Who are you using? and are you happy with them?

I am currently using HalfPriceHosting.com and I am not happy with them.

This post doesn't help anyone, try to elaberate on why you are not happy with your host, then maybe others can do the same.

Can you explain a little more? Why do you like them? What makes HalfPriceHosting stand out for you? Elaborate on their uptime, support, plans, whatever it is why you like them.
    Jim - 2Macs H-Sphere Web Hosting
    Since 2001 - H-Sphere Clustered Shared Linux & Windows Hosting
    Fully Managed Services| Custom Web Designs
    Unconditional, 30 Day Money back Guarantee!

I am using dreamhost.com

Good storage/bandwith
    Great Price
    Okay support
    Great speed
    Little downtime (host-tracker)

overall, I'm happy
    hosted by HawkHost
    I Recommend: LimeStone Networks!
    The OverSeller Defender!

Most of the people here are hosters - so they probably use themselves. We use just recently sold our hosting business to TechEvolution. Whie we kept two servers, they are doing some hosting needs for us as well. We have been very happy with them.

If the person doesn't like his hosting he must explain it. Not simply writing - I don't like this hosting and posting here without any explanations IMO.

It would really help if people would post domains that they host with the companies they recommend or advise against...

SYE,
    you are wrong - what doesn't help is someone offering nothing more than criticism of another post. If you have nothing to add then why comment at all?

It is very worthwhile to find out who is generally happy with their hosting company.

Quote Originally Posted by TeranceH
    SYE,
    you are wrong - what doesn't help is someone offering nothing more than criticism of another post. If you have nothing to add then why comment at all?

It is very worthwhile to find out who is generally happy with their hosting company.
    So, what makes your post so much more helpful than his?

Quote Originally Posted by SNorton
    So, what makes your post so much more helpful than his?
    Mine was the original post asking the question. I was replying to his.

We used HostGator for a while for their hosting plans, with discount coupons all over the net, you can get your first month for $0.01 to give them a first month trial.

When signing up with hostgator it was pretty straight forward, although the signup was flagged, wether it was because we were from the UK or i signed up but used a business debit card, i have no idea, but one quick call to them and everything went smoothly.

To be honest i dont really remember the rest... which is definately a good thing, everything just worked, which is absolutely brill and to be honest we havent given them the credit they deserve. After signup we never once had to contact them again.. the welcome email was the most informative i have seen and after receiving it, it answered all the basic first-time questions.

I hope this helps you in your search.. Good luck!!
    IT Support - Business Hosting & VOIP Solutions Scotland

Hi

Haven't posted in a long while in the forum. Guess it's about time. My startup's been with Jodohost.com for more than a year now and I think we have found the ideal host. The reasons:

Affordable reseller hosting (Win and Linux included)
    Useful tutorials (to get acclimatised to H-Sphere)
    Pretty good uptime
    Reasonably fast servers
    Regular server addition

We have hosted more than a dozen client sites and a few of our own (pdsoftware.in, pdstext.com, pulavan.com). Perhaps you can tell me the speed at which the sites download (I am based in India).

All in all, a most satisfying experience. All the best to you guys in your quest for the ideal host.

Why are you not happy?

ive been with hostgator for about 3 to 4 months and i LOVE THEM. absolutely zero downtime in the last 3 months ( downtime was constant for the first few days, i was unlucky enough to get on a new server) . But after that everything normalized and i was good.

I currently use about 20gb a month and about 200mb storage and have yet to see problems. tech support is top notch and there is never a delay.

Happy with layeredtech where me and a friend have a dedicated server.
    Happy with dreamhost - I keep some files for download, about 10 sites with blogs and some backups - 99.9* uptime
    Very happy with hostgator - keeping my main blogs there, great performance, no downtime, real good support, wanted to activate ssh, sent a support and an ID ... all done in a few minutes - really hope they stay this way
    Got Fused?

I use Dathorn, stable, support sometimes isn't the friendliest or most helpful, but ive been with them over 3 years now.
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out my 2021 WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks, the most comprehensive look at WP hosting performance

Is it true that most of the traffic here is host providers? Given the number of people active on the forums at any given time, either they aren't all host providers, or the host provider market is much much larger than I thought.

In any event, I'm not a host provider; I used Dreamhost for almost two years ago now probably. I started off an 11 on a scale of 1 to 10. At it's low point it was probably a 6.5 when they were having a bunch of issues in a short timeframe. At the moment, it's probably back to a 8.5 or 9.

Quote Originally Posted by random user
    Is it true that most of the traffic here is host providers? Given the number of people active on the forums at any given time, either they aren't all host providers, or the host provider market is much much larger than I thought.
    Actually, I think there are quite a few WHT members including myself that are not hosting providers or even true resellers but do some web design work and provide hosting for their clients using one or more reseller accounts.
    Everyone is entitled to MY opinion.
    CatfishEd.com

Quote Originally Posted by TeranceH
    SYE,

I wasn't trying to be right or wrong, i was simply giving some advice on how to start a discussion that people will find useful. If you elaborated on why you were unhappy then maybe i wouldn't need to criticise.

I fail to see how saying you are unhappy with a host (thats if you are hosted by them, no url provided to show proof) is useful to anyone except yourself, apart from giving the host a bad name.

Well, to return to the OP's question -- I have personally tried many different hosting companies over the years, and currently I have most of my sites hosted with HostGator.

There are certainly many other good hosts out there also, just remember every host will have at least some dissatisfied clients. But if most customers seem happy it is a good sign.
    Web Hosting Reviews — based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic