you need any, just PM me.
    Around two decades of web marketing experience & millions of visitors.
    NunoAlex.com explains my expertise & how I can help you.
    Contact me!

Quote Originally Posted by nimonogi
    5. Moniker from $18.99
    They have reduced their pricing to $9.95:

http://www.moniker.com/wholesale/index.jsp
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

If you find Monte Cahn (Moniker's CEO) on any forum, maybe he can make a special deal if you have lots of domains (and want to transfer them). In the past I've seen this.
    Around two decades of web marketing experience & millions of visitors.
    NunoAlex.com explains my expertise & how I can help you.
    Contact me!

I used crucialwebhost.com $5.99 to register a domain with no strings. They can also host if needed and support has been very good.....

Quote Originally Posted by Malainse001 View Post
    I used crucialwebhost.com $5.99 to register a domain with no strings. They can also host if needed and support has been very good.....
    you never know what strings are until you decide to leave

This is a common opinion and I totally agree that registering domains through a host is always risky
    less is more

.co.cc is 3.00 that's pretty cheap there
    Mrgeekchris.com ~ It's not just a job It's a passion
    "Mistakes are proof that you are trying"

I have a registration with namecheap.com and i am happy with it. So I am suggesting you that website. But still for your satisfaction you can go through search on internet about more sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakehost-Chris View Post
    .co.cc is 3.00 that's pretty cheap there
    But co.cc domains usually don't have a good reputation as they are also available for free.

For personal websites it's okay to use a co.cc domain but for any business related and/or important website I would register a real TLD or ccTLD.

Tom Tomson
    IP.MN - the fast and easy way to check your IP Number

I suppose when you are chosing your domain name extension you need to think over other people your potential visitors which will need to remember your web site. So choosing your domain name make sure that domain name is memorable one and have COM extension (recommended). The price is nothing.
    I suppose $10 per year is not a fortune.