Zend Optimizer (Free Version)

Does the zend optimizer provide any speed increases on non zend encoded scripts? I currently do not have it installed on my server and don't run any zend encoded software. Would their be any benefit to me installing it?

Sorry did a search on this and only came up with eaccelerator threads and am not looking for a cacher.

Yes, it increases the speed by up to 40%. It also has effect on non-Zend encoded scripts.

You might be interested in this tutorial:
    MaxterHostsimply different.
    cPanel Shared Hosting, WHM Reseller Accounts, Xen VPS Hosting & more
    10+ Years of Experience | Enhanced Security | 24x7 Support | 99.99% Uptime
    Pure SSD Hosting and CloudFlare Railgun™

The Zend Optimizer is a free application that runs the files encoded by the Zend Guard while enhancing the performance of PHP applications. Zend Optimizer goes over the intermediate code generated by the standard Zend run-time compiler and optimizes it for faster execution. In addition, the Zend Optimizer enables PHP to load and execute files encoded by using Zend Gaurd. The standard Zend run-time compiler used by PHP is indeed extremely fast, generating code that is usually 2 to 10 times faster. But an application that uses the Zend Optimizer typically executes another 40% to 100% faster.

The current version of the Zend Optimizer works with PHP versions 4.2.x through version 4.4.x and versions 5.0.x, 5.1.x that are compiled without debug support (the default configration of the standard PHP package). OS X Mac supports PHP versions: 4.3.x through 5.1.x.

this the Site of zend optimozer :

Thank you.

In our tests, Zend Optimizer did not speed up execution but actually reduced the speed of unencoded files. For encoded files, it did speed up execution time but not as much as ionCube encoded files. Just installing Zend Optimizer will not result in any performance increase according to our tests. If you want to increase performance you should optimise your code, use caching and use "encoding" as a last option, and then use the ionCube encoder to do so.