Question Need help deciding on web hosts and any recommendations.

Hello,

I am looking for an inexpensive, good and reliable web host, probably around the $4 - $10 range for a portfolio site.

As of right now, I am considering between velocitynet.net or winsocket.com. Has anybody used them before? Is there anybody you could recommend?

I am also considering paying $4.95 at tripod.com to get rid of the ads and use them. What do you think about that?

Thank you for your help.

Jeff

Welcome aboard.

I can highly recommend the search facility, and the Web Host Requests area.

Lats...

Smile Re: Need help deciding on web hosts and any recommendations.

I am looking for an inexpensive, good and reliable web host, probably around the $4 - $10 range for a portfolio site.
    How important is quality to you? Would you rather pay $3.95 a month for 500 MB space 10-gig bandwidth and have a few problems here or there or $12.95 for 50MB and 2-gig bandwidth with none or very very few problems.

There are lots of hosts for your price range. Have you looked in the advertising forum?

Thank you both for the reply.

Lats...Yes, I have tried the search function and no luck. I guess I will post in the web host request section.

Site Keeper...You have a good point and I know the risk of going with a lower paid hosting. This site I am looking to host is a portfolio site for employers and it's not a major site and I don't need any advanced features. Plus, I am trying to keep expenses down.

Thanks again for your replies.

Jeff