Best Data Center in Europe?

We are looking to setup dedicated servers in Europe and wanted to get an idea of which data centers are rated as the best in terms of support and network speed and uptime. Cost is not relevant at this stage.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark

One I won't recommend is RedBus..I remember hearing one of their DC's went bankrupt and then RB confiscated client's servers..

www.wattproxy.info

Thanks repoman. I should add that we are looking for Windows server orientated support too.

Quote Originally Posted by repoman
    One I won't recommend is RedBus..I remember hearing one of their DC's went bankrupt and then RB confiscated client's servers..
    I think you need to come off the waccy baccy, or have your ears cleaned so you can hear better in future.

That isn't true at all.
    █ Dan Kitchen | Technical Director | Razorblue
    █ ddi: (+44) (0)1748 900 680 | e: dkitchen@razorblue.com
    █ UK Intensive Managed Hosting, Clusters and Colocation.
    █ HP Servers, Cisco/Juniper Powered BGP Network (AS15692).

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBlue - Dan
    I think you need to come off the waccy baccy, or have your ears cleaned so you can hear better in future.

That isn't true at all.
    From what I heard, they went through a change of ownership and prices increased. I could also be wrong though. That’s just what I heard, from a customer I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by JamieCarruthers
    From what I heard, they went through a change of ownership and prices increased. I could also be wrong though. That’s just what I heard, from a customer I believe.
    That is true, but they didn't go bankrupt or steal all of their customers servers, that's nonsense.

One of the Redbus facilities in the UK, Sovereign House, is pretty decent in my opinion but the reason we're in the process of moving out is because the price hikes by the new management don't correspond to an increase in service (the opposite is true in fact) and leave it no longer looking like a good value DC. I have absolutely no faith that the management won't just try to screw existing customers with another massive price hike before making their exit.

As I was wheeling another trolley of equipment out of the building last week, one of the security staff who was hanging out of a little hatch watching simply said "Everyone is leaving!".

We've moved into a much better facility though, Telstra's LHC, which is certainly much better value, the staff are friendly and knowledgeable and we have guarantees there won't be any ridiculous price rises on the same scale as Redbus for the forseeable future.

Kris
    Kris - nitrohosting.net
    Premium Dell Windows/Linux dedicated servers in London
    Great value shared hosting & ADSL.
    PM/Email for no-obligation quotes.

London is always good in terms of being EU central, however there is a distinct lack of good DC space at the moment. You could look at Telehouse Paris, or some of the DC's in Amsterdam as another option.
    Jordan Gross
    Ultraspeed
    www.ultraspeed.com

Ok thanks. I should clarify that we are looking to lease our servers not co-locate at this stage. So are there any good providers that run their own data center and provide a degree of Windows Support - ala Liquid Web?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Hosts
    Ok thanks. I should clarify that we are looking to lease our servers not co-locate at this stage. So are there any good providers that run their own data center and provide a degree of Windows Support - ala Liquid Web?
    What kind of budget do you have & what kind of server are you looking for? Pricing varies massively over here (as does quality of service).

Do you have any management requirements?

Dan

Ok let say $500-600 USD per server per month budget. We would much rather pay for the best rather than go through the hassles of a sub-par provider.

Redbus are great in my opinion, a router had to be changed, was done overnight, so no damaging downtime was caused. Great customer service, would recommend

Dan

Someone recommended www.gyron.net to me. I have no hands on experience with them however
    ColoInSeattle - From 1U to cage space colocation in Seattle
    ServerStadium - Affordable Dedicated Servers
    Come visit our 18k sq ft. facility in Seattle!
    Managed Private Cloud | Colocation | Disaster Recovery | Dedicated Servers

I would look at www.razorblue.com. We trust many of our critical applications to them and have no complaints. (our site is actually hosted at their NYC location )
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

We have a rack in IXEurope in Geneva and can highly recommend them, I know they have datacentres all around Europe. Our contact there is Pierre Alain (pierre-alain.schmid@ixeurope.com), i'd recommend speaking to him as he is incredibly helpful. He speaks good english too!

We also have racks in Level(3) Goswell Road and 111 Eighth Ave. Goswell Road is a really nice datacentre, everytime I go there there are always at least 10 guys cleaning or painting. I hear there was a power outage there a little while back but then i've heard horror stories about nearly every datacentre in London from one source or another!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Hosts
    I think people need to read this before continuing to suggest places to colocate ...

Dan

We have a dedicated server with Gyron.net and we're pretty happy overall. No problems getting support or upgrades. Feel a bit pricey though, maybe it's because of the difference between the dollar and the pound.

Another UK-based company we're happy with is redstation, they're windows-only though.

www.netdirekt.de
    They're a great datacenter as network. (Self-Managed servers only)
    They provide remote reboot port.
    Website is in deutch, but their sales and support speak english too.
    DWS (Desktop Whois System), an easy to use desktop application to whois domains in many TLDs...

IR5.Net Europe Shared Hosting, Reseller accounts and VPS Provider...

When talk about "BEST", I am pretty sure it can only describe when it fit into your requirement, your customers' need and etc = BEST

However I want to know what datacenter is available in Europe!