Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Oh my. HostFrog - you so rock in my book now. We should team up and form the Da'Gum and Gumit Hosting Society.

hehe, yup it would be a big hit man I am sure of it
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Quote Originally Posted by HostFrog
    I agre with this Da'Gumit
    Wouldn't be such a bad idea if I could wipe everyone off, let them move somewhere nice for a while.. And for the ones who wanted to stay.. Agree to hold me harmless and not responsible for finances previous to the date of change-over.. So that I wouldn't be responsible for all the roj/rick outtages.

Quote Originally Posted by CEngine
    Wouldn't be such a bad idea if I could wipe everyone off, let them move somewhere nice for a while.. And for the ones who wanted to stay.. Agree to hold me harmless and not responsible for finances previous to the date of change-over.. So that I wouldn't be responsible for all the roj/rick outtages.
    I would talk to rick about that CE, that is a great idea

Quote Originally Posted by HostFrog
    I would talk to rick about that CE, that is a great idea
    Wouldn't be my place to speak of such a thing. Not to mention, I couldn't really handle that kind of a venture finance-wise.. Packages would have to change, price would need restructured, and pre-payments would be needed to keep things orderly and green financialwise and not red.

Not against the idea though.. I just think the customers should be the ones to suggest what needs done. Not me. If you guys want to email him, go right ahead. I've got to know where my place is.

unfortunately - even if we wanted to email rick - he wouldn't respond.

Quote Originally Posted by jerett
    Shhh! Don't tell everyone the secret.

Quote Originally Posted by jerett
    yeah I see where you are coming from.

Wondering when CE is going to have it up to HERE with the non communication

Um, I am sure he already is...along with folks like me too.. we're just attempting to be patient and wait this out. Unfortunately I am looking at having to redesign a few sites at my cost to host at our new provider. Lovely.

still no reply from rick..........

i have over 14 domain hosted there......now totally gone i want back all the data...

It looks like migration is over and things should cool down for the year.

Lets see what happens within the month
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud | YardVPS - Storage VPS
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    Los Angeles, CA | Dallas, TX | Ashburn, VA | London, UK | Amsterdam, NL | Johannesburg, ZA

i dont tink so migration is over...my 14 domain still in old server...
    they just migrated my main account only......

There is one server that says 99% done.

If your able to login into the old server login and grab your files.
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud | YardVPS - Storage VPS
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    Los Angeles, CA | Dallas, TX | Ashburn, VA | London, UK | Amsterdam, NL | Johannesburg, ZA

Perhaps CE can get the rest migrated over for you?

There is one server that says 99% done.

If your able to login into the old server login and grab your files.
    I don't know about that.

Quote Originally Posted by CEngine
    Even though the status page says it's been 100% migrated.. Some haven't.

Hi Hostfrog,

I was just basing it on their note last updated Dec. 31, 2006.

Node 106 (the node all of our sites are on, about 20 of them) shows to be fully migrated and the instructions say to update our nameservers. We did this to all but one domain (the one is controlled by a client) and over 90% of the updated domains are not online at all. The one domain that has not had its nameservers updated is also down.

100% completed really does not mean complete as far as we can see at this time.

nobody from...var ...is giving me respond....at least give me access the server to grab the file.. T_T all totally gone..

Node 103

Does anyone know the old nameserver ip addresses for node 103? I am going to try and see if the old hardware will still work for an ftp backup... Long shot though.

I don't know, sorry. For me on node106 I used a main domain for my nameserver addresses. ns1.webbstreet.net, etc.

Just had a quick skip through this post. Sorry to hear VarHosting still aint fixed up and running, Hope you guys get things sorted soon, if any VarHosting staff read this, Good luck guys!
    The Hosting Heroes Ltd - over 20 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers | VPS Reseller for WHMCS
    www.thehostingheroes.com

I've been with Varhosting for a couple years now and yes, I've had my share of troubles during that time. The old support staff left much to be desired. That being said I'd like to say the new staff has their hands full. I'm just as frustrated as everyone else with the migration, but its my understanding that when Rick took over there were many problems with Vars servers that Roj never disclosed. Now this guy has a ton of work to sort out that he shouldn't have too. Migration would have went far smoother had the servers been in proper order.

I was actually able to get in touch with Rick and he spent a couple hours getting my sites back up. He was able to get most everything back to working order, but I did have to give him a call the next day for a few DNS issues. Again he stayed on the phone with me for another hour or so, until it was all sorted out.

For all the unforeseen problems and the lack of Roj disclosing them, this guy deserves a pat on the back. He's certainly got the short stick in having to clean up Roj's mess. Keep plugin away Rick.

Quote Originally Posted by haggggler

For all the unforeseen problems and the lack of Roj disclosing them, this guy deserves a pat on the back. He's certainly got the short stick in having to clean up Roj's mess. Keep plugin away Rick.
    Its good to hear comments like this on WHT! good to see Rick is helping you out!
    The Hosting Heroes Ltd - over 20 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers | VPS Reseller for WHMCS
    www.thehostingheroes.com

Wow, how were you able to speak with Rick on the phone? We have about 20 accounts that are affected currently with VARHosting.

hmmm your first post on WHT, and you claim that you can get in touch with Rich, he put your sites back online and everything is gravey. Well you may want to share exactly how you are the only one able to get through to Rick so his other customers could spend a few hours on the phone getting their sites back online.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast