Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PowerVPS.com or FutureHosting.biz?

Hey.

Yesterday i have purchased a vps at HostDime.com and on the first day of my vps i submitted a support ticket which untill now already taken more than 14 hours to reply and still didn't receive any reply.

Now i have checked Futurehosting and powervps and i would like you to help me choose between the 2.

What is most important for me is the support and user friendly.
    This is my first time using a vps and i need a company that will help me out and not just give me a vps and let me manage by myself.

Thank you!

hi shreder,

i bought the futurehosting vps last month. so far they are providing good support. futurehosting is the best in the vps industry. tech support is simply superb. they solved my issues immediately.

there is some offer also, try the future hosting.biz
    vik is doing the nice job.

thanks,

I have just purchased a VPS with futurehosting.biz
    Really hoping it will be like i read on the reviews here...

Thank you!

Let us know how it goes, I'm also an unhappy customer with another VPS supplier. FutureHosting is one of the candidates i might switch over to

I recommend futurehosting.biz

excellent servers, excellent support, and excellent person

vik is very nice person, he solved my issues immediately.
    Pallavs Hosting - http://www.pallavas.net
    Linux / Windows Shared Hosting
    ----------------------------------
    LxAdmin / Cpanel / Helm

I would recommend futurehosting....

VERY helpful... Vik has made sure I have been happy. Great service.

hi, good to know that you are happy with futurehosting.
    I have done a traceroute of their own site from 12 locations (hyperspin) and their network is doing ok (not too bad, not too good - just right).

can you please provide (from virtuozzo) the primary resources allowed for their respective accounts?

for PowerVPS details are as follows:

1.-

- 768MB RAM (guaranteed)

- cpuunits : 7,877 pcs
    - cpulimit : 50 percents
    - numproc : 750 pcs
    - numtcpsock : 720 pcs
    - numothersock : 1,024 pcs
    - vmguarpages : 2,147,483,647 4KB pages
    - avnumproc : 500 pcs

2.-

512MB RAM (guaranteed)

- cpuunits : 8,000 pcs
    - cpulimit : 100 percents
    - numproc : 500 pcs
    - numtcpsock : 500 pcs
    - numothersock : 500 pcs
    - avnumproc : 350 pcs

please follow this form of data-set for easy comparison between the two hosts.

ulysseNL

Quote Originally Posted by ulysseNL

I have done a traceroute of their own site from 12 locations (hyperspin) and their network is doing ok (not too bad, not too good - just right).

can you please provide (from virtuozzo) the primary resources allowed for their respective accounts?

1.-

- 768MB RAM (guaranteed)

2.-

512MB RAM (guaranteed)

ulysseNL
    I will as soon as i get everything setup.
    Can you please explain what each one of the terms mean?
    I am new to VPS.

Thank you!

when you are set up, got to virtuozzo using your browser, by typing yourservername:4643 (ex. server1.yourdomain.net:4643), log in, go to resources (cpu and primary) and there you will find these resources listed along with details/explanation of their meaning.

ulysseNL

Ok.
    Everything is setup, now i already have an issue.
    It tells me that the cpanel/whm license i have on my vps has expired and won't let me login.
    I have submitted a support ticket, lets see how long it takes.

Hi

Hi shreder

(mmm... may feel like im stalking you eh..) lol, no im not, just my 2 cents here, im with powervps and have to say nothing but exellence, not been down once, and only had to submit 2 tickets since i have had it ( had it about 2 - 3 months ) and both times replied within 15 minutes. Good luck in your search mate

steve

1.-

- 768MB RAM (guaranteed)

2.-

512MB RAM (guaranteed)

ulysseNL
    The only numbers that matter in that is privvmpages (burstable ram) and vmguarpages (guaranteed ram)...

CPULimit is based on how many CPU's they have (100% per CPU so 25% could be 1/4 of a system, an 1/8th of a system or even a 1/16 of a system's CPU) and doesn't tell you how powerful the cpus are...you could have 25%...one host could have an Athlon 2000+ and another host could have a Xeon 5160.

Everything else on there is the number of processes and sockets you are allowed which on basically every host your not going to have a problem with.

I would say futurehosting i have heard some very good things about them also as a lot of have said vik is an awesome person
    RackSurge - Superior Hosting Solutions
    Shared, Reseller cPanel Web Hosting w/ Fantastico, Dedicated, VPS Solutions, Ruby on Rails, PHP4 and 5, Tomcat.
    Premium Network - Level(3), Savvis, AT&T, PCCW Global, nLayer, and TeliaSonera

Quote Originally Posted by devonblzx
    Everything else on there is the number of processes and sockets you are allowed which on basically every host your not going to have a problem with.
    this is so very untrue!!!

the resources that a host allows you are actually the *only* thing that matters, other specifications being equal (i.e. within a particular server hardware configuration).

I note with great interest that futurehosting has *not* provided any resource data.

ulysseNL

How long has futurehosting.biz been around? How fast is their support and what HW do they use?

Zac
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

Futurehosting or VPS problems?

Futurehosting has a good tech support, however i am very dissapointed with the application of their vps technology. Today ,i has learn something new about vps that since 5 years never think:
    7 days ago i was a webhostplus customer with the lowest vps plan, i host only 5 domains: 1 with mid traffic, 1 with low traffic and 3 only low mail traffic, all of them sums 60GB transfer average in a month.
    With webhostplus my account was 150mb ram and 128mhz cpu minimum guarantee and my domains works fine, but lately one of them starts to usage additional resources because 2 cgi-scripts, the server works almost all the day in the month, slow but works. Additional note: that domain always has use mambo as content manager.
    I need to upgrade my account for a better performance, chossing not do with whp because that support team takes about 12 hours for replies, then i think futurehosting, which supossly give me what i need:
    -384mb ram minimum (vs 150mb whp)
    -20 GB disk space (vs 6 GB)
    -Better and faster support.
    -More CPU

Great was my surprise, when the propagation finish and the domains start point to my new dns server, the server starts to reset each 10 mins because a high load and no domain works, was a nightmare this monday. The support team explain me that the load was too high because the account with cgis, which finally i have to move to another hosting provider (only the scripts), but the worst coming: the mambo for the same account owner of the cgi-scripts too takes a lot of high resources and currently i have to use html for at least basic usage of mail of all my accounts.

As you see, exists any great difference: my new account with more resources and power doesnt works meanwhile with my old provider at lest works slow. I have learn that the resources are really important, but my question is: why doesnt works in futurehosting with more resources?

* Futurehosting.biz

Lets just say I've been very satisfied with Futurehosting these last few weeks!
    Your reading skill has increased by one point!
    computers are cool now OK!

Two months with futurehosting. There have been some issues but response is superb. They are very responsive and quick to escalate a problem to be sure that it gets resolved ASAP.

So, did you get a response? How quick? Has/have your issue(s) been resolved? Am considering moving to futurehosting because of the comments here and your response would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by shreder
    Ok.
    Everything is setup, now i already have an issue.
    It tells me that the cpanel/whm license i have on my vps has expired and won't let me login.
    I have submitted a support ticket, lets see how long it takes.

Hey.

Well, their support is good.
    The only thing that's annoying is that they only have a ticket system and you can't reply to the ticket via mail, you have to login each time to their website and reply to the ticket.
    Shame they don't have knowledge base or forums and even phone support.
    Their response time so far are averaged at 1-2 hours, sometimes even less than 30 minutes but sometimes more than 2 hours...
    My issues were actually resolved at last, yes.

Right now i am actually considering switching back to HostDime, their representatives seem very nice.
    I had few issues with them at first but they did everything they could to help me out which was really nice.

Thanks for the quick response Shreder. Truly appreciated. Are you considering moving only because of the support or are you having problems with the performance of the VPS? You can pm me if you'd like.

I'm reading up as much as I could because it's a pain moving from one host to another. I carry with me 30 something sites. Thus, the need for a stable VPS.

Thank you.

I have been looking at VPS also, and have been considering Servint, Powervps, and futurehosting.biz.

It's pretty much a toss up for me at this point, but location is a factor since all of my customers are located in southern california, I want to be as close as possible for speed reasons.

Futurehosting is in Dallas, Servint and PowerVPS are on the east coast.

It doesn't seem like I can go wrong with any of them.

I have been with PowerVPS for over 18 months now, and they have been excellent in every respect. I highly recommend them.

however I just moved one of my vps accounts from PowerVPS to VIRPUS (Dallas), because their (equivalent) accounts provide more primary resources.

786MB RAM (guaranteed) - 2G burst

- cpuunits - 10,000 pcs
    - cpulimit - 800 pcs
    - numproc: 960 pcs
    - numtcpsock - 1440 pcs
    - numothersock: 1440 pcs
    - vmguarpages: 196,608
    - avnumproc: 720 pcs

(a very good configuration in comparison)

setup and configuration were fast, correct and done in a friendly and professional attitude. I am very happy with them, and am under the impression that I will not regret my decision.

ulysseNL

Last edited by ulysseNL; 12-07-2006 at 03:34 PM.

I have been with PowerVPS for over 18 months now, and they have been excellent in every respect. I highly recommend them.

however I just moved one of my vps accounts from PowerVPS to VIRPUS (Dallas), because their (equivalent) accounts provide more primary resources.

- cpuunits - 10,000 pcs
    - cpulimit - 800 pcs
    - numproc: 960 pcs
    - numtcpsock - 1440 pcs
    - numothersock: 1440 pcs
    - avnumproc: 720 pcs

(a very good configuration in comparison)

setup and configuration were fast, correct and done in a friendly and professional attitude. I am very happy with them, and am under the impression that I will not regret my decision.

ulysseNL

here is the futurehosting Elite vps

- cpuunits - 1000 pcs
    - cpulimit - Disabled
    - numproc: 800 pcs
    - numtcpsock - 1,000 pcs
    - numothersock: 1,000 pcs
    - avnumproc: 40 pcs

damn thats quite disappointing as i compare those 2 plans!!

I used PowerVPS for about 1 year + 1 month (13 months). The support was great response to explain issues. They were helpful in any issues.

In the ticket subject line, you need to be specific, that's what they look at title in priority levels. The response timing is average 10-30mins depend on issue level. Sometimes 5 mins I remembered.

I suggest look at the PowerVPS reviews, they are all positive and happy customers over 6 months using PowerVPS.

Jen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast