Question Affordable and better alternative for awstats?

Currently am I using Awstats for the statistics. While it is a great software, it is not complete. An alternative is Google Analytics, but I am looking for a solution from my own server. So the option would be Ulrich, the problem with that is it requires a big investment.

So are there other affordable and yet offering more options and graphics than Awstats?
    Just imagine, if the world was like an online community. Where people help each other, just because they can.

I don't think there's nothing near as useful as AWStats or Urchin. You could try phpMyVisits but you'll need to include a .js on every file.
    Duplika → Hosting since 2005
    FastWeb → WordPress Optimization

Thank you.

Are they still working on awstats to add new functions? Or just minor detail changes?
    Just imagine, if the world was like an online community. Where people help each other, just because they can.

What are you looking for that AWStats doesn't have?

More visualisation and more data when it comes to leads from adwords campanges. Also more stats like, howmany % of the users are new and howmany are retuning.

awstats is nice and customers like it but they have a bad track record for security. They know the 6.5 was full of dangerous holes and they never patched it, only said that they were fixed in 6.6 but then they turn around and say dont use 6.6 in live enviorment because its still beta

Quote Originally Posted by Johnburk
    More visualisation and more data when it comes to leads from adwords campanges. Also more stats like, howmany % of the users are new and howmany are retuning.
    I don't think you can get better info about Adwords campaigns than Google Analytics / Urchin. Yet, I don't know any other free option other than phpMyVisits. Mint is another nice web statistics program.

It doens't need te be free, I am willing to pay up to 70 USD a month if it can be installed on my server for all my accounts.

In my opinion php-stats is a way better than google analytics & AWSTATS. It hasn't got any roi-feature but it shows a lot of interesting details about your visitors.

I second the suggestion about Mint. If I am not mistaken, it comes at a one-time fee of $30. It's quite highly recommended by Aaron Wall of seobook.com
    Last edited by ramdak5000; 01-12-2010 at 07:12 AM. Reason: typo

If you are on Windows box, you can consider SmarterStats.
    ██ SoftSys Hosting ██ - 14 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise Class Replicated Cloud Servers For HA

Cloud Hosting With Anti-Malware, IDS/IPS, WAF & Litespeed - Windows 2019 Shared Hosting w/ Plesk

Spend all you want but you will not find more accurate stats then Google Analytics. As long as you don't have 10's or more setups a day than you can easily create a profile and add a login for that profile in GA, copy the code and give it to your customer or pop it in for them.

@SoftSys, I swear I am not stalking you :-) we just seem to be reading the same threads.

Quote Originally Posted by PCTechMe View Post
    @SoftSys, I swear I am not stalking you :-) we just seem to be reading the same threads.
    Lol... No problem, it does happen at times
    ██ SoftSys Hosting ██ - 14 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise Class Replicated Cloud Servers For HA

Cloud Hosting With Anti-Malware, IDS/IPS, WAF & Litespeed - Windows 2019 Shared Hosting w/ Plesk

Do you have a look on piwik? I think it might be you are looking for.
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting | Dedicated Servers
    KeserHosting.Com