Sales over Xmas and New Year?

I was curious as to know if my fellow web hosts around here face any over all sales slow down over the xmas and new year period. We do see a decline ourselves but its mostly after 24th and a week before that.

Yeah - everything but retail slows down this time of year.

I've been involved in multiple other businesses, all services, and December is horrible.

I have found also that late December is very slow.

January is where it is at for the web hosting industry. Most people must have resolutions that they are going to resolve their hosting issues or make a new website I guess.
    Mike Johnson - thehostinglist.com
    Reviews of the world's top web hosting providers
    Check our reviews at thehostinglist.com before you buy your web hosting package!

Quote Originally Posted by thehostinglist
    I have found also that late December is very slow.

January is where it is at for the web hosting industry. Most people must have resolutions that they are going to resolve their hosting issues or make a new website I guess.
    Ya i agree, jan/feb are huge compared to dec
    Like passive recurring revenue you can retire on?
    You focus on building your brand, we handle all support, billing, and more.
    Pressed.net - Start your own Managed WordPress Hosting Company

I have found the exact opposite, to be quite honest with you. The December-January holiday season tends to be our most profitable time of the whole year. This may only be because we tend to throw some insane holiday special though.
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

November, January, and February have always been great for us! I have to agree with the general sentiment that December is the worst - and August seems to be a close second (at least in our case).
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress Joomla OpenCart Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

Agreed - December is worst month for business. So, just take a vacation instead

hmm, we see sales slump, but not drastically. However the last week of december is definately slow.. mostly non-US orders

Looking at our stats, as we get closer and closer to Christmas, the number of visitors to our site gradually slows down. However, we usually have a promotion in place during Christmas to keep sales up.

Last week was slow, but this week (due to some "unforseen circumstances"), our sales have been pretty good.

However, once we reach mid January, sales pick-up pretty fast..

I usually see Christmas as a time to do audits and maintenance.
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

Quote Originally Posted by ForumsAddict
    I was curious as to know if my fellow web hosts around here face any over all sales slow down over the xmas and new year period. We do see a decline ourselves but its mostly after 24th and a week before that.
    There is certainly a visitor decrease as closer days to the 25th get here. A few days after that the visitors and sales start picking back up. I would say a slight drop in sales nothing major though.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

We have increased sales for game servers during the month, although b2b drops right down.
    Olly | INX-Gaming
    Call of Duty 4 hosting

b2b sales almost stop in November until late January for us - people looking at keeping things over for next years budgets, christmas parties, staff holidays etc.

b2c sales of vanity domains, hostng for their digital camera shots etc pick up right after the 25th
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

I always expect a sales slump at this point in the year as everyone using the Jan-Dec accounting periods delays spending until after Dec to ramp up their performance figures

Sales keep the customers coming through this period though...
    ManageMyServices was sold by me in September 2009. I no longer have any affiliation with this company.

b2b wise i think everything's put off until January. I know December for us is more a case of getting through the month rather than expanding etc.
    Olly | INX-Gaming
    Call of Duty 4 hosting

We've normally seen a decrease in sales last two weeks in Dec. and picks back up again around the third week in Jan.
    Jim - 2Macs H-Sphere Web Hosting
    Since 2001 - H-Sphere Clustered Shared Linux & Windows Hosting
    Fully Managed Services| Custom Web Designs
    Unconditional, 30 Day Money back Guarantee!