Thread: Need a new host

Need a new host

Hi Im looking for a new host for my site, I have been looking for some time but I cant see the wood from the trees, I used to be with, and there were some features that I really liked, such as Survey cgi scripts and news letter so these are feature I would like to keep, I would like to spend around 20pm and I would also like a preinstalled phpbb custom forum as this makes up a larg part of the site.

Any Ideas

New York City

I think your budget 20 pounds per month is very reasonable for the features you're looking for. How much storage and bandwidth are you looking into using? Do you require a host located or based in the UK or US hosts are fine as well?

CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

10GB would probably be plenty and UK based, we were looking at's Virtual Server deals for 1 or something similar but with the user friendly features.

Northern Europe.
    Are you specifically looking for UK hosting? I have no experience with those, but I have used several US-based hosts, and have good experiences with hosting in the $10/month range.

Fantastico is commonly offered, which makes it a no-brainer to install various features like forums.
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

These features I am sure are in any cPanel host either as One-click scripts or fantastico. I would suggest looking around the offers section and gather a list of hosts that you may want to go with.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

I know that does offer web hosting based in Ireland and the U.S. so be sure you request their Ireland location. I would suggest that you checkout the web offers forums for a place to begin, you may also find that searching the forums here for reviews on hosts your looking into is a good idea.

Most hosts have phpbb pre installed, also some survey scripts come pre installed with certains control panels.
    << removed >>
    Last edited by writespeak; 12-17-2006 at 01:46 AM.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

if you are UK based take a look at: - web host directory for UK - UK based hosting forum
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server. - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

A UK host that I have got a decent feedback about is Hostroute

Hope that helps.

Attracted to Linux, dedicated servers with CentOS 7 and Virtualmin Pro, and Archlinux as a personal OS preference.

Thanks for your support, I have been looking at as they have a forum feature, does anyone have any feedback on this ie: is it fully customizable and does anyone know any web addresses that are using the featur so i can take a look...

Thanks Again