New Host needed - recommendations

Looking for a new host asap.

Much more concerned with reliability and dependability. In other words willing to spen more money to go with a "A" rated company then a "C" rated company.

Requirements:
    Linux, Apache (w/access to logs), CGI/Perl, PHP, MySQL, SSH prefered over FTP if possible

4 domains - 3 static web pages (very small), 1 dynamic w/MySQL

Server:
    At least 4gig of storage but like most things more is better
    Transfer of a minimum of 150gig/month (2-4 million unique page views per month and growing)

If I can stay at $100/month or less that would make me happy.

Thanx
    Steven

Are you wanting these 4 domains to have individual functionality such as their own cpanel, email, etc?

I would say a reseller would be a better choice for you with your space and bandwidth requirements.

You don't really have to resell the space, but it provides more diskspace and bandwidth in many cases.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

I would say a good size reseller plan or possibly a small VPS depending on your own preferance (whether you are able to / want to manage a server, your need for more privacy etc).

Either way $100 is a lot more that you'll end up paying. You should expect to pay about $15/Mo for a reseller with a reputable company or $35 for a VPS with a reputable company for your requirements.

Most cpanel hosts provide what you need except the SSH, I would suggest a VPS or Reseller account in your case.
    Web Hosting by Brontobytes

Quote Originally Posted by VT6
    You should expect to pay about $15/Mo for a reseller with a reputable company
    I don't know about all that, being that the bandwidth requirements are a little on the high side.

I used to use Hostgator as a reseller before jumping to PowerVPS for a VPS. Now we run dedicated servers but those two mentioned are able to provide lots of support where needed

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HostFrog
    Are you wanting these 4 domains to have individual functionality such as their own cpanel, email, etc?
    Yes they are individual sites. As for how they are controlled it does not matter. I am so used to command line access as root that this is new/foreign to me at the moment.

So you haven't used anything like cpanel, plesk, helm, etc?

Nope, never have seen or used any of those. Previously I hosted out of my house on my own network. Being a network engineer I had no problem. Now my hardware is starting to get dated and really do not want to sink thousands in to updating things so figure it is time to move to a hosting solution.

Yes they are individual sites. As for how they are controlled it does not matter. I am so used to command line access as root that this is new/foreign to me at the moment.
    I get the feeling you'll fel more "at home" with a VPS than a shared hosting account. You can do your own server administration so you can opt for cheaper, unmanaged VPSes. A VPS will also give you some protection from the possibility of having your account suspended for server resources abuse. Given your stated maximum budget, you can easily afford a good VPS.

(2-4 million unique page views per month and growing)
    You have quite a bit of traffic there! Congrats!

I would also suggest going with a VPS. With that amount of traffic and that budget it appears to be a good solution IMO.
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

When choosing a VPS as others recommended above, if you're using a control panel, make sure to purchase enough RAM. A guaranteed minimum of RAM (not just 'burstable') that exceeds recommendations will likely bring increased stability in a VPS environment, among other factors. Good luck
    PolurNET Communications
    █ Avoid the Freeze, Enjoy the Breeze! █ A federally incorporated Canadian company at your service since 2004
    Proudly #1 on WebHostingJury and #1 on NamePros.com, the largest domain forum on the web!
    US/UK VPS+ @ ExcellentHost Enterprises || MSSQL 2008/IIS7 @ HostOptima.com || PremiumHost.com soon!

If you have that big of a budget and you only plan on hosting these four sites, getting a VPS may be a good solution for you - you can get one with good specs, maybe even get it managed too, to host these four sites - it may work out very well for you
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

Is it most of your traffic PHP/Mysql based? I mean, is it that site the one who gets more visits?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

I recomend getting a dedicated. You would have full power .etc With lots of bandwidth there with potential growth...not trying to advertise, but contact me I could help you out..

www.wattproxy.info

Some vps accounts also limit number of processes running.
    Better check that before ordering.
    Good reseller account or dedicated should be ok for you.
    Pro-net-hosting.com - www.pro-net-hosting.com
    Pro hosting solutions since april 2003.