Futurehosting.biz - 3 months review

Hi folks,

I have been with Futurehosting.biz for a little over 3 months now, since they are getting more and more popular, I thought it is worth writing a review for it.

First of all, the package I have with them is a customized one, I have upgraded it to 512M RAM once then downgraded it back to 256MB due to some personal reasons.

Pricing

I am going to talk about pricing first. Why? Because Futurehosting was born with a 'value-for-money' title surrounded, therefore many customers (like myself) judge the prices as their first priority. For me, the VPS package is NOT mission critical, therefore I can afford aim at price rather than quality.

The pricing structure is very competitive I should say, especially when I am getting a very good deal from them.

There are heaps of VPS offers in the offers forum here on WHT, you can rarely find reliable hosts offer the sort of value-for-money services Futurehosting offer.

Server Hardware

It is normal for a web host provider to oversell its hardware and/or network. I am not sure if Futurehosting is overselling A LOT, but the fact is that, during the peak time, the server load will jump to 2.0 or 3.0 even though I did not do any intensive task. I have reported this issue to them and Vik promosed me to look into it. The server I am on is now running smoother than before, although sometimes it still lags a bit, which I can live with.

Network Stability

Their network stability is a little bit disappointing. During the 3 months period, we had a major, unscheduled down time for almost an hour. And we have had lots and lots of tiny down times mostly under 5 minutes too.

The uptime:

2006-10 | 99.97% | 3 min(s) 54 sec(s)/3
    2006-11 | 99.01% | 5 hour(s) 25 min(s)/44
    2006-12 | 99.83% | 31 min(s) 10 sec(s)/21

The above uptime statistic was tracked by host-tracker, and it includes the down time caused by myself (e.g. server rebooting, web server reloading, etc). FYI the down time caused by myself is less than an hour in total.

Support

The package I am on is unmanaged, so most of the support tickets I've sent were sales related. Support so far is fantastic! Thumbs up! Vik and his crew are doing a great job here, hopefully they can maintain this level of support quality.

Overall

Overall, I am very happy with the choice I've made. Sure, they have problems, but their positive attitude and the willingness to offer help really made me grateful.

Rating

Price: 9/10
    Hardware: 8/10
    Network: 8/10
    Support: 10/10

That's about it, thanks for your reading. :-)

Regards,
    -Canglan
    Last edited by Canglan; 12-17-2006 at 08:09 AM.
    DevOps!

Thank you for your review.

Can you please provide your domain with futurehosting here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=4268945 for verification purposes.

net
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by net
    Thank you for your review.

Can you please provide your domain with futurehosting here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=4268945 for verification purposes.

net
    Done. :-)

DevOps!

Quote Originally Posted by Canglan
    Done. :-)

And confirmed, thanks!