Any Other Webhosts That Are As Good Quality As Asmallorange.com

Hi,

Does anybody know of any Other Webhosts That Are As Good Quality As Asmallorange.com ?

<<snipped>> But in the past I have had good experiences with Acunett and Pair. I am not sure how they compare to Asmallorange though... or if their still near as good as they used to be.

If you believe Asmallorange is good quality, why not just use them?
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 12-17-2006 at 09:32 AM.
    Need a new Web Host?
    Become a Host Refugee and receive TRUE 24/7 Support

cPanel + Fantastico, PHP4 or PHP5
    HostRefugee.com - See our current promotions

Quote Originally Posted by HostRefugee-Vince
    If you believe Asmallorange is good quality, why not just use them?

Exactly.

Why move if you're happy with ASO? I don't get people.

may be there are very expensive comapare to market

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff - Exceed
    Exactly.

Why move if you're happy with ASO? I don't get people.
    I'm doing something that is against their TOS.
    No, i'm not hostnig files, but some hosts are fine on what i do - that is what i will press further if i get a list of a few decent hosts

their price a bit expensive from other webhost provider imo, but so far I saw many people happy with asmallorange...

Quote Originally Posted by mustaq
    may be there are very expensive comapare to market

And? They have a higher uptime compared to the current market.

Quote Originally Posted by PigFat
    No, i'm not hostnig files, but some hosts are fine on what i do - that is what i will press further if i get a list of a few decent hosts
    If you're willing to state it...what exactly is it that you're doing? (as clearly this will limit your choice of host)
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Quote Originally Posted by h4nh4n
    their price a bit expensive from other webhost provider imo, but so far I saw many people happy with asmallorange...
    I don't see that they are expensive at all. They are more expensive than the budget hosts, but that just makes them more realistic for users who want reliability & service & expect to use their allocated resources. They are less expensive than a lot of other hosts.

There are other hosts who have a very good reputation here - cartikahosting, dotable for instance (I haven't used either yet, but they are both on my list to consider when I have a site that would be suited by them).

There's a reason companies like A Small Orange offer quality.
    Their pricing structure and the people behind them ensure it.

If you want quality like theirs simply sign up for them.
    And no, it's not all that expensive. In fact I think it's too cheap.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dormouse
    I don't see that they are expensive at all. They are more expensive than the budget hosts, but that just makes them more realistic for users who want reliability & service & expect to use their allocated resources. They are less expensive than a lot of other hosts.
    but if you see the specs they offers are very limited compared to other webhost with that prices, but hey maybe its only me...

but if you see the specs they offers are very limited compared to other webhost with that prices, but hey maybe its only me...
    Not all companies work on the overselling model. Some set realistic pricing, and in return provide exceptional service and quality.
    Need a new Web Host?
    Become a Host Refugee and receive TRUE 24/7 Support

cPanel + Fantastico, PHP4 or PHP5
    HostRefugee.com - See our current promotions

Quote Originally Posted by HostRefugee-Vince
    Not all companies work on the overselling model. Some set realistic pricing, and in return provide exceptional service and quality.
    Indeed.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

ASO has completely normal pricing.

its the other hosts that are either overselling or just trying to hook customers, but you can give those kinda of resources away, we have already gone over this.

I think ASO is one of the few companies thats not afraid to charge what they KNOW they are worth.

Keep it up ASO, and i have used the in the past so i speak from experience.
    - Steve D
    SERVBoston: Hosting since 2003
    Shared, Reseller, VPS.
    Top Notch Support from a veteran hosting company!

400MB for 5 bucks is mid-range. Not expensive at all compared to Dutch web hosters! They just charge $300,- per year ex 19% VAT for 500MB space on yearly contract
    hi there!

Quote Originally Posted by PigFat
    It would be best if you could share with us what exactly it is you are planning on doing that would be against the TOS of ASO.

ASO doesn't oversell it seems. That is a commendable business model, since most other hosts seem to think they need to do that to some extent to hook customers.

That doesn't mean that all other hosts are "bad"; since many oversell only to a reasonable extent so they have things under control.
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

Quote Originally Posted by WN-Ali
    It would be best if you could share with us what exactly it is you are planning on doing that would be against the TOS of ASO.

I agree Ali. If not though, you should probably contact some hosts directly and ask because if you keep jumping from host to host it could get quite expensive in the long run because most likely you will NOT get a refund should you break their terms of service.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

If I'm not wrong he stated in another thread that he have a forum with links to illegal materials, althrough the files are not hosted on the same server than the forum.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Hades
    ASO has completely normal pricing.

its the other hosts that are either overselling or just trying to hook customers, but you can give those kinda of resources away, we have already gone over this.

I think ASO is one of the few companies thats not afraid to charge what they KNOW they are worth.

Keep it up ASO, and i have used the in the past so i speak from experience.
    What is normal for someone doesn't mean it's normal for others.
    Everyone is different and it makes the life more interesting, at least for me.

That is true, and everyone's budget levels for web hosting is different.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff - Exceed
    And? They have a higher uptime compared to the current market.
    sorry i don't have answer for this,since i am not been with them

Their pricing is reasonble, since their service and quality of hosting is awesome

HostGator?

Heard that they oversell and they have had alot of negative comments

Quote Originally Posted by HostFrog
    That is true, and everyone's budget levels for web hosting is different.
    yes its true but you get what you pay for as they say.

Everyone has a different budget for everything, people don't call McDonalds over-priced because they cant afford a value meal. You can always goto the dollar menu, what do you get? 1 Burger? a SMALL fry?

Now look what ASO is giving for its price? seems very responsible to me.

Its not a 1 domain, or 1 database or 1 email plan.

Now some other host out there offering 5 GB of space + the moon on a silver platter is going to cost you a lot more.......................in the long run, you'll see.
    - Steve D
    SERVBoston: Hosting since 2003
    Shared, Reseller, VPS.
    Top Notch Support from a veteran hosting company!

Quote Originally Posted by Hades
    yes its true but you get what you pay for as they say.

Everyone has a different budget for everything, people don't call McDonalds over-priced because they cant afford a value meal. You can always goto the dollar menu, what do you get? 1 Burger? a SMALL fry?

Now look what ASO is giving for its price? seems very responsible to me.

Its not a 1 domain, or 1 database or 1 email plan.

Now some other host out there offering 5 GB of space + the moon on a silver platter is going to cost you a lot more.......................in the long run, you'll see.
    oh I agree with you completely. Quality sure does cost now a days.

PigFat, they have have alot of negative reviews but have you read the positives? Pretty impressive if you ask me.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>