DNS report is confusing

I was doing a DNS report on my site and i found some warnings and one of them said "All of your nameservers (listed at the parent nameservers) are in the same Class C (technically, /24) address space, which means that they are probably at the same physical location. Your nameservers should be at geographically dispersed locations."

i really dont know what that meant, can it be ignored? is my hosting provider trying to hide something?

TIV.
    Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Yes - for the most part it can be ignored. What that message is saying is that it appears that both of your nameservers are hosted on the same server/network so in the event of a server/network outage, both nameservers would be unavailable (as well as your site).
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Thankyou mripguru. That was what i wanted to know.

....just a little addtion to his great info: if you're not running a mission-critical site, it's not important to worry with this.
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress Joomla OpenCart Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

Well, following its recommendations, I would say it brings noticeable reliability and performance, as we have with our 3 NS's clustered network on different Class C's. But many hosts just use two nameservers that exist on the same server, which can be detrimental in some circumstances as mripguru mentioned.
    PolurNET Communications
    █ Avoid the Freeze, Enjoy the Breeze! █ A federally incorporated Canadian company at your service since 2004
    Proudly #1 on WebHostingJury and #1 on NamePros.com, the largest domain forum on the web!
    US/UK VPS+ @ ExcellentHost Enterprises || MSSQL 2008/IIS7 @ HostOptima.com || PremiumHost.com soon!

Quote Originally Posted by PolurNET
    Well, following its recommendations, I would say it brings noticeable reliability and performance, as we have with our 3 NS's clustered network on different Class C's. But many hosts just use two nameservers that exist on the same server, which can be detrimental in some circumstances as mripguru mentioned.
    True - but the flipside to that is: What good is redundant, clustered DNS if the server that is hosting the site is down?
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Redundant DNS makes sense when you host the mail server on different machine than the webserver - for example in a HS cluster or if you use external mail provider.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyFF
    Redundant DNS makes sense when you host the mail server on different machine than the webserver - for example in a HS cluster or if you use external mail provider.
    Exactly .

*scratches head, grabs a can of pepsi, lifts it and....* oh i get it. thanks again guys. great info!