Arrow Need help to prevent people from using Download manager?

hi eveyone,

I have a small files server which only store media files, but my server always overload(sometime inresonsive) because of too much connections since people using IDM or some sort of download manager to download( i set httpd max client is 200 since my server spec is not so good)

So I am lookin for some method(mod for apache or script) that can prevent user from using IDM or such download manager program, and only can open one connection for each download.

Does anyone of you know anything like that?

i would appreciate any suggestion and advise.

my server spec:
    Celeron 2.6
    256MB Ram
    80GB Hard Drive.
    Running Fedora Core 2.

Thanks everyone for reading!

What happen if many users have the same IP download at the same time? only one of them will be able to download?

The reason i am asking is for particular country, all the users connect to international via few Forxy server of their ISP, hence many of them have the same IP

Thanks

If they have the same IP, then only one user can able to download, I believe.
    Tommy Tran - tommy @ vinax.net ::: VINAX, LLC ::: http://vinax.net ::: Since 2004
    Premium Dedicated Servers and Colocation in downtown Chicago (350 E. Cermak Rd)
    Premium Bandwidth, 100% Network & Power Uptime SLA, 24/7 Prompt Tech Support

is there another solution?

i've seen filefront.com has something that user only allow 1 connection per file, even if they are using Download manager like IDM or flashget.

Does anyone know what they are using?

thanks

Does anyone have anything else?

Thank you