Bogus Phone Numbers

---- Be careful relaying on calling a phone number that someone gives you when varying an order. With all the VIOP numbers scammers can take advantage of you.

I called to verify and a paypal order and talked to the guy, everything was fine. Then 2 days later it was charged back, I called the number back and it was a recording saying this number is for rent. I was scammed.

Scarry……….

I use a product called Linkshield. It was created by the First Data platform, they handle most of the transaction processing in the United States. The product will also tell me if the consumer has a propensity to do chargebacks. This tool has reduced fraud to nothing at this point.
    John

You're able to call the credit card issuer to verify the number.

Mistake you made, was in letting the customer call you to validate the order. When querying an order, *you* should always call the customer.
    Karl Austin :: KDA Web Services Ltd.
    UK Business Hosting and Managed Servers - Hosting for Business Users :: 0800 5429 764
    Call us today and ask about our hosting solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by music
    I called to verify and a paypal order and talked to the guy, everything was fine. Then 2 days later it was charged back, I called the number back and it was a recording saying this number is for rent. I was scammed.
    Quote Originally Posted by KDAWebServices
    Mistake you made, was in letting the customer call you to validate the order. When querying an order, *you* should always call the customer.
    It sounds like the OP did actually call the customer - he said he called to verify the paypal order.