Sharkspace and allwebco

Ok, I think I have narrowed down my search to sharkspace or allwebco.

Any comments, experience, thoughts, etc. would be appreciated. I have already done a search for both, but would like some feedback here as well. I could go insane trying to research and go through all the hosting companies out there...lol.

Thank you for your time.

I see that you have done your research when you chose to choose these two hosts. I would also suggest that you search WHT for reviews for both companies, then compare the reviews side by side to see which would be better for you.

You may also wish to send emails to each to test out their response times

Lane

well - i have not seen too much about allwebco - infact - never heard of them until i saw their site, ummm - not comments on that. Sharkspace however has some pretty good reviews on here and you should get some great response time if you send them an email.

Well, if you have decided it is between those you could compare customer opinions you find here and elsewhere, plus send some questions to them, to see how good and timely their responses are.

Personally I haven't heard of them before.
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

Quote Originally Posted by jerett
    well - i have not seen too much about allwebco - infact - never heard of them until i saw their site, ummm - not comments on that. Sharkspace however has some pretty good reviews on here and you should get some great response time if you send them an email.
    I second that! Haven't heard anything about them. Do both providers offer a money back guarantee? Which provider has features that appeal to you more? SharkSpace is pretty active here on WHT, and I have seen some good reviews on them.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

I have found one more that is in the running...icestorm

Any word on them? I did a search here on WHT and only found a couple of reviews, but thet were good.

Update to those interested

I sent icestorm an email to find out a few things, I sent the email, left for about ten minutes, and when I returned I had all my answers. That is a good sign I would think.

I will keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by potus
    I sent icestorm an email to find out a few things, I sent the email, left for about ten minutes, and when I returned I had all my answers. That is a good sign I would think.
    Sounds like positive things so far, do they offer a money back guarantee?
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

The website has posted a 30-day unconditional money-back guarantee.

So far so good

Sharkspace opinion

I've been hosting on Sharkspace for a few months now. While not a lot of time to really give and "in-depth" review, I can say that I have been very pleased so far. All my e-mails and questions have been answered in a very timely fashion. I haven't had any technical issues (at least none that weren't my fault, lol!)

There are many good providers out there and it was a very tough decision for me.
    I don't know if this is against the rules or not, but I would recommend any of the following hosts (and no, I don't get anything from them).
    - Sharkspace
    - Reliablesite
    - Hostfrog

I found them in my search for a place to host our church website and was very impressed with their professionalism and helpfulness. This isn't the only good ones out there, these are just the ones that made it to my short list. And to be honest with you, it literally came down to a coin toss as to who I would host with.

It's been said numerous times on this forum, but I'll say it again. There is a lot of great info on this site. I am very thankful I found it.

Just a few pointers from a newbie-

- Be realistic about your requirements but allow room for growth.
    - Flashy websites do not a good web host make.
    - If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
    - As much as some hosts try to convince you, you cannot get BMW performance on a Kia budget. You get what you pay for. But that's not to say that all budget hosts are crap. There are still ones out there that really want to provide great deals and treat their customers right. An extra buck or so a month is well worth better quality and service.
    - When you read bad reviews about some sites, do so with an open mind. Some people expect absolute perfection from their hosts and the first tiny problem they encounter, they start flaming them in forums. And many times, the flamer doesn't tell the whole story. Rarely does a host shut down a site for no reason at all. Now, if you keep hearing bad stuff about certain hosts again and again from different people, then I would probably look elsewhere.
    - Stay away from hosts that put down their competitors. That's unprofessional. I want to hear what they can offer me, not why the "other guys" suck.
    - Make sure they have an unconditional money-back guarantee.

I'm sure there are other things to consider, but these were important to me.

Good luck and I hope you find someone that works out great for you.