dedicated game servers - nl

Hello

I'm looking to rent a dedicated server to be used for game hosting - ideally located around the netherlands.

Only one looking to be of any use so far is at i3d.nl/dedicatedservers.php

The cpu doesnt look to great though - how do the pentiums hold up in a server, my old server based in London was ameaty dual dual core xeon

Any suggestions on spec and server co's?

Looking to spend around 100/150 euro a month

The pentium 4 or the pentium D will be able to handle about half the load your Xeon server did. If you didnt uise your Xeon to the max or anything you will probabnly be just fine with the pentium D,4 server.

Can you give me an idea what you want to run on it and I will be better able to tell you what is possible.

Lane

Rough guid:
    1 ET server (q3 based) 16 man - private
    1 css (source based) 14 man - private
    1 cod2 14 man - private
    1 RTCW (q3 based) 16 man - private
    Future:quakewars - public (not important if need be)
    Future: quakewars - private

With those servers, you should be just fine with either the P4 or the PD. The only thing you may have to do is add more ram to the P4 setup. 2 Gigs of ram would be a good thing to have. As for the cpu, you should be just fine.

The only time you may lag the server is when you try to launch all the game servers at the same time.

Lane

You seem to have a reasonable budget in place.

Remember to do some tests on the network before you buy, quite a few oversold in The Netherlands.
    John Strong - SolidHost COO
    http://www.SolidHost.com
    SolidHost offers fully managed Linux and Windows VPS's in the Netherlands , with Plesk, cPanel, Directadmin and Helm.