SEO Enhanced companies, fact or FUD?

Hello to all,

I'm looking to try some SEO / Affilaite based sites. I know these things aren't going to make me rich overnight, however I also have a limited amount of time to put into it.

My goal, many useful (to the public) sites that make me just a little bit each month.. combined they end up paying a bill for me. Anything above and beyond that is great. My idea is to make sites that help cut down on search times and give niche markets a nice resource .. and make a few bucks.

I found some hosts who are offering 'the works', through some research and digging I've really narrowed the list.

One host I found is offering many VPS's broken up into small chunks. Each VPS gets a bunch of separate non contiguos IP's, some scripts to help me build affiliate sites , market data .. but is lax on offerings to help me change as the search engines do.

Another one is offering that, plus consulting, and hardware I know is going to support some heavy traffic if I'm successful, but they are quite a bit more expensive than the other guys.

I want to be sure I get what I pay for. The only thing I can't really tack a price on is the geek end, hardware and platform .. consulting and SEO services, I just don't know what they're worth.

Could folks who have some more experience in this give an indication of what is a good price for optimizing and helping market a youtube.com / myspace.com type of site?

Again, I'm not lookin to make a killing ... but I'd like to start up a few consistent money makers that give me some more predictable monthly income.

Any suggestions for an all in one provider? I'm looking to pay, tell them the niche markets I'm interested in doing business with .. and let them handle (most of) the rest.

Thanks in advance!

SEO really goes along with good design, its not a hosting issue. Any company that specializes in hosting is not likely to be as qualified to offer SEO as a firm that specializes in SEO. They are two completely different things.
    eVerity.com
    Celebrating 9 years of customer service. Domain names, shared/semi-dedicated/dedicated hosting, SSL certificates, merchant accounts, reseller options, and referral program, since July 2000.

I think that SEO depends on webhosting's uptime. That's my IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by everity
    SEO really goes along with good design, its not a hosting issue. Any company that specializes in hosting is not likely to be as qualified to offer SEO as a firm that specializes in SEO. They are two completely different things.
    There are companies that give you some tools that others do not, such as many non contiguous IP's over a few class C blocks (usually randomly pulled out of a /20 or /22) , they start you off with quite a bit of forward links from existing and established sites that they own, provide you with some nice scripts that help you draw in products from affiliate feeds to market , etc.

Others include modified versions of Joomla / Blogs / etc with more SE friendly URL's.

And, finally some even include different levels of SEO (which I don't really need, I do everything in xhtml and make proper use of all of my tags).

Others have nice content feeds that you can use that aren't creative commons, but licensed just for their customers.

While I agree the actual "hosting" of the site has little to do with it, there are companies that provide an entire package .. hosting included.

I stand corrected. I guess modified versions of Joomla / Blogs /etc would indeed be a benefit that a host could offer, as would IP's over different C blocks. I think most hosts would offer the latter upon request, but making an SEO package with all the above would be a good selling point.
    eVerity.com
    Celebrating 9 years of customer service. Domain names, shared/semi-dedicated/dedicated hosting, SSL certificates, merchant accounts, reseller options, and referral program, since July 2000.