Thread: Veggiehost.com

Veggiehost.com

They say on there website that setting up a vps will take between 24-48 hours. I am going on 51 hours. I have sent in a support ticket that has gone unanswer for over 24 hours now. As anyone else had any problems out of this. i am not sure if i just slipt threw the cracks or if i have been taken on a ride. I am started to get worried that i have been screwed out of my VPS. Any thoughts.

P.S. i normaly do not post something like this on here but i have ran out of ideas.

Well definitely a cause for concern I would think.
    Do you know for sure your payment went through, etc.?

veggiehost..dont think Ive heard that name (unusual!)
    Where did you find this host?
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

It depends on how you pay / paid. If you paid by cheque and or similar then it takes longer according to the FAQ.

Have you exhausted their support area options?

The FAQ is abit weired or is an error as it says:
    How often do you take a backup for the VPS?:
    We took weekly backups on all of our VPSes. If you need to retrive it, feel free to submit a ticket.

The FAQ (outlined above) speaks as past tense
    ┣▇▇▇═─√v^√v^√♥
    - Proudly Hosted By: NetworkPanda.

Sounds like a host for vegetarians....

Hmm, did you do any research on them before signing up?
    Well, maybe this will be sorted out, keep us posted!
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

I cannot get to the support center right now. But i have proof that payment went threw. I paid by paypal. I had enough money in my paypal account. So the funds where transfered as soon as i paid them. As to answer your question encoderZ. i have sent in one support ticket to there billing department yesterday morning. and still today no response. I don't know if i should try sales and tech support tickets. but those are the only option. I saw there post here. So i thought they would be safe. But i guess i could be wrong.

I'd try all avenues in a polite but, concerned manner.

They appear to be a small personal host obviously using server(s) at SterlingNetwork.

If you get no joy after exhausting the other email addresses I would email the datacenter direct and raise your concerns.

PayPal also have disputes resolution for getting money back for services not received but, paid for if you need it as a last resort.

Good luck and please keep us fully informed.
    ┣▇▇▇═─√v^√v^√♥

Well his user name here: skatewhale
    Last Activity: 12-13-2006 11:33 PM
    Maybe a PM to him would get you help.
    Thats frustrating.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

All I know about veggiehost is that they spammed forum2.co.uk a wile back. Most of the posts have been deleted but I found this one was still there. http://www.forum2.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=8484
    MK Hosting - Reliable Affordable UK Hosting Since 2005
    www.mkhosting.co.uk
    Shared Hosting - Reseller hosting - Dedicated Servers - VPS - Colocation - IT Services

If I judge the host by the naming ..... they should be a slow growing veggie ....

Maybe you should try one of the animal hosts, next time.

Falcon should be faster than veggie.
    http://falconhosting.net/

Fox must have more brain than veggie.
    http://www.foxhosting.net/

For jump starting, frog can be a good choice.
    http://hostfrog.com/

heard anything yet? Have you gotten a response?
    Zero Unit Hosting - 24/7 support, PHP, MySQL, site builder, script library
    Web Host Friend Online Hosting Directory - Submit Your Site!

plz update here as soon as you get response

Quote Originally Posted by EncoderZ

If you get no joy after exhausting the other email addresses I would email the datacenter direct and raise your concerns.

Please don't do that. Its not the datacenter's fault and you aren't their customer.

Any datacenter that would get involved in a dispute or issue between their client and their client's client is one that I would have SERIOUS concerns about doing business with.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina
    Please don't do that. Its not the datacenter's fault and you aren't their customer.

Any datacenter that would get involved in a dispute or issue between their client and their client's client is one that I would have SERIOUS concerns about doing business with.
    I understand what you are saying but, despite that I would complain (if required) to the hosts DC. Not to get involved but, to raise my concern(s).

I would think a DC would be interested if any of their clients are doing 'questionable' behaviour and it was brought to their attention.

Same if a host was spamming, has phishing site(s) ... etc and they failed to respond.
    ┣▇▇▇═─√v^√v^√♥

Same if a host was spamming, has phishing site(s) ... etc and they failed to respond.
    That is totally different and really can't be compared at all.

What you are saying here is like contacting a host and complaining because one of the sites they host didn't mail out the product you ordered. If you get bad phone support from a host, do you suggest complaining to their phone provider? In both cases you are complaining to the wrong people, it has absolutely nothing to do with them.
    Last edited by Wullie; 12-16-2006 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YetiHost-Wullie
    That is totally different and really can't be compared at all.

What you are saying here is like contacting a host and complaining because one of the sites they host didn't mail out the product you ordered. If you get bad phone support from a host, do you suggest complaining to their phone provider? In both cases you are complaining to the wrong people, it has absolutely nothing to do with them.
    I'm speaking in context of the OP concerns.

If I paid for hosting and it wasn't set-up but, payment was taken and the host didn't answer my queries after a reasonable amount of time then yes I would certainly be contacting the DC to raise my concerns and I see nothing wrong with that path at all.

I would however first use the hosts contact paths and or PayPal disputes avenue.
    ┣▇▇▇═─√v^√v^√♥

I'm speaking in context of the OP concerns.
    But all you are doing is giving them false hope, because there is absolutely nothing the DC can (or should) do about it.

If I paid for hosting and it wasn't set-up but, payment was taken and the host didn't answer my queries after a reasonable amount of time then yes I would certainly be contacting the DC to raise my concerns and I see nothing wrong with that path at all.
    As I asked, if you got bad support from a host over the phone, would you contact their phone provider to complain? If you see that a host uses Dell servers, would you contact Dell to tell them about your problem with the host? These are no different, you are telling the OP to contact people that have nothing to do with the transaction and have no legal basis for getting involved, you would be as well dialing random numbers on your phone and telling those people.

As of 0800 Hours i have heard nothing from them. I am going to be contacting paypal this afternoon to get a refund.

@ YetiHost-Wullie:

I advised the OP to contact all host contact avenues and or then PayPal disputes and a secondary to maybe contact the DC. I never gave any false hope in that if you contact the DC you could get a refund hence my former advise.

I will stay in context of the OP query as this has the threat of going OT.

Kind regards
    ┣▇▇▇═─√v^√v^√♥

Quote Originally Posted by John West
    As of 0800 Hours i have heard nothing from them. I am going to be contacting paypal this afternoon to get a refund.
    Thank you for keeping us updated - appreciated.

I am confident that PayPal disputes will resolve this.

Good luck in finding a new provider and have a good search on WHT and or use WHT HostQuote.

It's crying shame what some hosts do!
    ┣▇▇▇═─√v^√v^√♥

Thank you for keeping us updated - appreciated.

I am confident that PayPal disputes will resolve this.

Good luck in finding a new provider and have a good search on WHT and or use WHT HostQuote.

It's crying shame what some hosts do!

Its a non-tangible good and not covered under Paypal's dispute policy. They will side with the host. The host may come to their senses though and allow the refund.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

All Right Here is the final update. Everything has worked out. I finally got in touch with them. They have claimed to sent out the welcome email yesterday. Which i never got it. I got my support tickets answered. I am going to give them a try since i finally got the welcome email and stuff. Thank you for all your ideas.