Recomment me a webhost

Every forum/website articles I read to I always get the "you get what you pay for", "quality/quantity" advises that they give to new people at webhosting like me. I get the idea. I've spent the past 2 weeks researching on this stuff extensively, Trying to figure out the best softwares and webhosting

I came up with the following solution for my softwares:

1. CMS Joomla
    2. Forum phpBB
    3. Blog Wordpress

Now my problem lies on the web hosting companies. I searched google for the best web hosting and I ended up with Host Gator and IxWeb Hosting. The problem is that they are OVERPRICING retailers that basically means that I won't be able to fully use what I get.

I'm looking for quality than quantity, I've decided. I'm planning to start off with $10 / mo maximum for a good web hosting deal. I'm going to set up a website and a forum. I shouldn't be getting more than 50 - 100 hits each day for probably the first year.

I've heard alot of good stuff about A Small Orange web hosting company. Should I stick with them or are there any competitors with the quality and price with better quantity?

Thanks.

I say go with Host Gator. It does appear that they oversell, but it is unlikely that you will need to use all of the resources they offer anyway. There is nothing wrong with going with an oversold host as long as you know what you are doing. Their support is excellent as well, and they support mod_rewrite, which will benefit your phpbb forum if you choose to optimize it for search engines.

I recommend you to go with Warp-factor. Their server load is top notch, support team friendly. They are actually not overselling their resources wich is better I think. They have nice offers, they were my first webhost and I hope it'll help you.

Best regards

What does
    Dedicated IP Addresses for SSL Sites
    mean/do?

I'm not an expert in this field, but I guess when you need a SSL certificate, your suppose to have separate Ips for each.

It's a good decision you have made not to go with an overselling company. I would highly recommend doing a search on www.hostsearch.com for 4-5 web hosting companies within your budget/requirements.

- Do a search on each one of those web hosting companies here on WHT for reviews.
    - Contact them with pre-sales question, a few technical support questions to see what the response time is for each company.
    - Do not sign up for 2-3 years in advance, try the web host for at least 30 days before signing any sort of contract.

Be sure to share your experience with your new web hosting provider here to help others just like yourself find the right web hosting provider

I see. What do you suggest? There are 147 pages on my search on $5-$20 on webhosting. There is no way I'm going to skim through those.

Quote Originally Posted by akasixcon
    I see. What do you suggest? There are 147 pages on my search on $5-$20 on webhosting. There is no way I'm going to skim through those.
    You may want to take a look at this site:

http://whreviews.com

The owner is a frequent poster here at WHT.
    I've been using HostGator for 38 months.. and it's been awesome.
    Get The Maximum HostGator Discount With These HostGator Coupons!

Every forum/website articles I read to I always get the "you get what you pay for", "quality/quantity" advises that they give to new people at webhosting like me. I get the idea. I've spent the past 2 weeks researching on this stuff extensively, Trying to figure out the best softwares and webhosting

I came up with the following solution for my softwares:

1. CMS Joomla
    2. Forum phpBB
    3. Blog Wordpress

Now my problem lies on the web hosting companies. I searched google for the best web hosting and I ended up with Host Gator and IxWeb Hosting. The problem is that they are OVERPRICING retailers that basically means that I won't be able to fully use what I get.

I'm looking for quality than quantity, I've decided. I'm planning to start off with $10 / mo maximum for a good web hosting deal. I'm going to set up a website and a forum. I shouldn't be getting more than 50 - 100 hits each day for probably the first year.

I've heard alot of good stuff about A Small Orange web hosting company. Should I stick with them or are there any competitors with the quality and price with better quantity?

Thanks.
    The features you mentioned are common of that of Fantastico - so if you're trying to shortlist, try looking for people who support Fantastico out of your search?

Overselling has become VERY common now, to try and gain your business even though you'll most likely never use more than what the well established and quality providors offer. It's a sales gimmick.

Good luck on your search!
    Matthew - Burton Hosting
    low cost shared, reseller, VPS & dedicated solutions for over five years - we've got what you need.
    http://www.burtonhosting.com
    http://www.getmesupport.com - server monitoring service for all!

I would suggest taking a look at the offers section and see what providers you come up with. You can get a solid list together and search for reviews on them based on the company by running a search here on WHT or even as mentioned before. Take a look at http://www.whreivews.com and even try to google it.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

I'd say that ASO has a good reputation, and so does HostGator (I'm using them myself).
    I would avoid IX web hosting, judging from what I've seen about them.
    Web Hosting Reviews — based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

I've headr bad things about host gator too.

Hostgator is a big company. There are tons and tons of customers. When you are that big you can not satisfy every single customer. With that being said you should see all the good reviews about them. Pretty impressive if you ask me considering upset customers are more likely to post their experience then happy ones.

Wouldn't host gator be considered an "overseller" like ixwebhosting? They offer almost all the same prices just $5 more. Anyway I'm not slapping Host Gator on the cheek.

I just haven't read any bad reviews about A Small Orange. Does Host Gator offer a month-to-month basis on payment or do you have to pay in advance for the full year (or 2) ?

From what I know they offer month to month.

Pick 4-5 which best suit your needs. You do not have to browse through all those pages.

Wouldn't host gator be considered an "overseller" like ixwebhosting?
    Overselling is not necessarily a bad practice, is just another business model, you shouldn't be scared for all this people who repeat as parrots that overselling is bad, they just offer a different business model and want to discredit to the people doing it in another way. IF ixwebhosting is a bad host, may it be for another reason, not just because they oversell.

I just haven't read any bad reviews about A Small Orange. Does Host Gator offer a month-to-month basis on payment or do you have to pay in advance for the full year (or 2) ?
    If I'm not wrong, ASO have 1/3 of the customers base that HG have.
    You can pay on monthly basis at HG, indeed, I think that they encourage you to do it in that way.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Today, there is several hundreds and thousands WebHosting providers able to fill your needs in business. They are almost all offering popular control panels such as cPanel, Plesk or Direct Admin and they are also afterward located in big datacenters in Texas or California wich are alot less expansive than little datacenters you would ever create.

In business, companies are not willing to pay much for starting their existance although there is multinationals who will.

You can trust almost any companies except for those who are overselling their products, my opinion.

I see. I just want to start off with the cheapest and reliable host at around $5. Building up my members slowly and be able to switch webhost (or stay if the webhost is good enough) transitionally. Currently ASO is the best deal I've seen, considering its reliability plus $0.50 a gb bandwidth.

Currently ASO is the best deal I've seen, considering its reliability plus $0.50 a gb bandwidth.

If I were you I would drop ASO a few pre-sales questions before signing up.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

Like what should I be asking?

Quote Originally Posted by BurtonHost
    The features you mentioned are common of that of Fantastico - so if you're trying to shortlist, try looking for people who support Fantastico out of your search?

Overselling has become VERY common now, to try and gain your business even though you'll most likely never use more than what the well established and quality providors offer. It's a sales gimmick.

Good luck on your search!
    Don't forget Installatron for 1 click easy installation of all those apps.

Installatron is similar to Fantastico, Fantastico is just for cpanel, installatron is available for all web control panels Direct Admin, Plesk & Cpanel
    OnePoundWebHosting
    UK Shared & Reseller HostingDomain Registration
    UK XEN VPSPV & HVM
    99.9% Uptime GuaranteeUK Ltd Company, Established 2006

Before settling on my current host, I did a ton of research. I finally settled on realwebhost.net and, so far, couldn't be happier. The prices are reasonable, and their customer service is really quick!
    They are definetly worth looking into.