View Poll Results: Who is your cellular provider?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cingular

7 17.50%
  • Verizon Wireless

10 25.00%
  • Nextel

1 2.50%
  • T-Mobile

8 20.00%
  • Sprint

4 10.00%
  • Other

10 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Cellular Provider

Who is your cellular provider?

I listed a few of the major ones in the poll but if you have a different one, please do say.

I'm a Cingular person and I always will be. I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't have Cingular
    Big things coming soon

I used Cingular for about two years. During the two years I did this, I was constantly billed at random times during the month. Sometimes on the 20th, sometimes on the 25th. Being a college student, money is not always in the accounts, so a consistent billing date is important. I called various times to get them to see what the issue was, but everytime got a mouthful of "Yeah we will look into that."

I switched to T-Mobile about four months ago. According to their charts, I should have zero coverage where I live, however I have coverage EVERYWHERE. I have reception everywhere, including places cingular wouldn't - also more affordable. I do not think i'll ever use Cingular again, would rather slit my wrists than use their "service" again.

I'm currently at Verizon. The coverage is great, and most of the phones are decent, but of course the customer support is horrid. Also, the reps are most of the stores have no idea what their talking about.

I upgraded to a Treo 700p about a month or so ago, and it's worked fine. The Verizon data plan was pretty expensive, but with the costs involved in moving to a different provider and the rebate Verizon was running, it was worth it to pay the small amount extra per month and not have to deal with trying to move to a provider which may not have network coverage as good as Verizon.

Alex

I've actually found that Verizon gets horrible coverage where I am. For example...when I'm in school, Verizon customers get no service...but I get full service. The Verizon people have to go outside and walk down the street to get service.

Guess it depends where you live.
    Big things coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by Nick H
    Guess it depends where you live.
    Yeah definitely. Around here, Verizon gets excellent coverage and Sprint / Nextel are the worst. One of the reasons I stayed at Verizon was its superior coverage to Sprint. You can go down a block and lose Sprint coverage completely around here.

Alex

I have been with verizon for years. When I lived in the northeast (NY & CT) I got them and stayed with them because they had the best coverage in the areas traveled. Down here in FL it continues to be the case. My company provided phone (Nextel) cuts out the minute I even think of going into half of the buildings around here, my verizon phone keeps on working.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

I'm on t-mobile, i get charge about $40/mo for the internet service on my phone and its the slowest thing you'll ever experience...

I'm considering switching to sprint
    init.me - Build, Share & Embed

JodoHost.com - Windows VPS Hosting, ASP.NET and SQL Server Hosting
    8th year in Business, 200+ Servers. Microsoft Gold Certified Partner

Virgin Mobile

I had a $700 phone bill...figured it was time to go pre-paid! Anyways, Virgin uses Sprint/Nextel Towers...so I guess you could say I'm on Sprint! Amazing Coverage. T-Mobile doesn't have good coverage, and Verzion seems to Roam too much. Cingular was just fine, except my $700 phone bill!

Regards,
    Anthony B.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrigade
    Virgin Mobile

I had a $700 phone bill...figured it was time to go pre-paid! Anyways, Virgin uses Sprint/Nextel Towers...so I guess you could say I'm on Sprint! Amazing Coverage. T-Mobile doesn't have good coverage, and Verzion seems to Roam too much. Cingular was just fine, except my $700 phone bill!
    Wait, how does pre-paid save you money? Usually their bills are a bit more since they charge per minute and text message

I use Cingular though. It works.

Well with Pre-paid, its hard to go over your minutes. lol.

Regards,
    Anthony B.

I use sprint on both my smartphones. Both work great everywhere and even in the roaming areas there is no extra data charges as long as your plan has america's coverage.

I had a billing issue last month with my internet service ($10 flat rate!) being disconnected and they charged me a LOAD for it, but a quick call and lookup they saw it was a mistake refunded me + some extra for the trouble and I had a $20 less than normal bill. It took only 25 minutes with only 2 of it being on hold to resolve the issue. Very good.

I have verizon... I've found they have great customer service! I've only had one issue with verizon dealing with a rebate... sent it in and nothing... after filing a BBB complain, corporate called and we are in the process of fixing the issue.

Other than that, online and call in convos went well... I love verizon. I get coverage everywhere but in my bedroom. I think it is all the computers and the fact my room has one covered window (to keep out the setting sun). lol... No biggie.... I've been with verizon since maybe 2002/3.

I've tested sprint and cingular... sprint lost recp on my road, up the road, at a local church, etc.... cingular simply did not work here....

It all depends on your location... I have some people that swear by each....
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

I have two pre-paid phones. My older one is T-mobile-to-Go Nokia 6010. It is the most economical, although they used to have no roaming coverage. That has been improving a bit, but before T-mobile expanded it's pre-pay coverage I bought a Tracfone Nokia 2126. This is currently Tracfone's only CDMA phone and gets main network connectivity from Verizon. (Most Tracfones are GSM and get main network connection from Cingular.) The Verizon coverage seems to be the best, including parts of the Payette River valley where there is no GSM coverage.

What Cellphone Provider Do You Have?

Just making a quick poll on your provider! I'm doing this as research for one of my websites, as well as just for curiosity purposes! Please vote on what company you use, and if yours isn't listed, post it here. This is for all cellphone providers in the world, not just the US. If it's not the US, please specify what country it's in!

Thanks!

I use alltel, I have trouble ringing my hosting contacts in the UK with them.

I got my first cellphone in 1992.

Sprint with a SERO plan... The best thing that ever happened to me and cell phones!

I also use sprint, best coverage available.
    FragForge Gaming Services
    Premiere Game Server Hosting

Maybe this should get merged with
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=569534

Vodafone. GSM ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by Disgruntled
    Yea--Me too. Reported
    Big things coming soon

And merged

I have cingular... and the signal sucks! when i goto work i have to be right against the window (only 2 floors) but in downtown (600w 7th) i get OK signal...

Dropped calls all the time... i don't have a cheap phone... SMT 5600 AudioVox...

People with verizon get good signal at work... but ok signal in downtown.
    Remote Hands and Your Local Tech for the Los Angeles area.

(310) 573-8050 - LinkedIn

Thumbs up

I currently have t-mobile there pretty good they could be better in there deals though .. so far so good I have no complaints or regrets ..
    Mrgeekchris.com ~ It's not just a job It's a passion
    "Mistakes are proof that you are trying"

I'm with Cingular and get service in the middle of my school where most people don't get service.
    Big things coming soon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast