Computer Repair Management

Hey,

Does anyone know any good programs to help manage an onsite pc repair company?

Something that handles customers, jobs etc?

It can be online or offline.

paper, pen, computer, printer, tape and quickbooks (or quicken business since no stock). Having a system setup in terms of what needs to be fixed helps... one corner of office for ready and one for get ready now, etc.. or whatever words you want to use.

customer brings in, you print the work to the printer, tape it on the pc, and take to back to place in "to be fixed." Fix it and check off with a pen... call customer or place in pile for pickups....
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Hekwu just about said every possible option...

I wrote one for a client. They are not that complicated to setup. I don't know of any pre-made ones.

There's a great looking pre-made one out there we've been considering purchasing. It was written by an onsite company for other onsite companies. Does dispatch, billing, inventory management, the works. Unfortunately the mail server I kept the program information on is down right now. PM me if you don't see a reply in 48 hours from me, in case I forget
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

Take a look at http://www.commitcrm.com/
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

Finally regained power at the office

http://www.connectwise.com/main.aspx?id=38. Haven't had a chance to use this software in production, but we were impressed by the demo give by their sales staff. The only caveat was that it doesn't do page count for our copier business, but we're probably going to purchase a separate program for that part of the company.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by UWebSmart
    Hey,

Does anyone know any good programs to help manage an onsite pc repair company?

Something that handles customers, jobs etc?

It can be online or offline.
    That would be called a secretary

The two generes of software you're looking for. It's called either CRM (Customer Relationship Management) which is for sales forces and also does order tracking and integrates billing and estimating and things like that. Most of that could be done with Quickbooks Pro, honestly. You can keep track of what open orders and estimates that you have and just keep track of the computers in your office by tag number.

Expanding from that, (i.e. having a repair history for individual computers by a barcode that you have on the outside of the case) you find software packages in the Professional Services Automation category. Google that, you'll turn up a ton of hits on different packages that are easy to customize for your own needs.

Is it worth it? The answer depends on your volume. If you do enough volume that LOTS of stuff is falling through the cracks, can you just reorganize your office or do you really NEED an expensive software package? I'd have a very hard time beliving that a mom & pop type shop couldn't do very well with a highly organized office and Quickbooks. You might have bigger issues if you're handing stuff for large corporations or you're a UPS repair & refurb center.

You can also check out www.vtiger.com

Quote Originally Posted by karlkatzke
    Is it worth it? The answer depends on your volume. .
    Great point... there are many things that one might take into consideration before putting a "system" into place.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!