Need an Exchange Email Account

I need an Exchange account that supports Push Mail for my new Windows Mobile PDA (Cingular PDA) What's everyone reccomend?

Your best bet is to find a reseller of Zimbra...IMHO.

Try MailStreet.com or see http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search for a good list of companies that support it. I'm not sure if they are well-reviewed here, but searching google for the company's reputation itself can help narrow your search.
    •• polur.net | Premium web hosting solutions you can trust since 2004••
    High performance NVMe SSD, CloudLinux & LiteSpeed hosting with Canadian datacentres

I'm guessing this is for a Treo? (fellow Treo user here). Your only real options for push e-mail on a Treo are ActiveSync (usually pretty standard, but it's not exactly true push) and GoodLink (extra fee, but it's true push). There's also a BlackBerry Connect (it's basically BES connectivity on a Treo) option at Cingular as well.

I've dealt with ExchangeMyMail and Intermedia in the past for Exchange Hosting and I really can't complain about either.

Hope this helps....
    Last edited by mripguru; 12-17-2006 at 02:34 PM.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Quote Originally Posted by mripguru
    I'm guessing this is for a Treo? (fellow Treo user here). Your only real options for push e-mail on a Treo are ActiveSync (usually pretty standard, but it's not exactly true push) and GoodLink (extra fee, but it's true push). There's also a BlackBerry Connect (it's basically BES connectivity on a Treo) option at Cingular as well.

I've dealt with ExchangeMyMail and Intermedia in the past for Exchange Hosting and I really can't complain about either.

Hope this helps....
    Actcually it's a windows mobile device, the cingular blackjack

Quote Originally Posted by davidpaj
    Actcually it's a windows mobile device, the cingular blackjack
    Ah - that's not that different then. I believe it supports ActiveSync and direct IMAP/POP. I'm not sure if it supports Blackberry, etc. (I forgot that Cingular doesn't have a WM Treo, yet.)
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Ah - that's not that different then. I believe it supports ActiveSync and direct IMAP/POP. I'm not sure if it supports Blackberry, etc. (I forgot that Cingular doesn't have a WM Treo, yet.)
    There's a rumor the launch date is tomorrow. I stil haven't found what I'm looking for yet though... I want a 1 user (me) 1GB Push mail exchange account

Quote Originally Posted by davidpaj
    There's a rumor the launch date is tomorrow. I stil haven't found what I'm looking for yet though... I want a 1 user (me) 1GB Push mail exchange account
    I'm not sure if such a thing truely exists (for a cheap price, anyways) given all of the licensing costs and associated secondary costs of running such a service.

I'm not sure if such a thing truely exists (for a cheap price, anyways) given all of the licensing costs and associated secondary costs of running such a service.
    I'd pay a reasonable ammount and hey if there's more included that's a bonus...

Try 4smartphone.com

I have been using them since last May when I decided to shut down my server at home.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

Virtually all Exchange hosts these days are going to be running Exchange 2003, which supports push-based mobile sync. What you're asking for is not difficult at all to find. So narrow your search based on the other features; if you just need a basic account you can probably get that for under $10/month (the 1-gig storage will probably be what costs ya).

So just google "exchange hosting" and start exploring. Really, there are tons of services that provide this.

Check out 1and1's exchange services

I have used them and they are the cheapest($6.99/month) and uptime is good.
    Host In Us Web Hosting Services | www.hostinus.com
    Premium Enterprise Shared Web Hosting
    Less than 80 Customers per server!
    Try us out! We want to earn your business.

So long as you have an exchange 2003 server with SP2 and a windows mobile 2005 phone, then push mail should work without a problem and nearly every exchange host should offer this.
    █ Windows and Exchange Server Experts, UK and US Dedicated Exchange Servers.
    MCSE Certified, Registered Microsoft Partner.
    █ Exchange 2010, Server 2008 and IIS 7 Services now available!
    www.windowsserv.com Email: mail@windowsserv.com

Just an additional thought on this thread - if you don't need your own domain, www.mail2web.com has an ad-supported (and free) Exchange account which has ActiveSync enabled. It might be worth checking out. I tested out their services for a few days - it was actually pretty good.

Your phone doesn't support RPC over HTTP(s) ? Every windows mobile phone including my PALM treo can do it and sync every X minutes.

Any exchange provider thats doing correct MS SPLA licensing will give a free copy of outlook
    Yellow Fiber Networks
    http://www.yellowfiber.net : Managed Solutions - Colocation - Network Services IPv4/IPv6
    Ashburn/Denver/NYC/Dallas/Chicago Markets Served zak@yellowfiber.net

Try searching on google for hosted exchange, or hosted microsoft exchange. Many reliable providers out there. They should all pretty much have the same services, but the support is what you should look at. Call the phone numbers, see if people answer, send an email to support or sales, and see who reponds within your expected timeframe..
    ---------------------------------
    Exchange My Mail, Inc
    http://www.exchangemymail.com
    Hosted Exchange 2010 | Windows Sharepoint