Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Liquidweb Support has slowed down

Hi,

For the last 2-3 months I have noticed that liquidweb support has slowed down a lot. May be they are short of staff...but for sure they are not like before.

I have one VPS and one 2 good dedicated servers with them. 2 days back my VPS encountered a resolv.conf issue. I issued a support ticket. The guy replied me domain is not resolving. Now I know that answer. I wanted to know the IPs to be used in resolv.conf, so that I can set them. I waited for it for few hours, then had to call Liquidwed from India to know those IPs. Now thats too much...first you have to issue a support ticket, then you have remind them about it by calling them.

Then its does not stop there, I have an issue with outlook express not downloading mails from the server after this DNS issue. I reminded them quite a few times, but only one reply. Issue is still alive ...after 2 days of no reply I am bound to think the followings:

1) I pay them close to 750 USD for 2 dedicated server and one VPS. Don't I deserve a more promt and accurate response?

2) Have I lost my importance as a customer with liquidweb since they have grown very big now?

Guys let me know am I right or wrong? Share your latest experience with Liquidweb.

Thanks
    Krish

Quote Originally Posted by robertson
    Guys let me know am I right or wrong? Share your latest experience with Liquidweb.
    Nope.... pretty much dead on. Not a real happy camper right now.

I've had a couple of tickets that seem to just linger on and on... there are a few very solid folks there, who are very responsive and very clueful. Hoping this is just a short term thing and that support will get better.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Exactly.....I am with them close to 2 years...really happy...but recently there have been some issue.

Also I noticed old support guys don't reply anymore and support slow down is quite coincidental with new Datacenter opening by liquidweb.

Just hoping that things will get better soon.

Krish

I had noticed something similar since the new DC opened too. I put it down to the re-organisation and new setup etc. May also have something to do with all the new signups with the extra promos that have been running.

We have been with them coming on 12 months and all but recently the response time has been terrific.

I agree their support tickets are much slower now, but I'm still very satisfied when compering them to other data centers. I just stopped oppening tickets and simply call them when there is a problem, they normally fix it while i'm on the phone.

If you are out side of the US, maybe you can use a voIP to call them, Skype its very inexpensive and can be used for emergencies like this.
    Jorge Campos | WBpro
    Web Building Professionals
    www.wbpro.com

Yeah it is good to phone them as they respond very quickly.

Only costs me 1 cent a min from Melbourne .

Their support is no longer a reason for joining them, and also the reason I am changing server providers. Obvious replies to support tickets, unanswered questions, and continually having to follow things up, I really can't be bothered anymore.

As with most companies, as they get larger, customer support and valuation generally decreases unfortunately. I don't know if it will recover as they continuously expand.

--edit--

and yes I was until not too long ago a customer of theirs.

Where are people moving to and is the support any different?

I know that softlayer provides support for 3$ per incident. Thats a very reasonable price.

What kind of support do people need all the time?
    I'm a complete freebsd noob and I've contacted leaseweb support two times over 3 months, now that everything is running stable I don't see a reason to contact support at all..

Where are people moving to and is the support any different?
    same question...

if people are dropping liquidweb...where are they going?

Guys,
    I am happy to look into any of these tickets personally. Please send me the ticket numbers that have received slow response.

Based on our internal numbers, this is simply not the case. Our support times have improved drastically over the past 4 months.

Please send your ticket numbers so that we can examine the disconnect between our improvement in numbers and your alleged slow responses.
    Travis Stoliker
    Liquid Web - Dedicated Hosting with Heroic Support
    StormOnDemand - Flexible Cloud Hosting Infrastructure
    1-800-580-4985 | Twitter: @liquidweb | @StormOnDemand

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidWebTravis
    Guys,
    I am happy to look into any of these tickets personally. Please send me the ticket numbers that have received slow response.

Based on our internal numbers, this is simply not the case. Our support times have improved drastically over the past 4 months.

Please send your ticket numbers so that we can examine the disconnect between our improvement in numbers and your alleged slow responses.
    Our support times have improved drastically over the past 4 months.

Travis that is quote worrying especially since many people are reporting the same thing, yet you are indicating it is improving.

I personally felt quite annoyed a few months ago when I literally had to back the support member into a corner before he actually told me that the SNMP port was firewalled. It took quite awhile after me showing several tcpdump samples and so on, instead of simply telling me first time around it was firewalled at the network. Which was ultimately why those 2 servers were canceled.

I am sure you guys will work it out but it's quite worrying that you are reporting it improving.
    Server Management - AdminGeekZ.com
    Infrastructure Management, Web Application Performance, mySQL DBA. System Automation.
    WordPress/Magento Performance, Apache to Nginx Conversion, Varnish Implimentation, DDoS Protection, Custom Nginx Modules
    Check our wordpress varnish plugin. Contact us for quote: sales@admingeekz.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scott.Mc
    Our support times have improved drastically over the past 4 months.

Travis that is quote worrying especially since many people are reporting the same thing, yet you are indicating it is improving.

I personally felt quite annoyed a few months ago when I literally had to back the support member into a corner before he actually told me that the SNMP port was firewalled. It took quite awhile after me showing several tcpdump samples and so on, instead of simply telling me first time around it was firewalled at the network. Which was ultimately why those 2 servers were canceled.

I am sure you guys will work it out but it's quite worrying that you are reporting it improving.
    Scott.Mc,
    I think you misunderstood what I meant by "Improving."

Can you please send me the ticket number (or hostname) of the issue that you are referencing so that I can examine your experience?

Liquid Web has a commitment to continual improvement. We will never stop improving our support. I'm sorry that this worries you but it is important to our clients.
    Travis Stoliker

Time is not a good indicator of your support "improving."

How about you fix the "quality" of your support and then say it is "improving."

Quote Originally Posted by MeddlePAL
    Time is not a good indicator of your support "improving."

How about you fix the "quality" of your support and then say it is "improving."

MeddlePal,
    Of course time is not the only indication of support improving. However, this thread is about "slow down." We do NOT only focus on speed and I never implied that.

If you have a ticket that you feel was not "quality" please tell me ASAP.
    Travis Stoliker

Has anyone's issue been resolved since then? I am thinking about going for a Dedicated with Liquidweb and feedback from WHT members will affect my decision.

Thanks

In general you will find it hard to beat LW's service. There was just a dip while the new data center was being setup but everything looks like its back to being the best again.

Thanks for the feedback. I have high expectations for support as I am a Servint customer and they are really good at it. I'll be happy if this is the case

Hi Travis,

Well...my server went down again for the same DNS issue that was reported while openeing this thread. I called up DC, and spoke to someone(can't really hear the name as there were too much noise) . He said he will look into it immediately and inform me via email about it. But I haven't received any response, more over I can't login into WHM/Cpanel via IP as well now.

Whats going on Travis?...same issue within 4-5 days....server is down for more than 12 hours including both days....today its already down for more than 4 hours.

Please look at support ticket id 537876 and 544318 , you will understand that I am not alleging slow response. Your administrator himself has confessed it.

I love liquidweb, but truth is that response really have slowed down. Earlier I used to get response within 30 mins of opening a ticket, now sometime I have to call them to remind them about my ticket. Also earlier you have been proactive, not any more.

Since my server went down, I would rather expect a proactive response because its in your support policy and thats why I am with liquidweb. But that proactiveness is missing now.

Hope you guys improve...because support is the most important issue in hosting industry...I hope you know that.

Thanks
    Krish

Hi,

For the last 2-3 months I have noticed that liquidweb support has slowed down a lot. May be they are short of staff...but for sure they are not like before.
    every provider this time of the year, support may slow down reason being of increase of sales and support.

I'm sure they will be back to normal soon

Hey,

My issue got resolved now....I love Liquidweb, my only concern was slow down in response, which may be due to variety of factors.

Otherwise I can vouch that Liquidweb is one of the best available here.

Many Thanks
    Krish

Hey,

My issue got resolved now....I love Liquidweb, my only concern was slow down in response, which may be due to variety of factors.

Otherwise I can vouch that Liquidweb is one of the best available here.

Many Thanks
    Krish
    Glad things are working again. So what caused the 2nd outtage and how long were you down for?

Well..well...I have a third outrage ..server went down again...Looks like DNS issue...resolv.conf getting screwed up time and again...Hope will be up soon

Last time I guess they had some hardware issue as they had to change the server..and copy from backup. Last time I was down for around 5 hours.

Krish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast