Cheap low low end servers

I've been looking for ages to find decent, affordiable dedicated servers. Basically, I need a junk box, like a 933mhz machine with a 40GB or so drive, at a low cost ($20~30 a month) and all I have found is Galaxy Host, but I'm unsure about them...

I've seen a couple servers with decent prices, but they are either foreign, or they have some hitch.

I don't need support, and I don't need any help or anything like that.

Bandwidth wise about 300GB or more.

Of course, if anyone has any other suggestions for $30 servers, feel free to let me know.

Edit: I would even take an extremly cheap colo host, if I could find one for that cheap.

The only thing your going to get with that budget is a VPS, but it might even cost more for 40GB of space.

A VPS will probably work better for you than a dedicated box in this situation...you still get root access and your own OS choice.

Corenetworks.net has a $25 server but they're currently sold out.. wouldn't hurt to email them asking when they might get some servers in stock. Also, you can try colopronto/serverpronto.

Look for this topic or this.

I already did look through both threads, I saw a few that piqued my interest (such as lowcostdedi) but thats really about it. Was wondering if anyone had any other good input.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenocide
    ($20~30 a month)
    Power and space would be ($20~30 a month).......I supose you would require some transit?

$50 is a good price point for a junker.
    Ray Womack @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK™ ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

May I ask why you are unsure about us?

I'm generally pretty wary of hosts like that (similar to CoreNetworks). The positive side to you is that you accept paypal, so I have to pay you manually rather then it being automatically withdrawn. I've had horror situations where I've been overdrawn insane amounts due to automatic billing.

While I do understand that you guys (probably) will never do this again, I still am wary. No offense to you guys.

Anyway, the reason I've not went to a VPS is because I have had VPS sellers screaming at me because I change the kernel (grsec), and I've been griped at for that before.

Thumbs up

have you check bestofdata ?
    IRC Support there >> https://www.bestofdata.com/bod/?x=livesupport

they have 100Mb unmetered for a cheap price, quite unbelievable but
    theyīre in france, some people says bandwith is cheaper there, you should
    check latency, thatīs quite important depending what are you planning to run

what I would really look up to, is a server wich you can make a hard reset without
    the need of opening a ticket, sit and wait... I think thatīs a "must have" (bestofdata has that)

ex: serverpronto charge you for reset your server, but their price seems to be very cheap

this guys Galaxy Solutions seems nice, Iīll take a look at the "closely"

Anyway, avoid :

- Hivelocity (they charge me $180 with ther automatic charge, and it never was returned to me, yes... I lost that amount of money and never get my server)
    - Domaingurus/Host2own/cari.net (they are the same people, they are the worst thing you could imagine)

and thatīs it for now

good luck !!

Quote Originally Posted by maunic
    - Domaingurus/Host2own/cari.net (they are the same people, they are the worst thing you could imagine)
    What experience d

Quote Originally Posted by maunic
    What experience did you have with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Xenocide
    I'm generally pretty wary of hosts like that
    Looking at there prices everyone should be wary.

You pay them peanuts, you get monkeys!