High Performance Application Hosting *50% OFF* *NO OVERSELLING*

The MediaLayer Difference

Beyond the basic mechanics and cabling jargon that serve as the network infrastructure of MediaLayer, you will find professional - trained associates that are eager to jump in and serve you. The ideology is to provide not only the necessary resources needed to power your web site(s), but to serve as a second set of hands to help make your business thrive.

MediaLayer believes in maintaining a comfortable learning and development atmosphere for our customers. Our services are open to all types of people. Novice users are welcomed as we (our staff) go above and beyond to not only host your site, but help you utilize your hosting account to it's fullest. For the intermediate and expert developers, you can rely on our expertise in the business to provide a stable platform to build your website on. We are constantly researching and releasing new web technologies, for example Web 2.0 support. In addition to high performance web hosting services, MediaLayer also offers affordable, standards compliant web development.

Server Specifications

# Dual AMD Opteron 246 HE Processors
    # 2048MB ECC Registered RAM
    # Multiple 36GB, 15K RPM Hard Disks in a RAID array
    # Dedicated 100mbps Fast Ethernet Uplink
    # Location: LAX1; Bandwidth by: Mzima

ZERO Overselling

It has become a general trend in the industry for hosting companies to offer unfeasible amounts of storage and transfer in hopes of gaining customers on that notion alone. However, at MediaLayer we simply do not allocate more resources than we have. If we have 100GB available on a given server we will not sell more than 50 accounts with 2GB allocated. At other hosts you may find yourself sharing that 100GB with 500 accounts - this simply doesn't happen here at MediaLayer.

Software

# Apache 2.2
    # MySQL 5
    # PHP 4.4
    # PHP 5.2
    # eAccelerator
    # Zend Optimizer
    # Memcached

AppLayer - Application Hosting

AppLayer DX
    500MB RAID Protected SCSI Storage
    10GB Premium Data Transfer
    3 Domains
    $9.95, take 50% off for the first month.
    COUPON CODE: 50OFF

http://www.medialayer.com/hosting/ap...n-hosting.html

AppLayer LX
    1000MB RAID Protected SCSI Storage
    20GB Premium Data Transfer
    6 Domains
    $19.95, take 50% off for the first month.

AppLayer EX
    2500MB RAID Protected SCSI Storage
    50GB Premium Data Transfer
    12 Domains
    $39.95, take 50% off for the first month.

Features

* Free Assistance with Account Migration
    * 24x7x365 support, with emergency paging system for urgent assistance
    * Dual Opteron or better CPU, 2GB or more RAM
    * RAID Protected, 15K RPM SCSI Storage
    * Daily Backups to Off-site system
    * Optimized PHP 4 and PHP 5 w/ Apache 2.2
    * Zend Optimizer and eAccelerator
    * Private CGI-Bin & (SSH) Shell Access
    * Unlimited MySQL 5 Databases
    * Unlimited FTP Accounts
    * Unlimited E-mail Accounts
    * E-mail access via POP3, IMAP, and Webmail
    * Unlimited Sub-Domains
    * Secure Access to DirectAdmin via custom skin
    * myLayer & Interactive Community Forums

DirectAdmin vs. cPanel

* Easier, more efficient Web 2.0 GUI
    * Scalable, high-performance user system
    * More robust and stable than cPanel
    * Excellent support for MySQL 5
    * Clear opportunities for future clustered services
    * "Out of the box" support for Apache 2.2.3, Zend Optimizer, and eAccelerator
    * Proven to be more reliable and more secure
    * More cost-effective, allowing us to pass on the savings to you
    * Uses less server resources, allowing more to host the actual websites

Demo

* URL: http://72.249.28.154:2222/
    * Username: demo_user
    * Password: demo

FAQ: http://www.medialayer.com/hosting/faq.html
    Sales e-mail: [email protected]

Thank you,

What is application hosting? Somekind of VPS?

Quote Originally Posted by SepedaTua
    What is application hosting? Somekind of VPS?
    Actually no, however we do believe it to offer a much higher level of performance than a VPS. We do also allow shell access. The reasoning behind the name "application hosting" is that we specialize in hosting PHP / MySQL based software (a.k.a. applications) with our high performance environment. I hope this clarifies things. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Hi! Can you please provide an IP for me to ping?
    hi there!

Quote Originally Posted by amygdela
    Hi! Can you please provide an IP for me to ping?
    Sure.

We discard certain forms of ICMP traffic at our servers for security reasons, however you are free to ping 72.37.184.1. The server is located in Los Angeles, CA. I will also PM you a test file.

Thanks,
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

ouch, 162ms avg. I just don't get it. Why do I get <100ms pings on the iWeb.ca network, but 160ms on yours?
    hi there!

ouch, 162ms avg. I just don't get it. Why do I get <100ms pings on the iWeb.ca network, but 160ms on yours?
    Ping is indicative of distance, not speed. iWeb happens to be on the east coast, therefore closer to you (NL). We are on the west coast, in Los Angeles, CA. I have PM'd you a test file for this reason. We do have clients from all over the world and have no complaints regarding speed. We do have some servers on the east coast (New York) and central (Chicago) which you can ping:

Chicago: 69.65.12.37
    New York: 208.68.171.10

Please let me know if I could be of further assistance.

Thanks,

I've PM'ed you some questions. Thanks for your fast initial PM.

Ping for 208.68.171.10 is indeed 93ms. Seems obvious
    hi there!

I've PM'ed you some questions. Thanks for your fast initial PM.

Ping for 208.68.171.10 is indeed 93ms. Seems obvious
    I will reply to your PM w/ answers shortly. Thank you,

And thank you!
    hi there!

What is the uptime?

Quote Originally Posted by r2h
    What is the uptime?
    Hello,

We're going to be releasing a formal SLA shortly; the SLA will be for 99.7%. However, we have consistently exceeded 99.9% over the past few months. If you require a high availability setup, we would be happy to provide you with a custom quote. If you are interested, please contact [email protected].

Thank you,

sent 2 messages yesterday to sales@....
    24 hours has passed, and no answer has been given.

Can ou send me via PM a few sites hosted by your company?

Quote Originally Posted by anticitizen1

We have not received your e-mails, however we do use Postini spam filtering on that address, I will check to see if it got caught there. Will send you a PM shortly as well.

Thank you,

Quote Originally Posted by anticitizen1

Sorry, I just tried to send you a PM, however it appears that PMs have not been enabled for your account yet. Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by layer0
    Sorry, I just tried to send you a PM, however it appears that PMs have not been enabled for your account yet. Thanks,
    Okay, I was able to send you a PM a little earlier today.

Thanks,

So how much for 800GB monthly transfer?

Quote Originally Posted by Cripto
    So how much for 800GB monthly transfer?
    This depends on numerous factors as we offer many different bandwidth options, but if a client is pushing 800GB of transfer, we would likely place them on their own server. 800GB of value transfer would be significantly cheaper than 800GB of premium transfer, therefore we'd need to know which you were looking at, in addition to the site that needs to be hosted. Thanks,