Thread: Host Banning?

Host Banning?

I am not sure if this has been brought up before.. BUT..

Should host that really get flamed alot be banned from advertising on these forums?

We wont say names ( HOST-THAT-SUCK)

Just seems bad that host that clearly treat customers like dirt get to sucker more people into joining with them.

Also what about host that come here all the time .. yet are always slamming this forum?

Hehe.. Hope this is a valid request or suggestion.
    Nothing Special: True Archive , just my lil archive for fun... maybe turn into something more?

You mean the hosts that offer unlimited plans?

Well.... That's a given

But there are alot out there (that dont offer unlimited) and that are here alot that get slammed ALOT and it has been seen by many the crappy things they have done to customers... They should not be allowed to use this forum to sucker more people into their traps. I have seen post about host cussing out clients over nothing and so much more here.. Yet those host still get to advertise here.

Just don't seem right
    Nothing Special: True Archive , just my lil archive for fun... maybe turn into something more?

No, it doesn't. But you still have to give "unlimited" hosts the right to advertise here too.

No Comment*

Well, in this case you are asking us (the staff) to make a judgment call, and frankly we have to make enough of these every day as it is. It has been the policy of the forum not to ban hosts from posting or ban them from posting ads unless they violate the guidelines. Members are encouraged to research providers here and elsewhere before blindly signing up for something, just as you'd do for just about anything you purchase.

Read reviews, read posts, search the web, search other forums, make a decision based on your general feelings and this information. Know that credit card companies are generally on your side and if you have been cheated you attempt to resolve the situation with the merchant and if that fails, you should call your credit card company and explain the situation.

Much of what is posted on the forum is opinion or is one sided. Even if a provider responds to a post, that post is still one sided. It is up to you to choose who to beleive and what you feel is correct, and up to you to understand that often people only post the problems they have with a provider.

Hosting is much like cable service. You don't call them to tell them that your picture is clear and thank them, you call them up to yell and scream because you're paying $x/mo and your tv looks worse than free antenna tv and demand they get a repair truck out there yesterday to fix it.

Search, be informed, make a judgement based on the information. It still won't prevent you from getting burned, but at least you've taken some steps to reasonably assure yourself that you'll be happy with your choice.

Now, with that in mind, members who have either cheated a provider or providers who have cheated a member will not be permitted to post requests or offers here. Unfortunately it is not always possible for us to determine this, and we don't go by one allegation made on the forum, we need a bit more than that. If we can 100% determine that there's something going on, then we will notify the member of the problem, etc.

How's that for the most long-winded, confusing answer ever?
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken

Not to confusing

But some host clearly do not deny saying/doing things that customers say they did. They just say so what to the customer* what you ganna do about it* lol

Guess rules is rules...

I have had so many super bad host.. just kills me to see more and more people get sucked into host like that.

MAKE SURE YOUR POTENTIAL HOST IS NOT LISTED BADLY ONLINE BEFORE YOU SIGN UP!
    I BEG OF YOU!

Originally posted by YourHostSuck
    MAKE SURE YOUR POTENTIAL HOST IS NOT LISTED BADLY ONLINE BEFORE YOU SIGN UP!
    I BEG OF YOU!
    Good advice for just about any purchase you make regarding any product or service (hosting and otherwise).
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken

Yep... Some (including me) have learned the hard way

Also remember one thing - 'unhappy people speak louder than happy people' - example - look at all the rackshack are bad posts on WHT - by reading all these youd think rackshack were really badly treating their customers - yet they are obviously propspering - yet does reading the posts on WHT give you that idea?!?!?

(I aint got anything against/for rackshack - just using them as an example as they are the first company that spring to mind )

I find post of praise alot less truthful than post of disappointments....

Ex: I was with a host and could not have been more happy... but after a couple months of service I notice they SUCKED!
    During the first month of service I was posting all good things about them which after another month I was very upset that I had made those post as I probably got someone else to sign up with the Crappy host! That makes me sad

Some places offer super low rates and crappy support/service..
    Sure they will grow because they are so cheap but that doesn't make them someone I want to do business with.