Any php pros here know how to cache sql data?

Hello, I am looking for a php programmer who knows how to modify an existing php script so that it caches certain sql data. I have a script that I assume executes a ton of queries per page load which takes a while for the page to come up and increases CPU and MySQL usage. I know this because as a test I disabled these certain stats for the page and it loads faster than a static HTML page. However with the stat tracking system enabled the page takes about five seconds to load so I assume that on every page load everything is being recalculated.

Before you reply, I am looking for someone who is AVAILABLE and DEPENDABLE. I get a ton of people wanting to do the job but they take weeks to respond or finish the task and I am looking for someone who is available. Please have a good internet connection as well, it sucks when I am trying to talk to someone and they time out every three seconds. Please pm if you are interested and thanks.
    Last edited by lexington; 12-13-2006 at 04:15 PM.

Southern California
    Why don't you just use MySQL cache and PHP cache? Those will improve performances a lot.
    Sarcasm, the 6th Ponyman of the Apocalypse.
    Please do not inquire about Tim, the 5th Ponyman.

I already do but there is still a long delay with those pages.

I can suggest to use memcache and/or APC cache to store frequently used data.

Memcache is distributed memory cache invented to improve performance and must be run as daemon.
    APC is a simple PHP module and can be installed using pecl.

I can recomend memcahce if you plan to use two or more webboxes.

Also check all your SQL queries using EXPLAIN. Make sure you have all required indexes.
    Last edited by astellar; 12-13-2006 at 05:29 PM.

I can confirm what astellar is saying, I've used memcache and it's simply awesome. When you find a developer who's going to help you, make sure he/she knows how to use memcache (which is fairly simple). It's the best thing you can use to improve your apps speed.
    Also, using EXPLAIN (as suggested) is also a good method to determine why your queries take a long time to execute so get someone who has mid-mysql knowledge in order to optimize your query.
    Dyslexics Have More Fnu