View Poll Results: Hyperspin vs. Website Pulse-Which one is better?(post below too)

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hypersin

3 100.00%
  • Website Pulse

0 0%

hyperspin vs. websitepulse

Can someone explain the pro's and con's of Hyperspin's monitoring services to websitepulse's monitoring services. I'm currently with hyperspin and my subscription is ending soon and websitepulse is going to match hyperspin's prices.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks
    Host In Us Web Hosting Services | www.hostinus.com
    Premium Enterprise Shared Web Hosting
    Less than 80 Customers per server!
    Try us out! We want to earn your business.

I would prefer a provider based in the US of A and hyperspin is not.

If no one has used either of these providers, can you suggest another one that is reasonably priced and reliable?

Did you try siteuptime.com? They are cheaper then above and do the job very well.

I don't know what features hyperspin and wsp have that siteuptime does not; but if you need monitoring, you will get your monitoring with them.
    All My Data From small shared web hosting accounts to powerful dedicated servers.
    Now offering Affordable UNIX shells and IRCd hosting!

Quote Originally Posted by Stacie
    Did you try siteuptime.com? They are cheaper then above and do the job very well.

I don't know what features hyperspin and wsp have that siteuptime does not; but if you need monitoring, you will get your monitoring with them.
    Did you try it personally?

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity70
    Did you try it personally?
    Did I try what personally?
    All My Data From small shared web hosting accounts to powerful dedicated servers.
    Now offering Affordable UNIX shells and IRCd hosting!

Websitepulse has more features. We have used them for over a year ansd are very satisfied.
    Only Websitepulse and Alertra offered the features we wanted, hyperspin (at that time) was lacking the feature we were looking for.
    ReflexNetworks means Happy Clients!

Quote Originally Posted by andren
    Websitepulse has more features. We have used them for over a year ansd are very satisfied.
    Only Websitepulse and Alertra offered the features we wanted, hyperspin (at that time) was lacking the feature we were looking for.
    Thanks

What features were you looking for that Hyperspin did not have?

Hyperspin gets my vote, we used WSP for a while until they started bombing out on us, started waking me at 3am for nothing more than lag on their end, happened for roughly 4 days, yet, our server sat humming away perfectly fine. How can they be relied on to monitor the uptime of someones site, when they have a dodgy working site of their own? I didnt expect them to be perfect, but 4 days in a row was the final straw. Hyperspin, used them for roughly 2-3 months and had no problems to report, although not used them as long we did WSP as yet, they have been quite consistant and good value for money.
    IT Support - Business Hosting & VOIP Solutions Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by prontohost
    Hyperspin gets my vote, we used WSP for a while until they started bombing out on us, started waking me at 3am for nothing more than lag on their end, happened for roughly 4 days, yet, our server sat humming away perfectly fine. How can they be relied on to monitor the uptime of someones site, when they have a dodgy working site of their own? I didnt expect them to be perfect, but 4 days in a row was the final straw. Hyperspin, used them for roughly 2-3 months and had no problems to report, although not used them as long we did WSP as yet, they have been quite consistant and good value for money.
    Is it possible WSP detected connectivity problems, maybe through a different backbone then what you were using to access it....?

No, they were suppose to use "multiple checking points" to ensure no false positives, which failed to help, many hosts experienced the same upset, around april/may.

I've used hyperspin for over 2 years now without 1 incident in a 24/7 operation that I guess is close to an enterprise solution. I've never had one false positive response. We have our monitoring set to email only during business hours, and then SMS from 5pm - 7am. Their setup of back checking if one of their sites reports you as being down is top notch and prevents false positive paging at 3am from lag on a route that may be seeing a change management on a router somewhere.

You had said you didn't like that they weren't in the USA but did you look at their network monitoring grid? 5/10 of their monitoring sites are located in the U.S. and cover the main 3 time zones.

I'm not familiar with the other one at all, but its rare for me to say I'm 100% satisfied with a service but hyperspin has given us exactly what we've needed to this point.

Quote Originally Posted by HIU-Jay
    Thanks

What features were you looking for that Hyperspin did not have?
    Phone Alerts
    ReflexNetworks means Happy Clients!

they will send SMS to your phone.

as a backup we have a server room monitor that cost abour $400 and gives us a phone call if we lose power or the temperature goes above a certain threshhold.

Hyperspins phone alert system was brill, not great when you receive one right enough.. as that means big trouble.. but the pure customisation of it, from using templates to make the voice say what server was down, when it went down, how long its been down, the next time it will be checked, and the protocol procedures that you should follow, spot on! but as i said, the false positive were too much, im unsure if that was just one period and has never happened again but i like my sleep too much to find out, if im getting out of bed after a whole 14 hour shift... i want a good reason, not to beed told, oops, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by prontohost
    Hyperspins phone alert system was brill, not great when you receive one right enough.. as that means big trouble.. but the pure customisation of it, from using templates to make the voice say what server was down, when it went down, how long its been down, the next time it will be checked, and the protocol procedures that you should follow, spot on! but as i said, the false positive were too much, im unsure if that was just one period and has never happened again but i like my sleep too much to find out, if im getting out of bed after a whole 14 hour shift... i want a good reason, not to beed told, oops, my bad.
    how was your configured? As I said in 2 years and multiple racks I've never encountered one false positive. We have ours setup to customize the message and tell us which service of the web application is down and its worked spot on so far.

We also run weekly tests of it during our maintenance windows and all the notifications have been dead on within 30 seconds of us going down.