www run ASP.NET and subdomain run PHP

Hi,
    You may need to drop by this tis thread to have an idea:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...79#post4269279

My question guys, How possible to run ASP.NET 2.0 on www root and run PHP site on sub domain using Windows server? How do I setup the domain and sub domain? do I have to identify DNS for www root and another one for sub domain? etc..

Thanks,

That's very possible (and quite easily so) if PHP and .NET 2.0 are installed on the server.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Quote Originally Posted by mripguru
    That's very possible (and quite easily so) if PHP and .NET 2.0 are installed on the server.
    Yes mripguru I agree. But the real question how to do this of the www root on Windows server and the subdomain on Linux server?

Thanks,

Why do you want 2 different servers? A windows server will be able to run both PHP and ASP.NET, so there is no need for 2 servers. Looks like this was suggested in that other thread, but just trying to clarify.
    3RROR.COM Web Hosting
    Hosting to Dedicated Servers
    Providing Personal and Small Business Website Hosting since 2003

Quote Originally Posted by -3RROR-
    Why do you want 2 different servers? A windows server will be able to run both PHP and ASP.NET, so there is no need for 2 servers. Looks like this was suggested in that other thread, but just trying to clarify.

Thank you for your fast response. In fact, I am tryig to study all the possible solutions. However, in my area Linus server and CPanel is popular and requested more than Windows servers. In addition, there will be Linux server dedicated for running heavy forums and I don't want it to affect ASP.NET applications.

I hope you get my idea now.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by HAAAK
    But the real question how to do this of the www root on Windows server and the subdomain on Linux server?
    On the Windows server you setup the full domain, on the Linux server you setup only a subdomain. You then edit the DNS zone so that the @ and www records point to the Windows server and the subdomain record points to the Linux server.

There really is nothing complicated about this, it's all straight forward.

If you want to have two different servers then it shouldn't be a problem. In DNS set the A record for www to the ip address of your windows servers and the record for the subdomain to the ip address of your linux server.

Thank you guys.. I will try that.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by HAAAK
    Thank you for your fast response. In fact, I am tryig to study all the possible solutions. However, in my area Linus server and CPanel is popular and requested more than Windows servers. In addition, there will be Linux server dedicated for running heavy forums and I don't want it to affect ASP.NET applications.

I hope you get my idea now.

Regards,
    If you want both a Linux and a Windows server look into an HSPHERE control panel.