Too many processes for a little server??

Hi I have a Linux 9.0 dedicated server (Yes, it's old!!) with about 10 sites on there, three sites using MySQL databases while others are just normal html sites. I tried using the "top" command via SSH to see the processes and it's about 80 processes. Just wondering if this is good or bad?? How can I use the top command to see all the processes, it's only showing around 20 processes.

Here is a capture in the attachment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled-1.jpg  

Regina, Saskatchewan, CA
    /bin/ps is your friend: ps -waux
    Bill - Support Analyst - Liveblock Auctions International

Kingston, Ontario
    Do you currently have anyone managing that system? If you're using Red Hat 9 without any manual patches your open to some major exploits and I would advise an upgrade to CentOS or Red Hat Enterprise right away.
    Upload Guardian 2 - Malicious Upload Scanner - Windows and Linux!
    Instantly scan uploaded files
    Get notified when released

That's just the basic management proccesses from what looks like a The Planet server... I wouldn't worry abouy your proccesses at all, as long as your load isn't all that high, just leave them runing... I have 115 proccesses running on my server without any problems...
    || Semi-professional PHP developer || Exams right now, don't I just feel lucky? ||

Maine, USA
    The server appears to have enough memory and isn't using the swap much. The load also looks good. I'd say you are fine on that regard.

Hmm, there are quite a few processes running that don't need to be if you aren't running x windows on it, like rpc, nfs (unless you are connected to another server via nfs), xfs, etc. I'd hire a security/server management company or read into how to better secure your server.

Unless you have some reason to be using Redhat 9.0, I'd seriously consider upgrading to Centos or RHEL.