Remote hands in Gnax Atlanta?

I am from brazil and I have about 25 servers in Gnax.. i work with colocation. They ask for $40/15min of remote hands. I spend about $400 each month only with it. Is there another way to do that? Are there any company that can help me doing that? How do you guys (that have colos, and dont live in the same city as the DC) do?

Thanks,
    m1k3

You could hire someone local to GNAX to take care of remote hands for you, I know there are quite a few people on this board, including WireSix, who are based in Atlanta.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

You could try ServerSupportGuys.com, I don't know if they do anything near GNAX, Atlanta.

what you need is kvm over ip, apc remote rebooter and quality hardware.
    P4HOST.COM -- Specialize in quality Web Hosting solutions.
    Affordable -- Prices are very comparative
    Reliable -- Very low load average guaranteed. 60 day money back. Fast Support --Support Forum -- Providing hosting since 2003

Quote Originally Posted by inteltechs
    I couldn't agree more, however remote hands is still extremely helpful (and even more so if it is at a good rate) in the case of hardware failure, etc...which will happen no matter how high 'quality' your hardware is.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Quote Originally Posted by m1k3
    I am from brazil and I have about 25 servers in Gnax.. i work with colocation. They ask for $40/15min of remote hands. I spend about $400 each month only with it. Is there another way to do that? Are there any company that can help me doing that? How do you guys (that have colos, and dont live in the same city as the DC) do?

Thanks,
    m1k3

We aren't in the facility enough to do anything like that for you but you can contact SiteSouth or JaguarPC as they both have people in the facility the majority of the time.

m1k3,

As mentioned above, try contacting SiteSouth they are currently providing competent remote-hands services to not only their own customers, but also to several other providers. I am not sure if JaguarPC would be willing to help you, but SiteSouth is definitely a viable option.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by inteltechs
    The problem with all this, is labeling things
    I finally got after a year all our remote reboot, KVM, switch ports and all labeled right. I think everyone should label and have everything in a DB before they start using stuff
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated | Virtual Premium Servers
    Server Locations in: Dallas | Los Angeles | Singapore | Amsterdam

On a per server basis, how often does a server need 'remote hands' per month and for how long in each occasion?

Also what types of tasks are done?

I suppose replaceing a hard drive or rebooting are some. But how often does a powers supply or fan fail?

If you use quality hardware, things shouldn't fail often at all.

Eve done right, things fail.
    SiteSouth
    Atlanta, GA and Las Vegas, NV. Colocation

Some colo centers offer some remote hands for free.

Otherwise you could look into a remote reboot strip, kvm/ip and a nice managed switch. With this setup you can do anything that you want from Brazil other than hardware changes.
    Linn Boyd