Anyone use WebTrends?

Is worth the money? How are your experiences?

Did I post at the wrong forum?
    Wordpress website builder (Build Your Own Money Site) and hosting enthusiast. I test cloud hosters for speed :-). Currently working on HIPAA HQ, Let's Grind Some Coffee and Build Your Own Web Store.

Originally posted by Blikje
    Did I post at the wrong forum?
    I don't thnk you really posted in the wrong forum I just dont think alot of people use Webtrends when there are so many free solutions out there.

i'll try to help a little. first of all it needs to be installed on the server level. so you have to have a dedicated box.

i've installed and used it at my previous web development company and I liked it. it has lot's of charts and graphs and gives statistics on about everything you would want to know (again, this depends on which product you are getting, i think webtrends offers like 2 or 3 different lines depending on size of business. We used the corporte edition) honestly, though, i wouldn't buy it myself. just a little too pricy, unless i had an ecomerce site like amazon (well, maybe not that big but you get the idea)

as the previous person said, there are a lot of free solutions out there, plus if you are not that big or are just starting out, i have found that even webalizer that's in Cpanel works just fine.

they do let you download a trial. so try it out. takes like half a day of less to set up and get running. very easy to do.

hope that helps.

oh yeah, i think it's a windows only thing...unless they've developed or ported a unix version
    Last edited by hostasia; 06-26-2002 at 03:45 PM.

New Jersey
    What are some comparable free solutions?

Urchin from is my favorite not free,
    but you can find some large host companies offering it free.

try Awstats. it works on virtual accounts too, you just need the path to your log files

i think the URL is

if not do a google,

Try, very useful to track the visitors (profile for each visitor) and
    detect the fraudulent transactions.

I like AWStats ( and LiveStats.

WebTrends is $$$

It's great for end-of-year reports where you just download the demo, print off your reports and be done, though
    ::: Jeremy C. Wright :::

WebTrends is sweet, but to the best of my knowledge it only works on Widows web server environment.