Question Looking for good foreign hosting --> Not Holland

Hey there!
    I am looking for a good way to have a .nl domain.
    I need the specs below:

-50 mb+ webspace
    -5+ gb
    -php/mysql
    -Enough POP3 Email Accounts
    -some other basic things...

Now, I think to get this hosting is is much to expensive in Holland. So I am looking for a good deal.
    I found Aletiahosting.com, but read some reviews about it on this forum, using the search function.

The thing they offer (Essential plan) sounds very good, nice price, etc.
    And I found a Dutch registar, so I can have it all on my .nl domain.

Can anyone give me any suggestions, of how to do this?

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by boffers; 06-25-2002 at 11:50 AM.

Boffers,

We have clients in Holland, but have found that the regulations concerning .nl domains basically mean it's very difficult for a non-Dutch hosting company to host a .nl domain (you need to have a Dutch partner company, which means added cost... etc).

My suggestion would be to either switch to a .com domain (or similar) or to have a "minimal" site on your .nl domain at the lowest hosting cost possible and use it as a gateway to your "real" site on a domain that can be hosted anywhere.
    Chris at TDMWeb.com
    Windows & Linux hosting and fully managed dedicated servers with great customer service!
    UK-based but serving the world...

Right- so that is why I am asking. It is possible for me to have a .nl address, and set the dns to a foreign hoster.

But this is the thing- which hoster

Aletia- those specs look good, but are there any other hosting companies like this, around the same prices? Any experiences of people hosting there sites?

Register a .nl domainname with a dutch registrar, and let them point the name to your foreign hoster.

A good company will ask for the DNS names when you register a domainname.

I can recommend you nxs (http://www.nxs.nl)
    You're reading my signature, can't you do something useful?

Mmm, only 12 + 18 = 30 euro's a year, that sounds good. I was planning to let the .nl registar be Shock Media, but then it will cost me 44 euro a year, which isn't too bad..

But what are they really good foreign hosting companies? Is Aletia pretty good? Do you suggest others?

What about the difference between these 3 hosters:
    - http://www.rochenhost.com
    - http://aletiahosting.com/
    - http://www.voxtreme.com/

Which one do you suggest? Thank you

Voxtreme.

Support is fast (I e-mailed them a while back with some pre-sales questions).
    Matt (one of the owners) is a very friendly and professionally guy.
    You're reading my signature, can't you do something useful?

Any other opinions?

Can somebody give the uptime of the 3 called above?

Boffers,

Please go to http://www.maxes.nl , they have the lowest price in domain registration in the Netherlands (10 per domain). I know they are good, I work there myself (as a site designer, so I am not making promotion for myself ). You can call the owner, Ron, anytime (during work hours) for questions. They are proven the cheapest registrar, and of high quality. You can host with them too, they have a super fast network (I have touched the servers myself, all in good shape). They have about 10ms ping, really fast. Please give them a try!

By the way, lots of "Hollanders" around here

Jacco
    Wordpress website builder (Build Your Own Money Site) and hosting enthusiast. I test cloud hosters for speed :-). Currently working on HIPAA HQ, Let's Grind Some Coffee and Build Your Own Web Store.

Originally posted by Blikje
    Please go to http://www.maxes.nl , they have the lowest price in domain registration in the Netherlands (10 per domain).
    That does seem pretty reasonable
    Chris Adams - CEO - Rochen Ltd. - chris (at) rochen (dot) com

Now offering both US & UK premium business hosting, reseller hosting and managed virtualized services.
    rochen.com | rochen.co.uk | blog.rochen.com | forums.rochen.com | Twitter: @rochenhost

Originally posted by boffers
    Can somebody give the uptime of the 3 called above?
    Rochen Host - 100% uptime since about 2 weeks ago when we rebooted the Windows 2000 server to install Cold Fusion 5. Our primary Linux server has been up: 4 days. It was rebooted to fix some errors occurring with FP extensions. Before that reboot the server had been up around 20 days or more without down time

Now offering both US & UK premium business hosting, reseller hosting and managed virtualized services.
    rochen.com | rochen.co.uk | blog.rochen.com | forums.rochen.com | Twitter: @rochenhost

Thanks,
    looks pretty good Rochen
    Only too bad you don't get an IP address within the package.
    I read some pretty good reactions about Rochen, unlike Aletia. I saw you are pretty active on this forum, which is a good thing.

My question is- because, probably I will take care of my own .nl domain, can I get any discount? Or do you say no
    (also counts for the other hosters )

Edit: Btw can I see an admin control panel demo?
    Is that the place where you can read your webmail?

There are a lot of host that provide hosting for .nl domains.

I would go for Voxtreme out of the three.

Thanks,
    looks pretty good Rochen
    Only too bad you don't get an IP address within the package.
    I read some pretty good reactions about Rochen, unlike Aletia. I saw you are pretty active on this forum, which is a good thing.

My question is- because, probably I will take care of my own .nl domain, can I get any discount? Or do you say no
    (also counts for the other hosters )

Edit: Btw can I see an admin control panel demo?
    Is that the place where you can read your webmail?
    Please feel free to email our sales team via: [email protected] or contact myself personally via the below (in signature) email address.

It is probably best to keep our pre sales questions off the board as I think it's against the rules. If you could fire us off a quick email it would be much appreciated

I already did, before posting my message
    But in the message, I have more questions :-)

Btw- you are very fast with your replies!
    Last edited by Odd Fact; 11-30-2004 at 12:44 PM.

I have responded to your questions in the above post, however we don't seem to have received your email.

Strange, I sent it by the contact form on the website.

Thanks, I'll reply to the mail!

There isn't by accident a supportforum on rochenhost.com right?

There isn't by accident a supportforum on rochenhost.com right?
    Nope, that is a sales form I just tested it and all seems to be working, I am not too sure why it didn't work for you though.