* Time for Successfull Domain Transfer?

Hello,

I am transferring a domain from Yahoo! to GoDaddy. This is just a domain name and it has no Hosting, Emails or Privacy with it. This is my first domain transfer from one registrar to another.

Since last 98 hours or so it says Pending Current Registrar Approval and Yahoo! has not approved it.

So how long a normal domain transfer process take place and when should I start panicking?

Three kinds of people could reply...Please specify your category before replying.

1) People who have transferred a domain from Yahoo! to GoDaddy

2) People who have transferred from Yahoo! to any other registrar.

3) People who have transferred from any registrar to any other registrar.

Please telll me the domain transfer time for the above cases because I am a little worried and you know that I am freaked up with Yahoo!

---

P.S.: Take note that the above is not the domain with which I am having serious problems with Yahoo!
    - Just a small ordinary customer looking for cheap and best things backed with great customer support and honest business practises.
    - Not affiliated with anyone.
    - Looking for honest answers and giving honest responses.

In the third category --

Schlund and Partner AG to ipowerweb -- 5 days (I think; it's been a while)
    ipowerweb to Dynadot -- 6 days

So you're still in the ballpark.

Hello,

Whenever the domain transfer is initiated the registrar from where the transfer is initiated send an email asking for authirization to get the domain transfered to them to the current registrar of your domain or the owner of the domain. The owner or the domain registrar has to reply to that email giving the authorization to transfer the domain. Once the authorization is done then the transfer procedure is in the final stage which would take around 24 -48 hours.

The maximum time limit for the domain transfer is around 1 week.

Thank you.

Regards,

I'm in all 3 categories. Actually, it's not Yahoo! but MelbourneIT which is the registrar for domains sold by Yahoo!.

Q1: Is the domain unlocked?
    Q2: Is the Admin Contact email address currently pointing to an email account in use by you?
    Q3: Do you have the Auth Code? (and... how did you get it?)
    Q4: Do you have access to the domain control panel at MelbourneIT?

The transfer times are...

1: Infinity
    2: Infinity
    3: 5-7 days is average.
    Signature Under Construction.

Quote Originally Posted by stu2
    I'm in all 3 categories. Actually, it's not Yahoo! but MelbourneIT which is the registrar for domains sold by Yahoo!.

Q1: Is the domain unlocked?
    Q2: Is the Admin Contact email address currently pointing to an email account in use by you?
    Q3: Do you have the Auth Code? (and... how did you get it?)
    Q4: Do you have access to the domain control panel at MelbourneIT?

The transfer times are...

1: Infinity
    2: Infinity
    3: 5-7 days is average.
    I know that Yahoo! uses Melbourne IT. Thanks anyway.

Yes. I had the authorisation code for the domain from Yahoo! I had the transfer keys from GoDaddy. I unlocked the domain at Yahoo! and then I immediately went to GoDaddy Domain control panel and gave the Transfer keys and Authorisation code. And now 110+ hours have passed and it still says Pending Transfer.

So I see that I am here for another long long long wait from Yahoo! Suckers of a company that they are.
    - Just a small ordinary customer looking for cheap and best things backed with great customer support and honest business practises.

You never answered Q1, Q2, Q4. Also, your answer to Q3 is dubious because only the holding registrar can give you the Auth Code.

I very explicityly answered the question. But here I will go again:

1) Yes. I unlocked the domain at Yahoo! and then I immediately went to GoDaddy Domain control panel and gave the Transfer keys (sent to my email by GoDaddy) and Authorisation code.

2) Yes. It is! It is valid and I check the Inbox and Bulk folder regularly...almost every 1 hour...except when I am sleeping.

3 and 4) I have access to Yahoo! domains control panel. In this control panel they also have the Authorisation code for us. I got the code from there.

So, if on the WHOIS and in GoDaddy Control panel it says that the Domain is pending transfer...so I guess I have followed all the process correctly. And now it's Yahoo!'s turn to do the process.

But it is almost 115+ hours and I am still waiting for the transfer.

Hi Guys,

I have finally some good news. I have received an email from GoDaddy that says that the domain transfer is completed. It took about 118+ hours. Even on the WhoIs it says the Domain is with GoDaddy now.

All I need to do now is stop everything regarding this domain on Yahoo! and then I will give my final word.

Cheers.

Congratulations! It seems you have mastered the art of transferring domains away from Yahoo?MelbourneIT. Perhaps you'd like to write a synopsis of how you achieved this. I'm sure it would be of much help to others in the same situation.

Hello,

Congratulation !!!!!! .. Thats a great news....

Login to your Godaddy account and check if the domain is present. If it there then you have the entire control over the domain now.

Thank you.

Regards,

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by stu2
    Congratulations! It seems you have mastered the art of transferring domains away from Yahoo?MelbourneIT. Perhaps you'd like to write a synopsis of how you achieved this. I'm sure it would be of much help to others in the same situation.
    Thanks. I will do that soon.

Quote Originally Posted by hostechsupport
    Hello,

Congratulation !!!!!! .. Thats a great news....

Login to your Godaddy account and check if the domain is present. If it there then you have the entire control over the domain now.

Thank you.

Regards,
    Thank you so much for confirming that.

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know that I have started transfer for another 2 domains from Yahoo! to Goaddy around 46.5 hours ago.
    Let's hope these transfers go through too without any problem.

Also, as suggested by stu2, I will try to write a synopsis of, "how to transfer domains from Yahoo! and how to get rid of Yahoo!" after my next few transfers get completed.

Okay then, good luck to me!

P.S.: Take note that the above 2 domains are also not the ones with which I am having serious problems with Yahoo!
    Last edited by iwanttolearn; 12-16-2006 at 01:15 PM.

You could put your synopsis in the Tutorials section so that everyone can benefit from your experiences.

I was informed by godaddy that per ICANN the maximum wait period for the losing registrar to respond if 5 days. After that, the gaining registrar has full access to the domain name even if the losing registrar does not respond to the transfer request.
    Host In Us Web Hosting Services | www.hostinus.com
    Premium Enterprise Shared Web Hosting
    Less than 80 Customers per server!
    Try us out! We want to earn your business.

Quote Originally Posted by HIU-Jay
    I was informed by godaddy that per ICANN the maximum wait period for the losing registrar to respond if 5 days. After that, the gaining registrar has full access to the domain name even if the losing registrar does not respond to the transfer request.
    Make sure the transfer's confirmed with the gaining registrar first. Then what you
    had posted above will apply.

Hello,

When the email is sent and you receive an authorization then everything is fine. If you don't receive an authorization then you can mail them and ask if the domain is available for transfer.

Thank you.

Regards,