Site5 Going Downhill

About a year ago, I started my host (Dynamic10.com) on Site5. I have an old reseller package that I was looking to upgrade. I pay $24/month for this. They recently launched some new plans. 10 gigs space, 2 terabytes of bandwidth for $20. My plan only has 4 gigs space, 60 gigs bandwidth.

So I requested the procedure on upgrading. This is where the shocker came in.

Thank you for writing and for your continued interest in Site5. Unfortunately, we are unable to simply upgrade your account to the new $20 Deal Reseller plan. Due to the included features of the new reseller plans, it is necessary that they are set up on specific servers.
    Ok, no problem. I understand and makes plenty of sense.

You would need to open a new account for the reseller plan of your choice at http://www.site5.com/resellers/, and then transfer your own files and databases over to the new account. Then you would need to contact technical support to update your DNS information. And finally, after you are done with your old account, you would need to request a cancellation of this account.
    Umm... why couldn't they transfer my account with WHM?? It's not that hard.

Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to assist with account transfers. You would need to back up each of your accounts and then restore them to the new account.
    Thank goodness I only have like 3 sites hosted. I would hate to have to do this with a customer database of 20 or more accounts. But why is WHM's account transfer so difficult to use??

Back when I got my account, Site5 was excellent. Now they have dropped. I'm thinking about moving the hosted sites over to my other server and cancelling this account with them. Saves me $24/month and headaches...

I'm NOT impressed with Site5 anymore. What happened to their good service?
    Travis Newton
    NodeSpace Hosting

Well, when you look at what they are offering then realize what it actually "costs" you should understand why they don't give "any" freebies.

I am surprised they didn't offer to move you for a fee though.

Old plan 4Gb / 60Gb $24.
    New plan 10Gb / 2000Gb $20.

Gee, I wonder why they don't make it easy for you to change over!

Apart from this, how has their support been recently? Haven't seen so many complaints about them for the past few months...
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

Quote Originally Posted by foobic
    Old plan 4Gb / 60Gb $24.
    New plan 10Gb / 2000Gb $20.

I'm sorry but thats insane! Wondering if that is suppose to be 200Gb instead of 2000?
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

It's accurate, I just checked there site.

Based off there terms you could never come within even 10% of using that bandwidth though.

Quote Originally Posted by XSI-Larry
    It's accurate, I just checked there site.

Based off there terms you could never come within even 10% of using that bandwidth though.
    Of course... I run another company on a dedicated server with 1.5 terabytes and I only use maybe 90-100 gigs a month. Depends on the month though.

As support goes, it's still slow.. about a 12-24 hour wait.
    Travis Newton
    NodeSpace Hosting

Their response is not that surprising though. Their profit margins on the new reseller packages must be pretty tight, and workforce labor is quite expensive -- it is probably the largest part of many hosting companies costs. It's definitely an area where cutting the corners can bring in significant savings.