PHP Programming $3/hour

Hello,

Need Programming? We can do it for $3/hour, the programmers are in India, but they do not get paid until you are satisfied!

Contact me for more information!

Regards,
    William

Um... that's more than a little bit suspicious.
    Why??

Are these children that do this? (Sorry....I've got last night's special on NBC in my head (about unlawful working of children in India in the silk "factories")).

Seems like you could charge a LOT more than $3/hour for that kind of work.

What kinds of things can be done and have been done in the past?
    "Last year, some resourceful software enthusiasts cracked Sony Music's proprietary technology simply by scribbling around the edges of the disc with a Magic Marker pen, thus enabling playback on any device." - news.com

LOL
    yea kinda fishy
    3 an hour?
    for php scripting?

Does that come with unlimited scripts?

Feed the world....Today I got an email from Moldova, $8 /hour web design!

ROFL

timechange,

As far as I know the statistics, in general PHP programming is 20% more expensive than web design

You missed the joke....plus PHP programming is not 20% over web design. Unless you are doing templates.

Wow, $3 a month ??

On a 40-hour working week, you're making about $400 a month.

That's not a lot of money, and it's before your costs (insurance, software, internet connection etc.)

I was thinking I'm cheap with $30 a hour...
    You're reading my signature, can't you do something useful?

Programmers

William,

Can you be specific about your company?
    Web site? Where in India are you located?

What is the method of payment?

I might be interested.

Thanks

I know there's differences in pricing and the American dollar has greater value, but $3 per hour!?

Anyone tried them out yet?
    - joey

Do a search for the exchange rate between india and the us, you will find a big difference, all of my programmers tell me what they would like to be paid, so I am not working them for nothing, they are making good in there country, and I just do not try to make 1000% profit off of them, I am keeping the cost low for you.

I tell you what...We will do 3-5 php/mysql scripts for free, send me the information about your script and I will choose the winners in a day or to! This is the best way I know to prove that we provide a quality service.

Regards,
    William

Here is a little for information

We will be launching our new site in a few days, at the same time we will start providing php programming, as well as server monitoring, and server administration. We will start providing the new services in about 3 days.

Regards,
    William

I used to work for a relief agency in AFrica.
    We employed someone in Tanzania for $600 per month.
    He was the richest man in the district with his own servants and security guards.

We used to get complaints from westerners that we were ripping off our African workers but if we had paid them a standard western salary they would have been more powerful than the president!

Gordon
    Formerly: Managing Director, Hostroute.com Ltd & Marketing Director, Ultraspeed UK Ltd
    View my Professional Profile: www.gordonhudson.com

Thank you

Hi,

I also operate from India and run a web design and development company. We do not make a lot of money even when we charge $10 per hour for web design work.

I cannot believe someone can do work for $3 per hour !

Have you accounted for rent, electricity, bandwidth, salary, infrastructure, pc, repairing, legal softwares, etc.

I run my company working almost 18 hiurs a day and not making that big a profit ! I think you are mis calculating somewhere.

I dont mean to sound wrong to you, but i personally find the offer unreliable.

I wish you best of luck in the venture.

Regards,
    Abhishek
    Submit2Please.com - Submit your site to 500+ SEO friendly directories
    EasySiteEdit.com - Point. Click. Edit. Works with existing site.

Can you spell "IT Sweatshop" ?

hi GetSupport,

I just PM you. Your account don't allow people to email. Please check your PM. Thanks.
    http://www.ebookeasy.com Free ebook for webhosting and dedicated server review

Originally posted by timechange
    You missed the joke....plus PHP programming is not 20% over web design. Unless you are doing templates.
    PHP programming IS 20% over web design. Unless you are doing scripts

Can you spell "IT Sweatshop" ?
    LOL

Originally posted by #fdd700

PHP programming IS 20% over web design. Unless you are doing scripts

Dude, if you were talking about ColdFusion, ASP or database design I'd say it's 30% over. But PHP is a joke as far as corporate development is concerned.

Dude, if you were talking about ColdFusion, ASP or database design I'd say it's 30% over. But PHP is a joke as far as corporate development is concerned.
    I don't think ASP differs to much from PHP.

How about web design? Do you offer web design services for a similar cost?

Originally posted by iamdave
    I don't think ASP differs to much from PHP.
    lol - do your research
    Regards,
    Santiago Yajan Cruz
    -----------------------------------------------
    [://Insert ancient Chinese saying here ...]

god guys do you have to jump all over people if they work that cheap then let them is it effecting you in anyway at all huh well no so leave them alone they could be doing it cheap to boost up a clients list and i wanna know does it allways take a goodie two shoes like me (aand all the others) to shut up the flaming on this forum leave people alone if u arnt intested the just leave them alone................................

Originally posted by JamRover

lol - do your research
    Whatever, PHP has the same capabilities as ASP, I by the way do program in PHP, and the company I work for programs in ASP, and we have a very intense Shopping cart, that we install on client's site, and we also use many other advanced scripts, these scripts are no different as far as usability and features go then PHP coded shopping carts and what not.

Originally posted by JamRover

lol - do your research
    Have you done yours yet?

Originally posted by #fdd700

Have you done yours yet?
    Good question...

Check your PM, GetSupported.

I PM GetSupported a few days ago but not reply. Hi GetSupported, are you here?
    http://www.ebookeasy.com Free ebook for webhosting and dedicated server review

I am sure there are IT people in china or india that would be happy to work for $3 American per hour. You have to understand that some people in other countries don't make more than 7 cents a day. $400 American a month in some countries is a great salary. It's just really hard to compete with them but just because it's cheap doesn't always mean the quality of work is very bad.

I think Cisco and allot of IT companys have R&D in countries like India cause it's allot cheaper. China is next but real quality won't be seen for at least another 5 years.

Where do these people in the 'impoverished' countries learn IT material?

I think most of them are illiterate, so how do they come by IT training?

Originally posted by progex

In India, I don't believe that they have universal education for 100% of the population, but the percentage that goes to school seems to get an excellent education. I've gotten to know a number of Indian programmers and IT people here in the US and they've told me that India kept a lot of the British-style educational system particularly in things like math, and from what I've observed they are more motivated and ambitious in regards to their studies and their grades.
    During their 2 week vacation from work, while a lot of us are
    laying out on the beach, the Indian people will do things like taking a cram course to brush up on a programming language etc.

But I cant speak to whether or not $3 per hour is reasonable or not.

Greetings!

As far as the Philippines is concerned, we know how to speak and write in English. We can comprehend things. We go to school.
    We are capable of learning just like you guys.

We are just a bit unfortunate because we live in a land not so rich as yours.

I saw here $400/month salary. Yes, that is true, $400/month is already a BIG salary here!

In my opinion, it is sometimes not justifiable to associate price with quality.

Take care everyone and good luck to GetSupport!

EDIT: And, progex I understand how you feel, but I guess your statement may not be necessarily right at all times. (no harm done here)

Originally posted by progex

I help entrepreneurs develop online branding. I value my clients and build relationships. I am a friend.
    Let me assist you with your website design, logo design and other graphics needs.
    Ganah Solutions, a brand creation agency. Solidify your brand. Connect your business.

consul speaks the truth

Amen to consul

Just because people are little poor does not mean their quality of work will be sub standard.

There are places in US where people are illetrate like the ghettos of Harlem/Jersey City/Newark.
    How many of you have even been near one?

To the wise guy who said how can poor illetrate countries people learn IT :::: pay a visit to HARLEM. I am sure the brothers there will tell you how.

I have and I lived there. (Glad I am out)

But then US also has places like Beverly Hills and many more where people spend $5k on their dog's hair cut.

Anyways, point being :

Humans are same all over the world. We work. We earn. We consume. We learn. That is all to it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now to how $3/hour is not impossible:

1) $3/hr is Indian Rupees Rs 150 ( 1 US $ = Rs 50)
    7 hours per day > $21 or Rs 1050/day
    This is Rs 5250/week or Rs 20,000 per month.
    Say compnay pays the developer Rs 12-15k, still it has Rs 5-8k profit.
    So quite possible.
    Last edited by designNYC; 06-28-2002 at 02:53 PM.

There are excellent programmers and Oracle DBA's from India and China, but from my own corporate experience they deliver the goods slow. The ones I worked with had trouble establishing a working communication and their code was very cryptic. They were very secretive and would not mingle with the rest of the IT department.

When the US economy was booming during the Dot Com era these guys were being given H1 visas and 6-figure salaries. Right now, with thousands of US workers unemployed and the economy being stagnant, one has to deal with the penny pinchers of IT

By the way, Network Solutions outsources half their tech support to Manila, Philippines. They are outright clueless, rude and speak incomprehensible english. The few of you that still use NetSol would only be so lucky to get anything done when you ask to be connected to a US-based supervisor.

Bottom line: what you get is what you pay for.

Is this the ****************** guy?

For $3/hour you guys must work really slow to rack up those hourly fees ...kidding