Bliksemhosting Backup Data

Hello,

This topic was created to attend all those who had VPS or reseller plans hosted with Bliksemhosting. All their servers went down without any warning and all communications and support are now out. All my databases and cpanel info were lost!

If you have information that could be useful to get back the Bliksemhosting servers data or to get access and make a backup, please post here.

The only thing I want now are my files back...

Regards,

Ed

Well unfortunately, if the servers went down and are not coming back up, you more than likely are out the data. However, have you talked with them, what is going on?
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Hi,

Well unfortunately, if the servers went down and are not coming back up, you more than likely are out the data. However, have you talked with them, what is going on?
    Nobody knows what is going on with Bliksemhosting. Their servers are down, all support are out (including phone), and worst of all, we cannot access whm or cpanel anymore and so we cannot even backup our data and move to another server.

The situation is desperate.

Ed

Hmmm it seems bad. how long have you not be able to access support, WHM or any contact for that matter? Could be just a burp?

Quote Originally Posted by HostFrog
    Hmmm it seems bad. how long have you not be able to access support, WHM or any contact for that matter? Could be just a burp?
    access to certain sites can be access through the IP posrted in the thread "Bliksem is DEAD"
    I can access my whole WHM and just looking for a host to move to asap.

can you access your control panel or whm through IP?

can you access your control panel or whm through IP?
    yess...
    I NEED HELP ASAP TO MOVE a bunch of sites.

If you can access your WHM through IP then your next host can move the files for you.

Hi,

I do not think so. Everything is down for the last 24 hours, but the support system is down for a month now. It happened for many people, not just for me.

The main concern now is how to retrieve our data and make a backup. I really need to move and activate my sites immediately.

Any information greatly appreciated.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by ArsMagnaWeb
    Hi,

I do not think so. Everything is down for the last 24 hours, but the support system is down for a month now. It happened for many people, not just for me.

The main concern now is how to retrieve our data and make a backup. I really need to move and activate my sites immediately.

Ed
    Hmmmm, unfortunately without access to WHM or your cPanel, it will be rather hard to retreive any data that resides on that server. However, if you can access your WHM or even the site's cpanel you can move them.
    Last edited by Swelly; 12-13-2006 at 03:30 PM.

hi,
    I would like to add, if you are able to access the WHM anyhow, and able to go inside the cPanel of your hosted domains, generate or download the backup to your local computer, as if a host is not responding and his bunch of servers have gone down, it can lead to more problems when the whole thing is down.

Atleast in my case i was able to fetch data of my customer from ip/whm-->cpanel and saved my As* from loosing everything.

best of luck.

amod

Quote Originally Posted by ArsMagnaWeb
    I really need to move and activate my sites immediately.

Ed
    Yesterday I signed up for a VPS with hostmaven.com

I didt have the luxury of time in deciding who to go with but they have a recent review on these forums, the servers are in a different centre to Bliksems and are faster so far. I really cant tell you anything more about hostmaven other than so far so good. I havent copied any sites across cos i we cant access Biksems WHM so have spent hours and hours and hours setting up everything manually again so my clients can at least have email.......

My phone hasnt stopped ringing since the servers dissapeared, have been doing alot of damage control.

Im ready to rip Javiers head off for him if i was lucky enough to find him (and if youre reading this Javier, aint a threat....)

The really bad part about all this is how its destroyed my faith, i went with all the resellers i have ever been with after much research and they all had rave reviews and all went belly-up. Who and what do we trust anymore?

Hi,

Originally Posted by Sammy95
    My guess is that they do not even have the serveres any more, the datacenter probably didn't get its money and closed them down.

My Semi-dedicated account has been down and gone for many many weeks now.
    and my reseller account went yesterday.

The only chance I think You have is to try to log into the server mentioned above and hope that You can log into Your account there. If they moved it.....

Try this IP:

Customers http://69.16.252.204:2082
    & Resellers https://69.16.252.204:2087

If You are lucky then You will find Your account and can get a backup.
    If that doesn't help - then I guess You have learned it the hard way.

Sammy
    Well, the above IPs don't work for me.

I had private nameservers registered with Bliksemhosting and did not use their nameservers.

Is there any other way to get access to WHM?

Regards,

Ed

hi,
    i just tried http://www.bliksemhosting.com/ and its showing me the site, are they back, or iam viewing a cached copy ???????

Seems to be back up. Get your files as soon as possible.

it's not working for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Tsyle
    it's not working for me...
    Click on start

type: cmd

once the black screen comes up type: ipconfig /flushdns

press enter.

Close the window and try to visit the site again.

the bliksemhosting website works for me... but my personal website doesn't... i have a custom dns so i don't know if it will work...

See if you can access your WHM by IP as I stated before. If you can then the next host can transfer for you. If you can't and you don't have your data backed up on your system, you may be out of luck.

THANKS will give this a try as soon as i get off work.

The really bad part about all this is how its destroyed my faith, i went with all the resellers i have ever been with after much research and they all had rave reviews and all went belly-up.
    Which is why it's good to keep an eye on the external reputation of the host you use, while you use them, and to have a host you can turn to in case things go sour.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsyle
    THANKS will give this a try as soon as i get off work.
    Let us know how it works. The sooner the better for you. In case, you may not have access to it later. Good luck!

I tried https://69.16.252.204:2087 and it doesn't work for me... i guess this isn't the server that I am on.

you didn't get a welcome email with the IP address of the server you would be on?

you didn't get a welcome email with the IP address of the server you would be on?
    nope. all I see was just server down and I hurried here and found out that bliksem has collapsed.
    what a nightmare.

Harry

Quote Originally Posted by HKC_
    nope. all I see was just server down and I hurried here and found out that bliksem has collapsed.
    what a nightmare.

Harry
    Does your username and password work on the above IP address that was posted?

Does your username and password work on the above IP address that was posted?
    nope, neither my current IP or the IP posted on this thread.
    even though I have changed the domain to point out the new NS

Harry

Blicksem Information

I'm in the same situation - a bunch of sites down for days with very angry clients who can't even e-mail me!

I didn't receive the following e-mail but I found it on one of the "Angry Reseller" forums. Not sure if it works . . .

Sent: Thu 11/30/2006 2:43 PM
    Subject: IMMEDIATE ATTENTION REQUIRED!!

As you are aware, the BliksemHosting management team has been dissatisfied wtih the level of technical support & attention received from the Superb Data Center for some time now. We have attempted to resolve these issues over the last three months to no avail. Due to this, management has decided to cease our contract with Superb Data Center effective immediately.

This decision will require a server move to a more powerful & stable server at the LiquidWeb Data Center. The server your account/s are being moved to is a Dual Xeon 3.06 64-bit with 4GB RAM. You will undoubtedly see an increase in power and stability, not to mention a more stable network, on server Barza,

At this time, it is imperative that you change the name servers to your account/s immediately. This will help you avoid unnecessary downtime for your sites, as well as reduce the risk of any possible data loss. Your account/s have already been migrated to server Barza. The migration should be seemless once you change your name servers to all of your hosted sites.

Barza Name Servers:
    ns1.co-opnet.net
    ns2.co-opnet.net

IP address to Barza (use this IP to access e-mail, cPanel, WHM & ftp on the new server until the domain resolves):
    IP address: 69.16.252.204
    cPanel Access: IP:2083 (secure) -or- IP/cpanel
    WHM Access: IP:2087 (secure) -or- IP/whm
    Webmail: IP:2096 (secure) -or- IP/webmail

If you're using private or custom name servers you can request that those be set up via the helpdesk located at the following URL:

(I had to delete URLS in order to post this.)

It is important that you change DNS immediately to the server's anonymous name servers given above to avoid prolonged downtime for your sites. After your DNS changes propagate throughout the Internet, you may open a support ticket to request that your custom or private DNS be created.

As with any migration to a different server utilizing a different server configuration and operating system than the host server, some scripts or the server's configuration may require tweaks. If after the migration is complete your sites experience script or software issues, please open a support ticket with details (including the URL and error codes) for immediate assistance.

If you have any questions please contact us via the help desk at the above noted URL.

Again, we stress that it is imperative that you immediately modify your sites' name servers to avoide prolonged downtime.

Sincerely,
    BliksemHosting Management Team

All those IP addresses bring up a login box for me.

All those IP addresses bring up a login box for me.
    yes, it does, but I can't login, even though I pointed my DNS to this IP Address.

Harry

Move from Joie to Grenwerk
    Move from Grenwerk to Joie
    Move to Barza

Yeah right. I don't believe a single word.
    Only a select few recieved this email. This looks to me like it was just a sad attempt to keep the clients that never complain about anything.
    Bliksem had no right to do this without any prepairing everybody in advance.
    My theory is that smartguy Jav started shooting his mouth off at whomever actually owned the servers and when he started screeming at them, they locked Bliksem out.
    Sysadmin: "Hello, how can we help you?"
    Jav: "HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT!!! YOU ARE BEING ABUSIVE!!!"
    Sysadmin: "Is there a problem?"
    Jav: "I KNOW MORE ABOUT HOSTING THAN YOU! YOU ARE STUPID AND ABUSIVE!!!!"
    Sysadmin: "Why are you calling support?"
    Jav: "ALL MY BACKUPS ARE CORRUPT AND YOU HAVE TO RECOVER THEM NOW!"
    Sysadmin:[/b] "Sir, we are unable to do that because you haven't actually made any backups."
    Jav: "YOU LEAVE ME NO CHOICE BUT TO LEAVE YOUR INFERIOR SERVICE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!"
    Sysadmin: "OK, Thanks for your business, ByeBye now" (audible click)
    Jav: "HELLO!! I DEMAND YOU PICK UP THE PHONE AGAIN RIGHT NOW!!!!!!"
    (dial tone)
    Jav: "HOW DARE YOU ACT SO UNPROFESSIONAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Jav: (speaking to Christina, Monty, and Frankie) "PLAN B... We do to our customers what we did when we changed BliksemBiz to BliksemHosting"

Any way, I never recieved any email like that, and none of the IP's work for me either.
    BliksemHosting.com is occasionaly up, but it's so slow that I wonder if it's being run on some personal PC just long enough to charge a bunch of people through paypal and credit cards.
    Here's a leed in this...
    One of the payment methods exepted was via Western Union.
    Western Union requires a name
    When their site floundered back up yesterday, this was retrieved from the payment link:
    Nielsen, Ross 8345 NW 66th St
    Miami, FL 33166-2626
    (305) 858-6144

How good is the info??? I have no idea, but it is what slick had posted for WU payments.
    Last edited by C~J~V; 12-14-2006 at 10:45 AM.
    -= Webmaster=-
    -=Programmer=-
    -=. Hired Gun .=-
    .o''o.o'

Quote Originally Posted by C~J~V
    Here's a leed in this...
    One of the payment methods exepted was via Western Union.
    Western Union requires a name
    When their site floundered back up yesterday, this was retrieved from the payment link:
    Nielsen, Ross 8345 NW 66th St
    Miami, FL 33166-2626
    (305) 858-6144

How good is the info??? I have no idea, but it is what slick had posted for WU payments.
    That's interesting. I plug that phone number into Google and this is what comes up:
    Francisco F Quevedo Sr
    (305) 858-6144
    1382 SW 10th St,Miami, FL 33135

I know this is too late for many people, and I really feel for what those of you still stuck on Bliksem's servers are going through, but after last month's shenanigans with Bliksem I made the jump to a Dotable VPS. There's been a few hiccups but through it all Aussie Bob and Steve have been absolutely fantastic. This really is the level of support that Bliksem promised us and you don't have to be afraid to ask questions for fear of one of Jav's infamous abusive phone calls. Granted that I've only been with Dotable for a few weeks and we all know that high praise means nothing because many of us went with Bliksem based on the high praise they received here at WHT but I would encourage everyone with Bliksem to at least shoot Aussie Bob an e-mail and see for yourself.

I have switched also, Jav is a jerk, plain a simple. I was thinking I was the only one who he was abusive to.

I switched to an affordable dedicated from nkom, little worried now about reseller accounts.

What a mess

Robert

Reseller accounts in general should not be given a bad name, just because the acts of one company. Yes it is unfortunate that this has happened to so many customers. However, if backed by a solid network, reliable hardware and knowledgable, friendly support staff a reseller account can be a valuable package.

I think all of us former Bliksem clients got the Jav treatment at some time or other. I was told off several times. Like many I thought for some reason I had ticked him off!

I guess now it`s all in open we`re seeing what a jerk, and possibly fraudster the guy really is.

Well I hope that your new host will take care of you better than what you have experienced thus far.