Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Jones
    What exactly is the point of getting a premium membership for just a $7 t-shirt?
    Exactly the point.
    Even previously, the ads weren't fully disabled ( you could turn off the ev1 ads), but at least they made it worthwhile, and had value in it. Now, all you get is a shirt.

move the premeon forums at the buttum of the forum..
    Yay, yet another spelling challenged individual. C&P works great you know.

As far as moving them, removing them altogether from the view of those of us who don't want to participate in the current scheme would be best. It can VERY easily be done.

As far as anyone "needing" WHT, well, that's a different story. A true and proper business doesn't NEED free advertising, and can survive just as easily without it.
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Jones
    The ads aren't removed if you're a premium member?

What exactly is the point of getting a premium membership for just a $7 t-shirt?
    We have our own reasons, and we do not need you or anybody else to continually ask us why we purchased PM. If it isn't for you, then don't buy it, but stop complaining about it. iNet isn't forcing you to buy Premium Membership, hell, you even got more features out of it (WYSIWYG editing and the ability to hide forums), so honestly, I don't see what the problem here is.

Alex
    Last edited by Alex; 12-23-2006 at 04:11 PM.

If it isn't for you, then don't buy it, but stop complaining about it
    Welcome to free discussion. Nobody's COMPLAINING about a thing, points are merely being made on both sides. Stop accusing individuals of complaining, belly aching, whining, or anything else. We don't come up to you and say "Hey, stop whining because we have an opinion" do we? No.

As far as your little "features", they are part of the default VB setup. So, now individuals are being forced to pay for default VB setups? Yeah, ok, right.

honestly, I don't see what the problem here is.
    The problem is COST vs BENEFIT
    What do you get out of it? A t-shirt. Realistically, that's it. Forget the hidden extra crap that's not necessary and just frivolous. It costs iNet nothing to give you, it is part of the default VB setup.

More forums? Yeah, we've all seen how well that worked. The only difference is now the non premium members now have to see these forums, which is pretty ridiculous.

The rest? Fluff, all fluff.

So, how does iNet choose to thank those claiming to want to "support" WHT? By giving them nothing at all, 1/4th (if that) of their money in tangible goods, the rest in stupid crap that's worthless.

The problem here is the refusal of individuals to see outside of the box or budge an inch. I've been on both sides of this particular fence, and will happily jump sides again IF and WHEN it's made realistic. As it sits right now, it's NOT realistic to expect individuals to pay $50 for premium membership.

Quote Originally Posted by linux-tech
    Welcome to free discussion. Nobody's COMPLAINING about a thing, points are merely being made on both sides. Stop accusing individuals of complaining, belly aching, whining, or anything else. We don't come up to you and say "Hey, stop whining because we have an opinion" do we? No.

As far as your little "features", they are part of the default VB setup. So, now individuals are being forced to pay for default VB setups? Yeah, ok, right.
    Please puts some thought into your posts before your senseless bashing. WHT does not have to follow the "default vB Setup", and saying they should grant users all permissions allowed by default in vBulletin is absurd. Certain vBulletin features are not necessary, but are very server intensive. If people have to pay for these features, it helps keep the server load down and only the dedicated members who really want the features will pay for them.

Also, you missed the point of what I said. Individuals no longer have (not forced) to pay to get extra features (like the ability to hide forums or WYSIWYG editing), that is now included free for everybody.

I fully agree with free discussion, however I have yet to see a new point against premium membership be made other than "we don't like it so we won't buy it", which is fine, except now we're at 3 pages (of 40 posts per page) of people saying "we don't like it so we won't buy it" with the occasional "you shouldn't buy it either". It is the attacking of my purchases that I do not like.

The problem is COST vs BENEFIT
    What do you get out of it? A t-shirt. Realistically, that's it. Forget the hidden extra crap that's not necessary and just frivolous. It costs iNet nothing to give you, it is part of the default VB setup.

More forums? Yeah, we've all seen how well that worked. The only difference is now the non premium members now have to see these forums, which is pretty ridiculous.
    Hide them. Also, iNet and the WHT Staff have already addressed that issue, by making all Premium Forums sub forums under one main Premium Forum, which you can hide if you want.

The rest? Fluff, all fluff.

So, how does iNet choose to thank those claiming to want to "support" WHT? By giving them nothing at all, 1/4th (if that) of their money in tangible goods, the rest in stupid crap that's worthless.

The problem here is the refusal of individuals to see outside of the box or budge an inch. I've been on both sides of this particular fence, and will happily jump sides again IF and WHEN it's made realistic. As it sits right now, it's NOT realistic to expect individuals to pay $50 for premium membership.
    Then how come some have? Are you implying we are just blind WHT lovers who will gladly through all our money at some company in Daytona that frankly none of us know much about (other than Pro Slacker maintains the servers, and Troy is the CEO)?

Again we come back to the same point: You think the "stupid crap" is useless. I respect your opinion, and therefore I will invite you to not purchase premium membership. iNet has brought Premium Membership back for those who want it. If you don't want it, you don't have to buy it.

Alex

Like someone else stated if the money went to something "good" (helping people) that would be a good cause for the $50. I was thinking about doing it just for "donation" nothing like I want a T-shirt (WHT helps me alot) I get to catch up on things and learn new things etc. But now I see it that I am not just giving money to whoever for "hey great forum" but to someone who is just taking all the profit to start up a new business. If it was 5%-10% to some type of good deed to an organization I will put the $50 down.

But if you don't like the whole Premium Membership simply do not buy it , is like buying something anywhere if you don't like it or simply do not find it logical to purchase you don't go and complain about it do you now? Just pass it on. Some people here have gone over their heads.

Can't we just accept some people want a nice grey bar under their name, some people what a shirt, some people want to show some support... and some people couldn't give a monkies? I can't see the need to get so personal about it

Premium memberships or not, it's the same WHT, the same users everyone loves (and hates)... and a great time of year for being jolly
    Alasdair
    Long time ex-host, ex-billing software owner/developer/support staff. Recent lurker.

Hide them.
    Non premium mebers shouldn't have to hide them, period.
    Also, iNet and the WHT Staff have already addressed that issue, by making all Premium Forums sub forums under one main Premium Forum, which you can hide if you want.
    No, they haven't. Had they been addressed properly, proper permissions would have been given to the forums so that only the proper groups saw them. They covered it up, they didn't address it.

No, they haven't. Had they been addressed properly, proper permissions would have been given to the forums so that only the proper groups saw them. They covered it up, they didn't address it.
    So you expect iNet and WHT Staff to roll over on their backs and allow you to dictate the way they run and the way they want to organize WHT? iNet and WHT worked with us to find a mutually acceptable solution for everybody.

Alex

Non premium mebers shouldn't have to hide them, period.

Nobody covered up anything. We absolutely did address the concern.

If you do not see a value in something, don't buy it.

You've said your piece (over and over again). Time to move on. Nothing in this thread for you.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SantaRevue
    Nobody covered up anything. We absolutely did address the concern.

If you do not see a value in something, don't buy it.

You've said your piece (over and over again). Time to move on. Nothing in this thread for you.

I do not see how it was addressed at all. If anything the product is worth less than before because of the things that were taken away.

Access to the other forum isn't much either, they were practically dead before and it will probably just take a month or so for that to happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by adam
    I do not see how it was addressed at all. If anything the product is worth less than before because of the things that were taken away.
    He is referring not to whatever features were wanted in the new Premium Membership, but to the Premium Forums being globally visible.

Alex

I would seriously watch out for this scam, I signed up for this just to get the shirt and mousepad, yet they never sent it, and apparently they dont to anyone, so just watch out as this is just a big SCAM.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated | Virtual Premium Servers
    Server Locations in: Dallas | Los Angeles | Singapore | Amsterdam

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney-E2
    I would seriously watch out for this scam, I signed up for this just to get the shirt and mousepad, yet they never sent it, and apparently they dont to anyone, so just watch out as this is just a big SCAM.
    I would seriously be concerned about labelling something a "scam" without mentioning these facts:

• With the previous Premium membership, the T-shirt (and maybe the mouse pad) came only with the annual membership. Some members who signed up for quarterly or other non-annual memberships complained that they didn't get a T-shirt when in fact it wasn't included with their memberships.
    • The items weren't necessarily mailed out immediately, and they were shipped by ground. Also, when mailing items to various parts of the world, delays can be expected, and the further something has to travel (the more times it has to change hands), the higher the chances of it being lost en route.
    • Members have posted in the Premium forums indicating that they did receive their T-shirts and mouse pads.

If you want to jump to the conclusion that because you didn't receive something, no one else did and therefore it's a scam, that's your choice. But if you're going to post about it, it's helpful to include the facts.

Lois
    "Do what you can, where you are, with what you have." – Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney-E2
    Did you sign up for their annual Premium Membership? How much did you pay when you signed up?

"SCAM" is a very harsh word and I very much doubt would be applicable in this situation.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bob
    Did you sign up for their annual Premium Membership? How much did you pay when you signed up?

"SCAM" is a very harsh word and I very much doubt would be applicable in this situation.
    Bob, your mind appears to be changing to the left side. Hope a banner will appear under your name before the Premium membership offer ends. (just kidding)
    Senior Server Administrator

I want to backup a point Aussie Bob made earlier. I also did mention this before in another threat.

Layout, design customization (including removing add blocks !!) or a faster service f.e by delivering the contents for premium users from a higher spec machine or faster technology like better XML, CSS etc. would be something that would appeal to me too.

The bigger Inbox certainly removes one annoying point, put isnt enough for me to shell out the 50$ a year.

Anyway I do believe before I can really evaluate if the premium service is worth it, I will probably be going for it for once to be able to see if it is worth it.

However I do believe one thing I found funny I saw a discussion about the Premium membership in the premium membership section.

"Premium benefit suggestions" http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...wpost&t=571336

If you put the discussion there than you are also not allowing non premium members to discuss about it, not sure if that is the right way to go. (its basically limiting the free speech concept in a capitalistic way).

Just my 0.02$.

(A voice in a million, so to say ;-)
    Last edited by valentin_nils; 12-25-2006 at 09:49 PM.
    __--- Nils Valentin ---
    ☆★☆ Speedtest One: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback
    ☆★☆ Speedtest Two: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback

If that thread is submitted away from the Premium membership session, then that will become another true copy of this thread

Hey beleive me, there are a lot of serious discussions going on that thread.

hey..is their something web2.0 flavor on the site for which i can pay mulla and get a premium tag and avoid those ugly ads on the left side..otherwise..i don't buy it.

Removal of ads is not an option at this time.

That would be great to have such option as a Premium member !

G
    PutFile.io — Disrupting traditional file hosting.
    █ Signup Early and enjoy Unlimited space/bandwidth for your files hosting, Forever!
    █ No Ads.
    █ No Countdowns.

Just wondering, any preview for the t-shirt made available yet in case I missed it?
    Very excited for it

Cheers
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Get rid of the adds for premium membership and you have my hand in the air. Otherwise it's not worth it.

Regards,

Joel

The Premium Membership area could definitely use some additional content/activity.
    AppLogic Grid Hosting
    Virtual Datacenters For Scalable Web Applications
    Tier 4 Datacenter | 365 Main | Internap

t-shirt preview indeed would be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by James L
    t-shirt preview indeed would be interesting
    Preview attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails whttfront.jpg   whttback.jpg  

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast